World Cup are you bovvered.

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Re: World Cup are you bovvered.

Postby IronsForever » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Going out on a limb and say you can back against any Muslim team nation if they are playing before fasting ends. Not sure of the time zone but did the Saudi players break fast before the game today? If not , then they would not be able to eat or DRINK anything all day leading up to the game

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ramadan-a ... p-players/
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:20 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Hammertime wrote:Being an expat & having to suffer the inevitable septic ridiculing of the Three Lions (although easier this time around given their capitulation in qualifying!) these games take on a somewhat added importance over here.

We have a local boozer where the expats congregate to share the usual misery, outside of that, I built a bar & patio in me shed outback & seeing as the games start early here, will be a tough month on the liver :o

I know how you feel...I too suffer the inevitable septic ridiculing....the problem here is they all expect Brasil to win, and I have to keep on reminding them about the last WC..against Germany..... :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: ..7-1. I am the only Englishman here surrounded by half a million Brasilians...and when I'm ridiculed I suffer.....they still remind me of Iceland.. :oops: But my flags are flying with pride for now and I will pick and choose the matches, no one works here when Brasil play so I am also looking forward to an enlarged liver come the end of July.

Know what you mean m8, I was in Rio for 2 weeks during the last world cup and was gobsmacked at how futbol crazy they were over there. Everyone had flags out (and I mean everyone!) and you've never seen the streets of Rio so empty when they're playing! It's true what they say, that Volleyball is the biggest sport over there because football is a religion!
1 x

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:46 pm

The Saudis certainly won’t be bringing home the bacon.
2 x

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:15 am

The Saudis were fucking garbage.

I don't profess to know the answer but how can Italy and the Dutch not be there but this lot could ?

Ok, I get the host nation being present although again, in 4 years time Qatar actually playing will be a mockery thanks to that cunt Blatter, but surely it should be about the best teams taking part.
1 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:46 am

Ron Manager wrote:The Saudis were fucking garbage.

I don't profess to know the answer but how can Italy and the Dutch not be there but this lot could ?.

You need to ask Ron? (although I know you know the answer already).
It's ££££££££
It's FIFA.
Say no more.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

OZHAMMER

Postby OZHAMMER » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:08 am

I don't profess to know the answer but how can Italy and the Dutch not be there but this lot could ?

Ok, I get the host nation being present although again, in 4 years time Qatar actually playing will be a mockery thanks to that cunt Blatter, but surely it should be about the best teams taking part.

I might be on my lonesome here, but I thought the Saudi’s controlled possession in the first half, and produced some great passing football. They just had no real threat in the final third.

(I went to bed at HT)
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:29 am

Yeah was thinking exact same last night......it's a bit diluted without these 2.....

Don't really know the answer...cos you have to have the qualifiers..and if you don't make........

If you seed teams or say previous winners automatically get in.....then you can't have a qualifying
Round...... :?
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:47 am

mkhammer wrote:

Yeah was thinking exact same last night......it's a bit diluted without these 2.....

Don't really know the answer...cos you have to have the qualifiers..and if you don't make........

If you seed teams or say previous winners automatically get in.....then you can't have a qualifying
Round...... :?

It's harder to qualify from Europe because, on balance, there are more teams of a better standard. Extending the bloody thing to 48 teams is going to be a complete nonsense if it allows more teams like Saudi Arabia to qualify.

Apparently only the Saudis and England have squads made up entirely of players who play in their own domestic league. But you already knew that, didn't you ? ;)
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:50 am

OZHAMMER wrote:

I might be on my lonesome here, but I thought the Saudi’s controlled possession in the first half, and produced some great passing football. They just had no real threat in the final third.

(I went to bed at HT)

They did. But they didn't have the ability or flair to make anything of the posession. They only created one real scoring chance when the RWB sent in a cracker of a cross when it was still 2-0. If someone had got a touch it might have been different. But no one did, so it wasn't.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:29 am

I think the Arabs should just put a veil over the performance now.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”