Why Moyes has to go...nothing personal

Chat about anything football related here!
Chicken Runner

Why Moyes has to go...nothing personal

Postby Chicken Runner » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:32 pm

I thought I would start another post as I'd like to get a measure people's thoughts on how you feel about your time spent as a fan of WHU at the moment. Dicksies post on the match thread really resonated with me and I felt for the poor bugger.
Quote by Dicksies Diner after the match yesterday.
I struggled but eventually got to the game from being up at 3.30 for work and doing a 13 hour shift. Then to be served up that dull, unimaginative dour, and safe football. It's so frustrating watching us under Moyes and it's not just Moyes it's slot of lower level teams who play fear based football and I for one have had enough of it.

Living in Canada now for many years, after going to UP as a teenager in the 60's/70's, I sit on my couch and watch the Hammers struggle once more to provide some form of entertainment. In short, I'm thinking, how much more of my time am I willing to spend watching these uninspiring performances that have been West Ham for quite some time now...but this is not about me.

I read this poor buggers post. This is exactly the reason why the board must let Moyes go.
Remember the short video that Geo put out after another abject performance, he was sitting at the station late at night tired and hungry, and he had missed his train back to Scotland... do the club deserve this kind of support?
My heart goes out to all those that give so much of their time, cash, and lives, to support this club.
How much can these loyal and committed supporters take of this frustrating masquerade? They deserve better!! Much better.

You would hope that the board will measure things very carefully in the coming weeks/months should we survive this almost catastrophe of a season. Surely the board owes their loyal supporters at least the minimum of being entertained.
1 x

h69

Re: Why Moyes has to go...nothing personal

Postby h69 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:09 pm

Yeah....we could get a progressive manager like Bilic or Koeman and end up in the championship playing teams like Burton Albion, Brentford or QPR.

Much of your post assumes that the top division is as level as it was in the 70s, players and clubs were not awash with money and that we have played entertaining football the whole time through the 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's

I have had a ST for 40 years and go home and away (missed only one game this season) and personally I want the team to win, always have.....the nice and pretty is icing on the cake. When we won at Stoke and Huddersfield I was happy.

I will always support the team through thick and thin but its a sport and I want the team to win.

In a game right near the end of the season, game management comes into play. I would rather draw ugly than lose pretty at this end of the season (though its not like we didnt try and win like Stoke). The forwards on the bench were half fit and so it made sense to keep them there.
Last edited by h69 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2 x

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:13 pm

I live in Canada now, so getting up for 7am on a Saturday is nothing, but as you say, I am becoming increasingly unmad with myself if I accidentally sleep in and dont feel I have missed anything.

I didnt think the Stoke game was too bad to be fair, but they were so obviously playing with the handbrake on and no one comes forward when we try to break and Arnie ends up on his own and we just expect him to take on 4 defenders and do magic on his own. Playing Stoke, who all they have got about them is to be annoying, we should have gone for it from the start. That was a massive lost opportunity to secure safety by throwing away 2 pts with Moyes set up, then his late subs.

To me, the attacking bench showed us Moyes knew what team he really should have put out. I cant see any guarantee that we will get another point this season so there is no way we are safe. We just have to hope one of the big boys have an off day and we sneak a lucky goal. So yes, #Moyesout - but who I want to replace him I really dont know, the reality is who are we going to get that is a significant improvement. Only ones who will be willing to work with the Daves are desperados like Pardew or Hughes.
2 x

Dagger

Postby Dagger » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:36 pm

for me Moyes was not backed in the transfer window

will we get a better manager to replace him? we may
could we get a worse one yes indeed as not many really good managers would want to come to us

would not want to lose the back room staff and I suppose Moyes
would like to see if they back him in the window and then shot him if he fails

we are not going to get the board out but may have done enough to make them part with money ( I know dreaming)

people keep saying how good Burnley are and fair point but they have taken a few years to get there not 6 months

roll on next season
1 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:11 pm

Dagger wrote:for me Moyes was not backed in the transfer window

could we get a worse one yes indeed as not many really good managers would want to come to us

we are not going to get the board out but may have done enough to make them part with money ( I know dreaming)

people keep saying how good Burnley are and fair point but they have taken a few years to get there not 6 months

roll on next season

Agree with a lot of this...
Bit like a lot of these flash in the pan teams.....I would suggest Burnley will struggle a bit next season.
0 x

brookingslovechild

Postby brookingslovechild » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:19 pm

h69 wrote:

roll on next season

Bit like a lot of these flash in the pan teams.....I would suggest Burnley will struggle a bit next season.

Burnley are us in slavs first season. Other than that , they survived like most of the bottom half teams in the past few seasons, so not sure dyche is the messiah , hes just having a blinding season. I dont know enough about managers beyond the prem so cant think of a suitable replacement. I'm pragmatic, i would take winning however its done over pretty Zola footy and losing... so i guess i'd stick with moyes for next season and see what happens.....there i've said it...oh and i like marmite.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:45 pm

brookingslovechild wrote:
h69 wrote:

Burnley are us in slavs first season. Other than that , they survived like most of the bottom half teams in the past few seasons, so not sure dyche is the messiah , hes just having a blinding season. I dont know enough about managers beyond the prem so cant think of a suitable replacement. I'm pragmatic, i would take winning however its done over pretty Zola footy and losing... so i guess i'd stick with moyes for next season and see what happens.....there i've said it...oh and i like marmite.

See what you are saying on Burnley but for us, we had a world class player who papered over the cracks....they have had a settled side for a while and a good team work ethic with few expensive foreigners.

Agree on the rest though.....want to win. We shoudl not really judge Moyes until he has had a full season but I dont buy the fact that we will play the same way at the start of next season than we play in the last 10 games of this one. We didnt prevously when he came and we started winning away.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:58 pm

roll on next season

How do you know he wasn't backed, Did he not say that he would only bring in players that he had scouted personally and improve the team.....So Sullivan backed him and bought........Jordan Hugill for £10m. ( Now worth about £5m ).....How dare you say the board did not back him....... :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:02 pm

h69 wrote:Yeah....we could get a progressive manager like Bilic or Koeman and end up in the championship playing teams like Burton Albion, Brentford or QPR.

I wouldn't rate Bilic as 'progressive'. Nor, it should be noted, has either Bilic or Koeman been relegated. David Moyes has, and very recently.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:37 pm

I don't want Moyes next season.
But the thought of another "Sullivan appointment" actually fills me with more dread if I'm honest.
2 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Return to “Football Talk”