Stoke players

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Stoke players

Postby palerider » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:46 pm

It's now 1/8 at best with the bookies for Stoke to go down. As much as 1/12 on some sites.

Would any of their lot improve us ?

It's obvious to me that the dwarf won't spend a lot in the Summer, so raiding a relegated side may be an option.

We were linked with Joe Allen in January but he was poor last night. Badou N'Diaye however, I thought was very good. Stoke picked him up for 15m, so getting their money back might tempt them. And we were after him ourselves I believe.

And Shaqiri of course. He looks like a younger version of Sullivan, but he's a danger, and would be an asset imo.

Obviously Jack Butland, but I think he'll go to either Arsenal or the Bin Dippers.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

h69

Re: Stoke players

Postby h69 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:07 pm

palerider wrote:It's now 1/8 at best with the bookies for Stoke to go down. As much as 1/12 on some sites.

It's obvious to me that the dwarf won't spend a lot in the Summer, so raiding a relegated side may be an option.

We were linked with Joe Allen in January but he was poor last night. Badou N'Diaye however, I thought was very good. Stoke picked him up for 15m, so getting their money back might tempt them. And we were after him ourselves I believe.

And Shaqiri of course. He looks like a younger version of Sullivan, but he's a danger, and would be an asset imo.

Obviously Jack Butland, but I think he'll go to either Arsenal or the Bin Dippers.

I would take Bruno Martins Indi......he was their best player last night and looked a decent Centre Back.
1 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:08 pm

h69 wrote:
palerider wrote:It's now 1/8 at best with the bookies for Stoke to go down. As much as 1/12 on some sites.

I would take Bruno Martins Indi......he was their best player last night and looked a decent Centre Back.

Yep, fairly decent.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:13 pm

N'Diade is a HUGE upgrade on Noble and Obiang.

Butland is a HUGE upgrade on both Adrian and Hart.

Shaquai is a HUGE upgrade on Lanzini .

But.

They are not where they are for no reason!!

Truth of the matter is that Stoke team is not in the bottom 6/7 " squad/ potential" wise yet they are!!

If ( as is looking more likely) they go down WHAT EXACTLY would.you be getting?!

Answers on a postcard!!
1 x

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:17 pm

No guarantee we wont be down with them and the vultures will be picking us apart, I cant see any guarantee of another point...

Anyway, the only one who jumped out at me was Bauer. Even Butland looks way over rated, but maybe its the crap in front of him.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:17 pm

Agreed....Indi looked very decent as did Bauer, Shaqiri is just ok, Butland is decent but I dont rate Allen or anyone else
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Porterman wrote:N'Diade is a HUGE upgrade on Noble and Obiang.

Butland is a HUGE upgrade on both Adrian and Hart.

Shaquai is a HUGE upgrade on Lanzini .

But.

They are not where they are for no reason!!

Truth of the matter is that Stoke team is not in the bottom 6/7 " squad/ potential" wise yet they are!!

If ( as is looking more likely) they go down WHAT EXACTLY would.you be getting?!

Answers on a postcard!!

goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:)
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Like AC, Crouch was left on the bench through an injury. Spent most of the season not playing. I still regard Crouchie as a top striker, but probably now getting passed it... It was ironic that Crouch and AC should score goals, who have suffered with injuries having not played for their team. ;)
0 x

Since 66

Postby Since 66 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:46 am

Crouch is about 8 years older than AC. But you wouldn't know it :roll:
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:27 am

Martins Indi on Monday's performance. Shaqiri maybe.

But questions must be asked why a player of Shaqiri's undoubted ability ended up at Stoke. He's been at Bayern and Inter, and isn't there any longer.

Craig Dawson at West Brom is another CD who would improve our lot imo.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Return to “Football Talk”