The Cricket

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: The Cricket

Post by mkhammer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:58 am

palerider wrote:We have them at 11-2 then it starts pissing down.

Bilic out.

"Stumped"....
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:06 am

Only watched Highlights.....but what i saw wouldn't want to face that bowling to often..
Must have been nigh on perfect conditions for our bowlers....
Today looks a bit different lets hope we take advantage....a quickish 250 be nice...
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:47 am

mkhammer wrote: Must have been nigh on perfect conditions for our bowlers....
Pitch under the covers for a couple of days, cloudy, moist. Yep.
Anderson is almost unplayable in that.
Problem is when the conditions don't suit him, and Broad, they look like a couple of plodders.
It's why his average is 23 in England and 34 abroad.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:34 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
mkhammer wrote: Must have been nigh on perfect conditions for our bowlers....
Pitch under the covers for a couple of days, cloudy, moist. Yep.
Problem is when the conditions don't suit him, and Broad, they look like a couple of plodders.
I think Jimmy has a bit more to him than that but not Broad. Assuming Stokes isn't in chokey he comes back in as a straight swap for Broad. You can't drop Woakes now !

But you're right about the conditions. As alien to India as us playing against 3 spinners on a Mumbai dust bowl.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:06 am

palerider wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote: Pitch under the covers for a couple of days, cloudy, moist. Yep.
I think Jimmy has a bit more to him than that but not Broad. Assuming Stokes isn't in chokey he comes back in as a straight swap for Broad. You can't drop Woakes now !

But you're right about the conditions. As alien to India as us playing against 3 spinners on a Mumbai dust bowl.

What was Woakes on...I want some... :lol:
Yeah gotta find away to get em both in now surely....But don't think it'll be Broad going...

Why couldn't they finish the day off, 9 overs left,been playing under lights all day nearly...daft..

India are terrible at the moment.....gotta take advantage and kick their arses really try and rub
it in..
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:25 pm

palerider wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote: Pitch under the covers for a couple of days, cloudy, moist. Yep.

Actually, Broad has a slightly better record than Anderson away from home.
Anderson is absolutely the better swing bowler of the two though.
There's not much alternative to either, but when you head overseas with your two premier strike bowlers averaging 33 and 34 you will struggle.

Broad 4-44 today, including the Indian middle-order, so no chance he gets dropped.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:56 pm

great result for england i just hope when i go thursday to watch a meaningless t20 game against the mighty essex eagles that the weather holds and there is some excitement
0 x

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Good result, but further enforces the fact, that Anderson & Broad, are unplayable at times in near dark conditions. Neither should tour again, as they both become up and down, once their passports have been shown
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:30 pm

jameskel wrote:Good result, but further enforces the fact, that Anderson & Broad, are unplayable at times in near dark conditions. Neither should tour again, as they both become up and down, once their passports have been shown
I think his second innings with the ball saved Broads place in the side to be honest. I'd still drop him for Stokes for the third test.
0 x

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Now that Stokes has been acquitted and reinstated back into the England team I doubt he'll be selected for the Trent bridge test especially after Woakes' performance at Lords.
0 x

Social Media