Declan Rice - Is he all that?

Chat about anything football related here!
Shortshanks

Re: Declan Rice - Is he all that?

Post by Shortshanks »

3413 wrote:Full of mistakes.
Positional sense poor.
Passed a decent ball a few times when he came on in games that were over.

Do fans overhype because he is a West Ham youngster (after Chelsea binned him)? Or is he the real deal?
Loads better than "captain fantastic " lol

Post by 1001 »

3413 wrote:
I am happy.
I have made it clear I want to see us relegated.
Not WHU anymore so not bothered and would love to see owners face relegation again.
Just to put it in its full context...
The only West Ham fan in the village...

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Numbers. Is he predictable? Is he a one trick pony?
Does he bring anything to the table?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Maybe a lot more than some !!

Post by 1001 »

Shortshanks wrote:Maybe a lot more than some !!
Yes, it does seem that a small cohort on here likes to nosh him off. There's no accounting for taste...
The only West Ham fan in the village...

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well i would take relegation if it was certain it got rid of these lot. Unfortunately it wont and it will only go to see us sell players and replace them with the Nolanish type. Then if we are fortunate enough to gain promotion we get back on the merry go round of excuses and short thrift.

They, i feel, can withstand one season in the chumps, two and they might not feel so comfortable. Only problem is is the Stadium deal i believe is tied to what league we are in.

Also, can you see Lanzini signing the vastly improved contract,? I think if Liverpool or anyone better comes knocking he will be off like a shot no matter how big a wad Sullivan waves under his nose. And who would blame him?!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

bigfacemike

Post by bigfacemike »

3413 wrote:Full of mistakes.
Positional sense poor.
Passed a decent ball a few times when he came on in games that were over.

Do fans overhype because he is a West Ham youngster (after Chelsea binned him)? Or is he the real deal?
I was at the 1-1 draw away at Spurs. My seat was directly behind his position in the second half (to the left of the goal, he was the left of the defensive three). He was absolutely class. Really really good. Experience gives players the chance to be good concistently.

Today, he was a 19 year old defender, with two full backs making up the central defensive three. Not his fault, he was hung out to dry. Yes, you are right, he was a bit "found out" today. But he can be really good, given just a bit more time in my opinion.
Oh, and yes, he can pass with both feet.

papawhisky

Post by papawhisky »

As I've mentioned before I have a somewhat outsiders view of things as West Ham are very much my 2nd team. Therefore I don't care if Rice is a product of the academy or not, couldn't care less.

I watch most Hammers matches online and more often than not (including today) Rice looks to have more awareness and football nous than most of his supposed peers. He is a class act in a very average team. Given his age he will become a top level player.

The current midfield is woeful and needs a total reboot, Noble and Kouyate need to go. The defence is left horribly isolated too often which obviously makes them look bad, but more often than not it is the lack of midfield support causing the issues.

Trolly McTrollface, you had been doing quite well recently. I mentioned a few weeks ago that the obvious sign of a troll was that you did not interact in general threads and purely set out to aggravate with your own topics. Almost from that day on you started to interact more in general threads(I am sure you were totally oblivious to my post :roll: ). But you still lack the subtlety to carry on this facade of actually caring. You don't care, you never have. I am a Blackburn fan and I care more about what the Hammers fans are going through than you ever will (we've been in a very similar situation ourselves).

If this is the best thing you can do to wile away the hours of your life, well good luck to you, you need it. May I suggest a few evening classes in trolling though, much needed, quite cheap. Your benefits should cover it.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

eskimo joe wrote:Well i would take relegation if it was certain it got rid of these lot. Unfortunately it wont and it will only go to see us sell players and replace them with the Nolanish type. Then if we are fortunate enough to gain promotion we get back on the merry go round of excuses and short thrift.

They, i feel, can withstand one season in the chumps, two and they might not feel so comfortable. Only problem is is the Stadium deal i believe is tied to what league we are in.

Also, can you see Lanzini signing the vastly improved contract,? I think if Liverpool or anyone better comes knocking he will be off like a shot no matter how big a wad Sullivan waves under his nose. And who would blame him?!
Joe, relegation would be a disaster because we would be left with "you know who" and unfortunately Nolan has retired and wouldn't be able to get us promoted.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Shortshanks wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:Well i would take relegation if it was certain it got rid of these lot. Unfortunately it wont and it will only go to see us sell players and replace them with the Nolanish type. Then if we are fortunate enough to gain promotion we get back on the merry go round of excuses and short thrift.

Joe, relegation would be a disaster because we would be left with "you know who" and unfortunately Nolan has retired and wouldn't be able to get us promoted.
I agree it would be a disaster, and yes i know who.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest