Free Signings, Record Signing & Antonio

Chat about anything football related here!
dagenhamdave

Free Signings, Record Signing & Antonio

Post by dagenhamdave »

All looked as bad as each other tonight, I think most free signings are free for a reason, the chance of picking up a diamond are few and far between. Ayew looked like he wanted to be somewhere else, even before he got injured. Arthur improved a bit as the game went on, but poor old Antonio, if I was him I would not be surprised if he asked for a move away in this transfer window before all his confidence goes. Tonight was one of the worst displays I have seen from a West Ham team, what happened to only adding to the team if it improves it, cannot see any of the new players in that definition?

hammerman69

Re: Free Signings, Record Signing & Antonio

Post by hammerman69 »

dagenhamdave wrote:All looked as bad as each other tonight, I think most free signings are free for a reason, the chance of picking up a diamond are few and far between. Ayew looked like he wanted to be somewhere else, even before he got injured. Arthur improved a bit as the game went on, but poor old Antonio, if I was him I would not be surprised if he asked for a move away in this transfer window before all his confidence goes. Tonight was one of the worst displays I have seen from a West Ham team, what happened to only adding to the team if it improves it, cannot see any of the new players in that definition?
Zlatan was free I think.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

£290,000 a week

We should have had Tevez on a free and paid him the £250,000 a week instead of £20M for Ayew + wages
Last edited by dagenhamdave on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by 1234 »

hammerman69 wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:All looked as bad as each other tonight, I think most free signings are free for a reason, the chance of picking up a diamond are few and far between. Ayew looked like he wanted to be somewhere else, even before he got injured. Arthur improved a bit as the game went on, but poor old Antonio, if I was him I would not be surprised if he asked for a move away in this transfer window before all his confidence goes. Tonight was one of the worst displays I have seen from a West Ham team, what happened to only adding to the team if it improves it, cannot see any of the new players in that definition?
Zlatan was free I think.
Zlatan was free and I'll tell you something else..he is gone.
He will be a flop. Wait and see.

kingmidas

Re : Free Signings, Record Signing

Post by kingmidas »

Finally a true account of Ayew he didn't want to be out there simple

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Sadly I think it is going to be a very tough season, based on the way we played last night, playing in the Europa League, and the players we have brought in so far, not one new player excites me, they seem average at best.

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

dagenhamdave wrote:£290,000 a week

We should have had Tevez on a free and paid him the £250,000 a week instead of £20M for Ayew + wages
But that would make him free and you just said free players were no good ??? :lol:

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

hammerman69 wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:£290,000 a week

But that would make him free and you just said free players were no good ??? :lol:
Read again, you forgot the magic word "MOST" :roll:

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

dagenhamdave wrote:
hammerman69 wrote:
Read again, you forgot the magic word "MOST" :roll:

ahhhh I see. MOST free players are free for a free for a reason but some are not....I get you now :roll:

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Free signings fall into two sections, the good ones cost an arm and a leg in wages, we have none of these.
The second section is the one we have where most are average at best, and you hope one makes it.
Hope this clarifies?