West Ham Utd vs Stoke City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: West Ham Utd vs Stoke City Official Match Thread

Postby Clayton » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:24 am

Hart was back to his usual poor goalkeeping ( dont know how some thought different ). Hope we get Pope
Zabs has the experience/class , and the talent but no pace ( made a mistake ) . Roll on transfer window
Rice oozes class , for one so young ( MoM )
Ogbonna so much better with Rice/Cresswell alongside him ( Reid/Collins cant play again ) Roll on transfer window
Cresswell doing well as 1 of 3 CB's ( gaining confidence )
Masuaku a enigma ( great going forward , cant operate in final quarter ) ?
Fernandes young , definitely has talent ( needs a creative Manager )
Kouyate headless Chicken springs to mind ( maybe try at the back or just sell ) Roll on transfer window
Noble a quandary ( Have been a fan , but his days are numbered , just not good enough ) Roll on transfer window
Mario ok hes played out of position , but for a player of his so called renown he should be able to play anywhere Bye
Arnie how good has he been of late since his change of attitude , ( hardly any support ) wasted .

Subs should have come on earlier.

Moyes roll on end of season so he is gone , will it happen after getting a 1-1 draw at home to Stoke where we played 10 behind the ball most of the game , more then likely not .
Last edited by Clayton on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:28 am

Rick_Deckard wrote:" set up what should have been the winner but for a cunt of a ref. Nothing more to say about that."

but Auntie Carol clearly controlled the ball with his arm, before slotting it to Chica so it was the correct decision....

That ugly bastard Shawcross was all over him causing the ball to hit his arm. If play wasn't allowed to go on it should have been a penalty.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:36 am

palerider wrote:Hart 3. Awful error.
Zabaleta 6. Faultless apart from their goal. Cost us dearly.
Rice 8. Outstanding but for one incident that allowed Sobhi in in the first half. Luckily, Sobhi is shit.
Ogbonna 8. Very solid.
Cresswell 8. Best game for ages.
Masuaku 5. Crossing was diabolical.
Fernandes 4. Weak. Easily brushed off the ball. Adds nothing.
Noble 8. I thought he had a very good game.
Mario 5. Luckily he's only on loan.
Kouyate 6. Better than Mario. But only just.
Arnautovic 6. No support.

Subs

Hernandez 6. Should have come on earlier.
Lanzini 6. So should he.
Carroll 9. I don't usually give marks for so late an entrance but he scored and set up what should have been the winner but for a cunt of a ref. Nothing more to say about that.

Pretty much spot on with your marks Mr P....

Oggy MOM for me,in fact back 3 were all good.....

Seems like we were set up and ready,and expecting Stoke to have a go at us,but never happened
they offered nothing,but we didn't seem to realise this and continued to sit back and be cautious,
made for a shit game,one that would we could have won easily by pushing up a bit...
Wasn't happy with our performance very disappointed,we were poor,but Stoke were crap
and deserve to go down if that's all they offer,Lambert said they played well.....
He was watching a different game to me then.looked like they came for a draw.. :?

We need Lanzini to play......without him our MF is so stagnant,and offers hardly anything
attack wise.
Mario is hot and cold....have enough of that with Nobes,Kouyate chasing shadows half the time
Fernandes not doing it for me last couple games anyway...seems to spend most of his time covering
Zabs,who is good but we really need a bit more down that right side,no real attacking threat
there.

Put me head in me hands,when AC came on.......very nearly walked out....
then he goes and scores..... :lol:
But that's what he is ...a Sub......

On the bright side... might have added a few more bucks to his transfer value,not that us
and the team will see any of it...
But have a nasty feeling Moysie is gonna wanna keep hold of him....
Which means we will almost defo lose Chico.......not happy........
1 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:47 am

Newmarket wrote:Bring back Allardyce I say ....

He is coming back and the worse situation could be he sends us down,now that would be a nightmare but very West Ham,no that won't happen will it? .....will it?COYI
0 x

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:56 am

palerider wrote:Hart 3. Awful error.
Zabaleta 6. Faultless apart from their goal. Cost us dearly.
Rice 8. Outstanding but for one incident that allowed Sobhi in in the first half. Luckily, Sobhi is shit.
Ogbonna 8. Very solid.
Cresswell 8. Best game for ages.
Masuaku 5. Crossing was diabolical.
Fernandes 4. Weak. Easily brushed off the ball. Adds nothing.
Noble 8. I thought he had a very good game.
Mario 5. Luckily he's only on loan.
Kouyate 6. Better than Mario. But only just.
Arnautovic 6. No support.

Subs

Hernandez 6. Should have come on earlier.
Lanzini 6. So should he.
Carroll 9. I don't usually give marks for so late an entrance but he scored and set up what should have been the winner but for a cunt of a ref. Nothing more to say about that.

