Bournemouth Match Thread (Streams in first post)

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: Bournemouth Match Thread (Streams in first post)

Post by 1234 »

kickimmuts
BlackDiamond wrote:Special mention for Arthur Matsuaki. A quality recruit and the best player signed this month.

Agree.
I won't go overboard until he is against a decent winger (Bournemouth were very poor) but well happy with his performance. Will get caught out ositionalky but looks a very decent signing. I am happy to be proved wrong with him.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote:
JayK wrote:
If true, good for her. His attitude in pre-season doesn't deserve wages. Can't see it being true though coz I'm sure it would break the contract unless it's written in there saying "if you're an sulky, injured twat, you don't get paid".
I expect that by not keeping himself fit and available for selection he is probably in breach of contract ....
And not going on pre-season to USA and Austria must be a breach too. But isn't he injured? Which means not entirely his fault he's not fit. Not really defending him, just saying
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Well I was pleasantly surprised with the result today. Expected a 1-1 or 0-0.
Antonio looked OK and happier being up field. Didn't do bad on the left but kicked it out a few times. He and Tore switched a few times through the game and I think they're definitely better suited in the opposite sides as they started.
Not completely impressed by Tore yet, especially his free kicks (smh).
Valencias 1st touch and lightweight build never gave him a chance and we kept whipping in balls to him to try compete with 6ft+ cb's. Not often he was gonna win them. His 1st touch is always 2 yards away from him though, shocking.
Really liked our left back. Woulda been my man of the match but not taking it away from Antonio. Great header and you could see how happy he was and how happy the rest of the team were for him too.
I was not impressed with Nordveit except maybe 2 touches in the 2nd half. Positionally bad and bad decisions made.
COYI!!!

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

1234 wrote:kickimmuts
BlackDiamond wrote:Special mention for Arthur Matsuaki. A quality recruit and the best player signed this month.

Agree.
I won't go overboard until he is against a decent winger (Bournemouth were very poor) but well happy with his performance. Will get caught out ositionalky but looks a very decent signing. I am happy to be proved wrong with him.
Its almost enough to make you wish he turned out to be fucking garbage!!!

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Shows what we have been missing with Antonio up front, with sicknote out once again, I would try Antonio as a lone striker instead of Valencia as many have said before, I am sure he would scare a lot of defenders.

If we are not going to buy a decent striker, then make one of our own. whufc_crest
Last edited by dagenhamdave on Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

belfasthammer

Re: Bournemouth Preview Thread

Post by belfasthammer »

belfasthammer wrote:Think we will squeak a 1-0 in a poor game
Belfasthammer WHAT APUNDIT lol????

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

1234 wrote:kickimmuts

Agree.
Good for you mate ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

dagenhamdave wrote:Shows what we have been missing with Antonio up front, with sicknote out once again, I would try Antonio as a lone striker instead of Valencia as many have said before, I am sure he would scare a lot of defenders.

If we are not going to buy a decent striker, then make one of our own. whufc_crest
Good post Dave and something I think even Bilic mentioned in his post match interview.
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote:
Newmarket wrote: I expect that by not keeping himself fit and available for selection he is probably in breach of contract ....
And not going on pre-season to USA and Austria must be a breach too. But isn't he injured? Which means not entirely his fault he's not fit. Not really defending him, just saying
The way I understand it he's ok just been a lazy cunt and sitting on his ARSEhole doing fuck all whilst the squad was away ...
Jay , was that you mugging off the Everton fan on Twatter ? :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Noni

Post by Noni »

dagenhamdave wrote:Shows what we have been missing with Antonio up front, with sicknote out once again, I would try Antonio as a lone striker instead of Valencia as many have said before, I am sure he would scare a lot of defenders.

I agree! goodpost:) whufc_crest :)