Transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Matthammer

Re: Transfer window thread

Post by Matthammer »

I think it just boils down to the usual.
Sully deploys the scattergun approach .... lots of targets ... lots of hype and waffle .... bigman talk about the world class players, complaints about cut-throat agents and clubs hiking prices and yadda yadda yadda, lots of bravado about trying and then last minute shove a few loans in. **NB** I would love to be proved wrong on this, but unless the talk of average, backup quality players and uninspiring names from other low-scoring/points teams is finally just a cover for a maverick swoop or two ...

Now, i understand loans can be good to make sure a player settles and we have had some fine ones through the years ... we have also however had some diabolical rubbish, but then persevered playing them. Whether that is in vain hope the signing proves positive or just a reminder to fans that 'get used to it, we will dot he same next window' i dont know.

I mean yes, i'd love to have some inkling about who we were after and know we were on the right track, but if im honest id be happier to roll my eyes at the paper talk and see an unveiling when something was actually signed. Rather than the ongoing pantomime where Sully needlessly drags our transfer dealings through the press.

Pick out some targets (the manager not the chairman), swoop in ... pay the money (or dont), dont sod about with some ridiculous haggle. Get it done. Preferrably early enough that no other club gets wind of it and so we're not left with overpriced shitty dregs at the end of the window. Also, the sooner they are signed they can get on settling into team and forming understanding.

Then we have the weird ones where we can haggle over comparatively small sums .... eg. Club X want 26m for a free-scoring world class youngster ... we offer below the asking price ... work our way to 25m .... and then drop out of it ..... yet we can go ahead and offer (reportedly) 16m for Slimani who has struggled to get a game for Leics, with only 2 PL starts this year.

The above aside and as noted its become a normality so lets just get through today and see what we have tomorrow. We cant do anything about it either way so may as well just ignore it and get ready for the next game XD

COYI
I'm running the London Marathon 2018 for The Disabilities Trust
Sponsorship welcome or just to keep up to date: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mattmcdonald2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

That Korean at Swansea isnt keen on a switch in a swap deal with Ayew , what can I say , thank fuck .

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Well, we can cross any hope of Schurrle off of the list. He's not going anywhere 'coz Andriy Yarmolenko's been busted in training and BVB are now saying Schurrle stays as cover.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BillyDWhizz wrote:Well, we can cross any hope of Schurrle off of the list. He's not going anywhere 'coz Andriy Yarmolenko's been busted in training and BVB are now saying Schurrle stays as cover.
Its ok mate as we are going to get Maddison or Cairney :roll:

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Clayton wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:Well, we can cross any hope of Schurrle off of the list. He's not going anywhere 'coz Andriy Yarmolenko's been busted in training and BVB are now saying Schurrle stays as cover.
I'd take Maddison in a heartbeat, young and looks very talented, Cairney however...Fuck that! There's a reason he's in the Championship at age 27 and has a footballing heritage of Hull, Blackburn, Fulham and a solitary cap for Scotland and that reason is...he's not very good. Got Snodgrass MkII written all over him. £40Million Fulham reckon!!! :lol:

We could sign someone like Juan Mata or James Rodríguez for that kind of money!!
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Clayton wrote:
I'd take Maddison in a heartbeat, young and looks very talented, Cairney however...Fuck that! There's a reason he's in the Championship at age 27 and has a footballing heritage of Hull, Blackburn, Fulham and a solitary cap for Scotland and that reason is...he's not very good. Got Snodgrass MkII written all over him. £40Million Fulham reckon!!! :i am genuinely amused:

We could sign someone like Juan Mata or James Rodríguez for that kind of money!!
Have to agree concerning Cairney , but it appears we are actually trying to get him for less then £20m which isnt a good sign , but what is , is the fact Fulham :lol: want £40m . But I would take Maddison all day long .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

We have made an offer for Anderlecht’s Leander Dendoncker this morning , guess what it wasnt high enough and was rejected , who would have thought !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Sky reporter Jamie Weir is at the training ground with the latest news.

We were never really interested in Slim Shady and there's now a 3rd PL club interested in Agadoo. But Jamie believes there will be incomings.

A big hint is that the nearly new oven gloves that were in the window of the Oxfam shop in Ilford are no longer there.

Watch this space.

Only 10 hours and 21 minutes to go !

hammerwell75

Post by hammerwell75 »

The sky sports reporter outside our training ground claims that Moyes & Sullivan are in their offices working hard
( although my guess is Sully will be writing his list of excuses for the missed signings that he worked tirelessly to sign ) .

So watch this space for more signings :geek: whufc_crest :D

palerider

Post by palerider »

hammerwell75 wrote:The sky sports reporter outside our training ground claims that Moyes & Sullivan are in their offices working hard
( although my guess is Sully will be writing his list of excuses for the missed signings that he worked tirelessly to sign ) .

So watch this space for more signings :geek: whufc_crest :D
You mean Mikhail Antonio's like a new signing ?