Mario Husillos - Our Most Important Signing Of The Summer?

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: Mario Husillos - Our Most Important Signing Of The Summer?

Postby Ibbyham » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 pm

Maybe a good moves but will see any evidence of improvements and Sully to stay clear and be quiet.
0 x

FlatCapDave

Postby FlatCapDave » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 am

Towie wrote:So it makes sense to wait until they have a great tournament and their transfer price increases 5 fold? Is it not better to have proper scouting in place to be able to sign players before they reach the world cup and are on display to all and sundry. :? :? :?

Doesn't matter what scouting was in place until now, none of it matters as Husillos and Pellegrini are calling the shots, and their approach will be completely different to what we've used before.

There'll no doubt be a list of players somewhere that have been scouted and deemed a good fit for our squad, but it's entirely down to the new manager if he wants to pursue any of them.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:57 am

FlatCapDave wrote:I wonder which "rumour" will be next then?

"David Moyes is getting the job! He's the cheap option!"

"There's no way we'll hire Pellegrini, he'll want too much money to spend! He's no mug!"

"Okay, well, he's been in the job 20 minutes already and hasn't signed anyone! What's going on?!?"

"Erm, yeah, well, he's said in an interview that he's not getting the money to spend that he wants!"

"Okay, but, well, he's not getting his choice as DoF, is he?!?! that cunt Sullivan would never relinquish control!!"

"Okay, he may be getting his choice, but it's only as head scout or some other shit!!!"

"Erm, well, yeah, but The Sun said.....!!!!!"

And on it'll fucking go for the foreseeable future, with the redtops peddling shite and some of our fans buying into it because of their hatred of the board.

Your points are well made Dave. But surely you will accept that the dwarf's previous utterances and failure to implement the promised measures, most notably the "retractable seating", have fostered an air of mistrust in him. The hatred directed towards the little turd is of his own making imo.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

FlatCapDave

Postby FlatCapDave » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:59 am

Whiskyman wrote:Your points are well made Dave. But surely you will accept that the dwarf's previous utterances and failure to implement the promised measures, most notably the "retractable seating", have fostered an air of mistrust in him. The hatred directed towards the little turd is of his own making imo.

I also dislike the little sod, but at the end of the day he's one of the owners and he ain't going anywhere.

When the season ended we moved on from Moyes, and to be honest he's lived up to his word so far. He's brought in a quality manager on top dollar, he's allowed said manager to appoint his own head of recruitment, and from who we've been linked with thus far it's looking as though we're serious about spending a bit.

I know we've heard that before, but this time we have a manager who knows what he's doing, and who wouldn't have left China for a job here unless he knew what he was getting in return.

I'm just fed up with some fans bashing the club, and then when something good happens they don't acknowledge it, they simply move on to the next moan.

I can see it now....

"Yeah, okay, we spent £80 million on players and qualified for the Champions League, but what about the scaffolding and how long I need to wait for a beer, eh? Cunts ain't sorted that yet, have they?!?!?"

Let's just enjoy the fact that we seem to be acting like a proper football club at the moment.
4 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Towie wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:Some proper activity should start now he's been officially announced,looking forward to seeing some good players coming in.COYI

I have it on good authority that transfers won’t take place till after World Cup.

Off course exceptions are those that have already taken place and those that take place during World Cup.

Exactly what I've heard.COYI
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:10 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:Your points are well made Dave. But surely you will accept that the dwarf's previous utterances and failure to implement the promised measures, most notably the "retractable seating", have fostered an air of mistrust in him. The hatred directed towards the little turd is of his own making imo.

I also dislike the little sod, but at the end of the day he's one of the owners and he ain't going anywhere.

When the season ended we moved on from Moyes, and to be honest he's lived up to his word so far. He's brought in a quality manager on top dollar, he's allowed said manager to appoint his own head of recruitment, and from who we've been linked with thus far it's looking as though we're serious about spending a bit.

I know we've heard that before, but this time we have a manager who knows what he's doing, and who wouldn't have left China for a job here unless he knew what he was getting in return.

I'm just fed up with some fans bashing the club, and then when something good happens they don't acknowledge it, they simply move on to the next moan.

I can see it now....

"Yeah, okay, we spent £80 million on players and qualified for the Champions League, but what about the scaffolding and how long I need to wait for a beer, eh? Cunts ain't sorted that yet, have they?!?!?"

Let's just enjoy the fact that we seem to be acting like a proper football club at the moment.

All very true. But as you and I both know the one thing we English are good at is fucking moaning. You only have to look at the number of posts on here after a defeat, or particularly miserable performance, to realise there are a lot more comments than usually follow a win. I've lived most of my life here, apart from a period of employment in Germany and a very brief spell working in New York, so I haven't got too much to compare it with. But I bloody well know the Germans and the Yanks I met and those I worked with whilst in exile had nothing to compete with a traditional English whinge fest. ;)

And as for the dwarf having kept his promises, well his most recent ones anyway, that is surely something that should be expected from the majority shareholder in a multi million pound business, not something which we give him credit for when he does it.

In spite of your fine words mate, which in principle I can't disagree with, I still think the dwarf is a total arsewipe who I wouldn't trust to run a bath never mind the aforementioned multi million pound business.
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
FlatCapDave wrote:

I can see it now....

All very true. But as you and I both know the one thing we English are good at is fucking moaning. You only have to look at the number of posts on here after a defeat, or particularly miserable performance, to realise there are a lot more comments than usually follow a win. I've lived most of my life here, apart from a period of employment in Germany and a very brief spell working in New York, so I haven't got too much to compare it with. But I bloody well know the Germans and the Yanks I met and those I worked with whilst in exile had nothing to compete with a traditional English whinge fest. ;)

And as for the dwarf having kept his promises, well his most recent ones anyway, that is surely something that should be expected from the majority shareholder in a multi million pound business, not something which we give him credit for when he does it.

In spite of your fine words mate, which in principle I can't disagree with, I still think the dwarf is a total arsewipe who I wouldn't trust to run a bath never mind the aforementioned multi million pound business.

The issue is the whining when we DO win :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
1 x

Towie

Postby Towie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:22 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:
Towie wrote:So it makes sense to wait until they have a great tournament and their transfer price increases 5 fold? Is it not better to have proper scouting in place to be able to sign players before they reach the world cup and are on display to all and sundry. :? :? :?

Doesn't matter what scouting was in place until now, none of it matters as Husillos and Pellegrini are calling the shots, and their approach will be completely different to what we've used before.

There'll no doubt be a list of players somewhere that have been scouted and deemed a good fit for our squad, but it's entirely down to the new manager if he wants to pursue any of them.

Don’t disagree with anything you say, it was the other poster seeming to think we should wait till after the World Cup to make signings.
0 x

Hildreth_1101

Postby Hildreth_1101 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:09 pm

Whatever the Malaga fans say about him it can't be worse than Sullivan, least out DoF won't be announcing links on twitter and ruining transfers.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”