Looks like Pellegrini

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Looks like Pellegrini

Postby Gonzo » Fri May 18, 2018 12:03 am

This is starting to look like a done deal.

This does not fill me with confidence at all I have to say.
0 x

Clayton

Re: Looks like Pellegrini

Postby Clayton » Fri May 18, 2018 12:23 am

Wouldnt be my first choice , but their is no denying the guy is a very good manager , just doesnt appear able to change a good thing when it turns bad , like at City . But definitely knows how to build a team .
1 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:35 am

I agree with Clayton.His done well,where ever his gone and plays decent football too.

You can`t knock it really.

Don`t forget TOO, his taken two unfashionable Clubs to the Quarters and Semi Finals of the CL.
2 x

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Fri May 18, 2018 1:05 am

Far better than anyone we have had since..... ??

Theres no way Emery would come here

People have a hard on for Rafa, but I dont see why he would want to come here - be in the exact same situation but working with 3 assholes instead of 1. He has won more and got a championship team to 10th, but will his football be any prettier than Moyes?

Im happy enough with Pellegrini. Considering this time last week we had Moyes and remembering the circumstances in which we had to appoint him, beggars cant be choosers...
3 x

downunda

Postby downunda » Fri May 18, 2018 4:09 am

I'd be happy with Pellegrini, I feel he would certainly be an improvement on Moyes
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri May 18, 2018 6:57 am

terrya1965 wrote:I agree with Clayton.His done well,where ever his gone and plays decent football too.

You can`t knock it really.

Don`t forget TOO, his taken two unfashionable Clubs to the Quarters and Semi Finals of the CL.

And had it not been for the incompetence of a linesman in allowing a clearly offside Dortmund goal to stand Malaga would have also reached the semi final of the Champions League, And just to speculate I wonder if Jurgen Klopp's career would have panned out the same way had that happened ?

Sometimes small things can prove life changing. Villarreal missed a penalty in their semi final against Arsenal as well remember.? That would have taken the game to extra time.

Got bugger all to do with how well he'll do with us of course but I will be well pleased, not to mention surprised, if we can bring him in.
2 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

FlatCapDave

Postby FlatCapDave » Fri May 18, 2018 7:11 am

Gonzo wrote:This is starting to look like a done deal.

Why's that Gonzo? I can't see anything that Pellegrini has done that would suggest he wouldn't be successful at West Ham?

He took Malaga to 4th in the Spanish league as well as to the quarter finals of the Champions League, won the league & league cup double with City in his first season and took them to the Champions League semi-finals.

And despite the generally accepted viewpoint that he had money to spend, he signed some very good players for what was not all that much money.

Martín Demichelis, Joaquín, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Nacho Monreal & Isco all brought to Malaga for less than £10 million each.

Also, despite Pep taking the credit for Manchester City today, look at the players that Pellegrini brought in.

He was responsible for signing Fernandinho, Jesús Navas, Fernando, Raheem Sterling, Nicolás Otamendi & Kevin De Bruyne. Much of the basis for the side today was brought in under Pellegrini's watch.

Fella knows a player when he sees one, and plays exciting football as well.
2 x

aaronhammer

Postby aaronhammer » Fri May 18, 2018 7:33 am

I’d be very happy with Pellegrini personally. I’d certainly take Emery and probably Rafa over him, but that doesn’t mean it would be a bad appointment.

If I judge comments from fans of other teams, they’re shocked about Pellegrini, the same people were laughing in my face about Moyes, as a West Ham fan I know which one I prefer.
0 x

Towie

Postby Towie » Fri May 18, 2018 7:36 am

If this is true he will be an immense upgrade on any manager we have had in the last 30 years.

Plays the game the right way and gets the most out of his players.

Will he be able to work with our board is another matter.
2 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Fri May 18, 2018 7:51 am

FlatCapDave wrote:
Gonzo wrote:This is starting to look like a done deal.

Why's that Gonzo? I can't see anything that Pellegrini has done that would suggest he wouldn't be successful at West Ham?

He took Malaga to 4th in the Spanish league as well as to the quarter finals of the Champions League, won the league & league cup double with City in his first season and took them to the Champions League semi-finals.

And despite the generally accepted viewpoint that he had money to spend, he signed some very good players for what was not all that much money.

Martín Demichelis, Joaquín, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Nacho Monreal & Isco all brought to Malaga for less than £10 million each.

Also, despite Pep taking the credit for Manchester City today, look at the players that Pellegrini brought in.

He was responsible for signing Fernandinho, Jesús Navas, Fernando, Raheem Sterling, Nicolás Otamendi & Kevin De Bruyne. Much of the basis for the side today was brought in under Pellegrini's watch.

Fella knows a player when he sees one, and plays exciting football as well.

He hasn't managed an English team that can't buy,De Bruyne Fernandinho etc.So it will come down to can he coach a team,I'm sure he'll get around £40mill but not enough to turn heads,so will he be able to coach,this is why Rafa was my first choice.But will be interested to hear why Gonzo's unimpressed.COYI
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”