Carroll

Chat about anything football related here!
thomasswe

Re: Carroll

Postby thomasswe » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:49 am

Not his fault he's injured too much.

But thats the thing, it's too often.

Maybe if his playing time was being used sparingly it could be better both for him and us, but the squad is too thin so he is always rushed back when he gets fit after his injury, then he gets injured again.

Still a quality goal and he always gets a few of those each season
0 x

Marco Boogers Boots

Postby Marco Boogers Boots » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:09 am

thomasswe wrote:Not his fault he's injured too much.

But thats the thing, it's too often.

Maybe if his playing time was being used sparingly it could be better both for him and us, but the squad is too thin so he is always rushed back when he gets fit after his injury, then he gets injured again.

Still a quality goal and he always gets a few of those each season

It's his fault if the rumours regarding it being rehab rather than the physio he's been seeing are true........
0 x

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:30 am

But who would take him unless we give him away? Keep him and use him as an impact sub. He might even stay injury free if he only plays 10-15 minutes a game. :lol:
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:30 am

terrya1965 wrote:The cameo appearance by Carroll was magnificent.He scored and made the goal that Henandez,that was chalked off for a foul on HIM.

He was hauled down in the box with his first touch, scored with his second and made a third that was ruled out.....not bad for a 10 min cameo.

I feel for the fella, he has dodgy knees and ankles for sure and I am sure that is down to the fact he leaps in the air all the time and as a big fella it has put pressure on his joints and caused so many injuries. Dean Ashton was never fit either even before the SWP tackle and probably because they play the game in a similar way....he is just built like that. If he had been able to stay fit he would be one of the best in the league because defenders don't like playing against them.
Last edited by h69 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:32 am

palerider wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Credit where it's due. He took the goal superbly. But I can see why the other one was chalked off. He did throw an elbow, and the ball also hit his hand. Could have been given but not a decision to get me spitting teeth tbh.

But I'd still get rid tbh. He simply isn't in the condition to perform regularly.

The first two goals were correctly chalked off. The 3rd was ridiculous having seen it from the replay. If anything it was a foul against Carroll. Gianluigi Buffon should have gone out in a blaze of glory and decked that cunt Oliver.

:lol: :lol: :lol: goodpost:)

He's supposedly our best ref yet when Geoff Cameron came on he persistently fouled or players and Oliver didnt think to get the card out.
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:35 am

h69 wrote:
palerider wrote:The first two goals were correctly chalked off. The 3rd was ridiculous having seen it from the replay. If anything it was a foul against Carroll. Gianluigi Buffon should have gone out in a blaze of glory and decked that cunt Oliver.

:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: goodpost:)

He's supposedly our best ref yet when Geoff Cameron came on he persistently fouled or players and Oliver didnt think to get the card out.

I agree,4 fouls in probably less than 5 minutes and he did nothing.
0 x

TargetMan

Postby TargetMan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:10 pm

As I said before, I love this guy so much. When he is fit he is top striker, you just need to know to use him. If I were England's boss, I'd call him for World cup just to have plan B.
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Can anyone find a link to Andy Carrolls goal yesterday... Every youTube clip is some computerized shit talking!...

Did not watch the match yesterday.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:41 pm

Noni wrote:Can anyone find a link to Andy Carrolls goal yesterday... Every youTube clip is some computerized shit talking!...

https://youtu.be/P9YViW8VWmg?t=2m27s
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:24 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Noni wrote:Can anyone find a link to Andy Carrolls goal yesterday... Every youTube clip is some computerized shit talking!...

https://youtu.be/P9YViW8VWmg?t=2m27s

Thank you!! :)
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”