I would have almost written it word for word mate but I would have added Ogbonna got done like a kipper (you ever had 1 of those on your visits to the mighty land lol) in the 2nd half a wee bit like the aforementioned Rice did in the 1st!!

But what I also find interesting is your take on Mario.

I agree 110%.

Yet this is a guy thats being bandied about at a cost of £40m.

£40 FUCKING MILLION.....and he looks totally disinterested!!!

And yet "the majority" of fans on here only bleat one thing....SPEND MONEY!!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

Its also even more interesting when you look at our best player on the night again!!!!

When you look at whats happening at a club like Burnley SURELY you have to realise ITS NOT ALL about spending money.

Its about identifying a chosen team system.

Its about getting players to TOTALLY buy into that system.

And its then about CONVINCING said players they are the best in the game playing it.

Its whats serving Burnley so well.

Its what won Leicester the league.

To that end Moyes IMO deserves credit for at least identifying our absolute shambles in midfield and deploying 3 CHs whilst not leaving Zabaletta and Cresswell exposed at Full Backs and making us tougher to beat.

As for "the rest of it"!!!

Mmmmmmmmm.

Big job.

Start from the back.

Frazer Forster in as keeper (he was amonst the best in league before all the Soton wobbles) and get a rock solid CH to partner young Rice .

Then look for a lung bursting RWB that can also defend (actually have a suggestion for that but will keep it for another day) and off we go.

PS...I would keep Fernades as I think he can improve with good coaching.
1 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:10 am

The first half compared with the dullest I've witnessed for a while,surely Moyes could see that we had more than enough defenders to contain them but even our wing backs didn't join the attack quick enough,I think his game plan was to keep a clean sheet at all costs and then to grab a late goal,well Hart fucked that up but that shouldn't take away the fact that Moyes set up wrong and Hernandez should have started to help Arnie who was always hopelessly outnumbered.cheers to the people who I spoke to on the boats and will be there again for Everton hopefully. COYI
0 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Just to say I have a continuing love for Mark Noble and feel sorry for those of you who aren't able to appreciate what he brings to the team.

90% passing efficiency again last night.. And the passes are not merely in the general direction of the recipient ,but pinpointed to where that particular player would want to receive it, for instance straight to Lanzini's toes, but two or three yards in front of Kouyate for him to take in his stride.
2 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Mikeveep wrote:Just to say I have a continuing love for Mark Noble and feel sorry for those of you who aren't able to appreciate what he brings to the team.

90% passing efficiency again last night.. And the passes are not merely in the general direction of the recipient ,but pinpointed to where that particular player would want to receive it, for instance straight to Lanzini's toes, but two or three yards in front of Kouyate for him to take in his stride.

Agreed, he was excellent last night.

My worry is those around him as he can't do it forever, and we badly need midfield reinforcements in the Summer.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

punkrockhammer

Postby punkrockhammer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:10 pm

palerider wrote:
Rick_Deckard wrote:" set up what should have been the winner but for a cunt of a ref. Nothing more to say about that."

but Auntie Carol clearly controlled the ball with his arm, before slotting it to Chica so it was the correct decision....

That ugly bastard Shawcross was all over him causing the ball to hit his arm. If play wasn't allowed to go on it should have been a penalty.

He was also wrestled to the ground off the ball waiting for a delivery so could easily have won a penalty aswell
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 pm

Clayton wrote:Hart was back to his usual poor goalkeeping ( dont know how some thought different ). Hope we get Pope
Zabs has the experience/class , and the talent but no pace ( made a mistake ) . Role on transfer window
Rice oozes class , for one so young ( MoM )
Ogbonna so much better with Rice/Cresswell alongside him ( Reid/Collins cant play again ) Role on transfer window
Cresswell doing well as 1 of 3 CB's ( gaining confidence )
Masuaku a enigma ( great going forward , cant operate in final quarter ) ?
Fernandes young , definitely has talent ( needs a creative Manager )
Kouyate headless Chicken springs to mind ( maybe try at the back or just sell ) Role on transfer window
Noble a quandary ( Have been a fan , but his days are numbered , just not good enough ) Role on transfer window
Mario ok hes played out of position , but for a player of his so called renown he should be able to play anywhere Bye
Arnie how good has he been of late since his change of attitude , ( hardly any support ) wasted .

Subs should have come on earlier.

Moyes role on end of season so he is gone , will it happen after getting a 1-1 draw at home to Stoke where we played 10 behind the ball most of the game , more then likely not .

I enjoyed that Clay .

Even more than the Cheese role I ate whilst reading it ;)
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Return to “Football Talk”