Hammer of the year

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Hammer of the year

Postby mkhammer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:10 pm

h69 wrote:
mkhammer wrote:Up until bout a month ago was gonna give Adrian my vote,for sticking with it,being a top
pro and getting his place back(think I've said this before somewhere,repeating myself...sorry.. :i am genuinely amused: )
We really need to play him last few games....IMO.....

But will be and has to be Arnie,good chance we would be in more shit than we already are
without him....

TBH never been Oggys biggest fan,but had a good year,gone up in my estimation,and Zabs
for bringing a lot to the team.....

Oggy was carrying an injury for a long time I think and as soon as he had his opp he has been different class. Rice looks more and more like a class defender each game I see him and now I see him as ahead of Reid for that place.

Would still like to see Rice in a MF role H......has to much Skill and Vision to be playing at the
back....
Think a really dominant CB should be high on the shopping list....mind you it's a pretty
big list... :i am genuinely amused:

Ogs had a good year but still worries me a bit with anything quick happening on his right side..
his not totally comfortable there...
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:14 pm

mkhammer wrote:
h69 wrote:
Oggy was carrying an injury for a long time I think and as soon as he had his opp he has been different class. Rice looks more and more like a class defender each game I see him and now I see him as ahead of Reid for that place.

Would still like to see Rice in a MF role H......has to much Skill and Vision to be playing at the
back....
Think a really dominant CB should be high on the shopping list....mind you it's a pretty

Ogs had a good year but still worries me a bit with anything quick happening on his right side..

He needs to be Rices side and totally agree with putting Rice as DM, excellent passing and with vision as well.
0 x

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:17 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
BCHammer wrote:
And its not the first time either. The bloke is the ultimate professional, plays with heart, grit & determination and we cant under estimate what he brings to the dressing room, particularly young Declan, but I cant look past Arnie and his performances and goals. He could have been the biggest flop after his start and rightly had all the fans on his back, but he pulled himself together and he has saved us this season. That took great character.

Beginning of the season, I never wanted to see Ogbonna in a West Ham shirt again. His turn around has been pretty amazing too, he looks composed and solid, so many goal saving clearances and can actually run with the ball out from the back and learned to pick a pass rather than just hoof it wildly, my runner up.

Very true I thought the passing from the back last night was excellent from all of them, as for Zabbas alleged mistake, surely the Stoke players were never going to be offside wherever Zabba was going to stand, it was Hart who gave the ball to the Stoke player therefore playing them on side. They could of both been standing off side when the shot came in, they were not interfering with play, Hart spills the ball to Crouch, therefore playing him on side, and the goal would of counted.

Its not really fair to call out Zaba when his keeper badly let him and everyone down.

it actually occurs to me that Arnie could well be the reason why Stoke are down and not us... dont know what they had until hes gone.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:11 am

mkhammer wrote:
h69 wrote:

back....

Get that but I think that Rice is a ball playing CB with pace and they are few and far between. Even City struggle to find decent ones. He is great at covering if Oggy is a bit slow off the mark. They are a good pair.

We should just buy a holding MF. It would be easier to find one than a ball playing CB and if Rice and Oggy can stay fit and play consistently that shouls shore us up. The reason we are a little harder to beat now is that these three at the back are now getting an understanding of each others game.
2 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:35 am

h69 wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

back....

Get that but I think that Rice is a ball playing CB with pace and they are few and far between. Even City struggle to find decent ones. He is great at covering if Oggy is a bit slow off the mark. They are a good pair.

We should just buy a holding MF. It would be easier to find one than a ball playing CB and if Rice and Oggy can stay fit and play consistently that shouls shore us up. The reason we are a little harder to beat now is that these three at the back are now getting an understanding of each others game.

Shame Reece Oxford couldn't/Hasn't broke thru.....was as excited bout him one time as I am with
Declan now.......would have been great having them both in,one at the back,one just in front...

But your right that defensive MF is imperative....seems like every club has em except us..
But looks like were stuck with Nobes,Wiley and Obi......first choices....for next year.
and it just doesn't work......

Here's hoping Moyes has got someone in mind and gets the backing.....prob not... :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:12 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

back....

He needs to be Rices side and totally agree with putting Rice as DM, excellent passing and with vision as well.

I sooner we put a DM at the top of our shopping list along with a CM , as Rice to me looks settled as the typical ball playing CB , he can pass he has pace and he has a footballing brain , these types of players especially good ones do not come along very often , early days but reminds me so much of Moore . :shock:
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:08 pm

h69 wrote:Arnie for me hands down....produced most of the quality in a forgettable season once he had a manager who could coach him.

Rice for YP of the year and runner up to hammer of the year.

I agree, Arnie certainly has saved our bacon this season :D

Worst player would be Hart for me!.... Not amused by his effort for us, despite that one sensational match where he played very well!!........ One game does not cut it for me...
0 x

Towie

Postby Towie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:22 pm

Noni wrote:
h69 wrote:Arnie for me hands down....produced most of the quality in a forgettable season once he had a manager who could coach him.

Rice for YP of the year and runner up to hammer of the year.

I agree, Arnie certainly has saved our bacon this season :D

Worst player would be Hart for me!.... Not amused by his effort for us, despite that one sensational match where he played very well!!........ One game does not cut it for me...

Actually Hart has played some good games for us, palace & Chelsea games stand out for me. But he has made some blunders and top quality keepers will perhaps make one a season aka De Gea. Look at Loris at Spuds in recent weeks has made some mistakes, and he is rated as one of the top 3 keepers in league.

Player season for me has to be Arnie followed closely by ogbonna.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”