West Ham Utd vs Stoke City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Mikeveep

Re: West Ham Utd vs Stoke City Official Match Thread

Postby Mikeveep » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Tim,you are playing a cheese???
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Mikeveep wrote:Tim,you are playing a cheese???

Yeah Mikey I thought it might be a challenging roll :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:44 pm

Porterman wrote:
palerider wrote:Hart 3. Awful error.
Zabaleta 6. Faultless apart from their goal. Cost us dearly.
Rice 8. Outstanding but for one incident that allowed Sobhi in in the first half. Luckily, Sobhi is shit.
Ogbonna 8. Very solid.
Cresswell 8. Best game for ages.
Masuaku 5. Crossing was diabolical.
Fernandes 4. Weak. Easily brushed off the ball. Adds nothing.
Noble 8. I thought he had a very good game.
Mario 5. Luckily he's only on loan.
Kouyate 6. Better than Mario. But only just.
Arnautovic 6. No support.

Subs

Hernandez 6. Should have come on earlier.
Lanzini 6. So should he.
Carroll 9. I don't usually give marks for so late an entrance but he scored and set up what should have been the winner but for a cunt of a ref. Nothing more to say about that.

I would have almost written it word for word mate but I would have added Ogbonna got done like a kipper (you ever had 1 of those on your visits to the mighty land i am genuinely amused) in the 2nd half a wee bit like the aforementioned Rice did in the 1st!!

But what I also find interesting is your take on Mario.

I agree 110%.

Yet this is a guy thats being bandied about at a cost of £40m.

£40 FUCKING MILLION.....and he looks totally disinterested!!!

And yet "the majority" of fans on here only bleat one thing....SPEND MONEY!!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

Its also even more interesting when you look at our best player on the night again!!!!

When you look at whats happening at a club like Burnley SURELY you have to realise ITS NOT ALL about spending money.

Its about identifying a chosen team system.

Its about getting players to TOTALLY buy into that system.

And its then about CONVINCING said players they are the best in the game playing it.

Its whats serving Burnley so well.

Its what won Leicester the league.

To that end Moyes IMO deserves credit for at least identifying our absolute shambles in midfield and deploying 3 CHs whilst not leaving Zabaletta and Cresswell exposed at Full Backs and making us tougher to beat.

As for "the rest of it"!!!

Mmmmmmmmm.

Big job.

Start from the back.

Frazer Forster in as keeper (he was amonst the best in league before all the Soton wobbles) and get a rock solid CH to partner young Rice .

Then look for a lung bursting RWB that can also defend (actually have a suggestion for that but will keep it for another day) and off we go.

PS...I would keep Fernades as I think he can improve with good coaching.

I agree on Mario. Looks a class player but he isn't cut out for the physical side of the premiership. Can you see him taking knocks like Lanzini? Would be better suited by the slower Italian league like Zaza.
We do need to spend money but on decent players that have a decent set of bollocks:)
Agree 100% on fernandes! Only 21 and still very much a learning curve for him here. He likes to go forward and join up with the offensive but it looks like Moyes has put an invisible line for him on the pitch where he mustn't cross
hha.Can't let him off the lead until we get decent , defensive mid players in. Lets face it Kouyate and Noble look like they are struggling almost every game, but in saying that we lose more games by far when Mark doesn't play.
Last edited by IronsForever on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:46 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Porterman wrote:
I would have almost written it word for word mate but I would have added Ogbonna got done like a kipper (you ever had 1 of those on your visits to the mighty land i am genuinely amused) in the 2nd half a wee bit like the aforementioned Rice did in the 1st!!

But what I also find interesting is your take on Mario.

I agree 110%.

Yet this is a guy thats being bandied about at a cost of £40m.

£40 FUCKING MILLION.....and he looks totally disinterested!!!

And yet "the majority" of fans on here only bleat one thing....SPEND MONEY!!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

Its also even more interesting when you look at our best player on the night again!!!!

When you look at whats happening at a club like Burnley SURELY you have to realise ITS NOT ALL about spending money.

Its about identifying a chosen team system.

Its about getting players to TOTALLY buy into that system.

And its then about CONVINCING said players they are the best in the game playing it.

Its whats serving Burnley so well.

Its what won Leicester the league.

To that end Moyes IMO deserves credit for at least identifying our absolute shambles in midfield and deploying 3 CHs whilst not leaving Zabaletta and Cresswell exposed at Full Backs and making us tougher to beat.

As for "the rest of it"!!!

Mmmmmmmmm.

Big job.

Start from the back.

Frazer Forster in as keeper (he was amonst the best in league before all the Soton wobbles) and get a rock solid CH to partner young Rice .

Then look for a lung bursting RWB that can also defend (actually have a suggestion for that but will keep it for another day) and off we go.

PS...I would keep Fernades as I think he can improve with good coaching.

I agree on Mario. Looks a class player but he isn't cut out for the physical side of the premiership. Can you see him taking knocks like Lanzini? Would be better suited by the slower Italian league like Zaza.
We do need to spend money but on decent players that have a decent set of bollocks:)

Why spend money when most of our ladies team have bigger bollocks than some of our first team squad..... :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
2 x

Return to “Football Talk”