David Moyes . . . .

Chat about anything football related here!
bigfacemike

Re: David Moyes . . . .

Post by bigfacemike »

mkhammer wrote:Thing is we've had a wasted 2 years going forward,we should have had a couple seasons
knocking round 6th/9th,consolidating our place in the League,maybe another euro quali...
that's where I envisaged and where we should have been.......but.... :i am genuinely amused:
With next season and future ones of pushing on a bit..

So as i see it ....(if we stay up,should be OK,pretty confident) we're starting from scratch,and need
to look at high top half finishes for 2-3 seasons...
To me Moyes is as good as were gonna get in achieving this...it's gonna take a lot more hard work,
investment.. :i am genuinely amused: to achieve any more..

As long as we have our present owners we are Never ever Never gonna be a top 6 side,
not gonna happen....forget it..so we have to be realistic and aim for the best we can,which I
honestly believe Moyes can do,with a fresh start next year,pressure free,he will get us top 8...or so

Anything More and we need new Owners (Red Bull,C'mon FFS.....Fed up waiting.. :i am genuinely amused: )
And Another Manager....(Simeone.....in my dreams...)
goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:)

I agree. I'm not a fan of Moyes, but we have to admit he has his moments. The thing is, he's as good as we are going to get with Dick Dastardly & Mutley in charge. Given a full season he will deliver us a top half finish.
Is that what you want or expect? He's the perfect fit for the dynamic duo incharge. In as much as... He'll do. Easy choice etc.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

bigfacemike wrote:
mkhammer wrote:Thing is we've had a wasted 2 years going forward,we should have had a couple seasons
knocking round 6th/9th,consolidating our place in the League,maybe another euro quali...
that's where I envisaged and where we should have been.......but.... :i am genuinely amused:

So as i see it ....(if we stay up,should be OK,pretty confident) we're starting from scratch,and need
To me Moyes is as good as were gonna get in achieving this...it's gonna take a lot more hard work,

As long as we have our present owners we are Never ever Never gonna be a top 6 side,
not gonna happen....forget it..so we have to be realistic and aim for the best we can,which I
honestly believe Moyes can do,with a fresh start next year,pressure free,he will get us top 8...or so

Anything More and we need new Owners (Red Bull,C'mon FFS.....Fed up waiting.. :i am genuinely amused: )

I agree. I'm not a fan of Moyes, but we have to admit he has his moments. The thing is, he's as good as we are going to get with Dick Dastardly & Mutley in charge. Given a full season he will deliver us a top half finish.
Is that what you want or expect? He's the perfect fit for the dynamic duo incharge. In as much as... He'll do. Easy choice etc.
{Bottom lip bleeding with begrudging agreement} Do I want him? No.
Can we get better under the shysters? No.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise »

bigfacemike wrote:

Depressingly, I don't put you far wrong mate.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

bigfacemike wrote:

Have to agree Mike , not a fan myself but he's about as good as it will get for us with those two at the helm . BUT what do you think he will do if Dastardly & Mutley do not back him at the end of the season with enough cash for those priority positions that need remedying , and not with the crap we are being rumoured with at the moment .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Simeone would upset the West Ham way purists. We'd sound like Southampton last season. Something like

I know we've qualified for the Champions League but the football is too boring. He has to go.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

BlackDiamond wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

I think that too but I'm not sure Sully thinks the same.
Is it not time - I ask - that a great forum like this one, had it's own dedicated David Moyes Out Official thread ?
Far be it from me to set an agenda BD :D

Marco Boogers Boots

Post by Marco Boogers Boots »

h69 wrote:
Marco Boogers Boots wrote: Not all jokes are to everyone's taste, but no subject is off limits for comedy.
I dont agree....On a forum about football some things should be off limits.....that being one of them.
We'll agree to disagree. The type of people referred to do exist, nothing more than a reference to that fact was made. If something nasty was said about them directly maybe there would be an issue. These two seem to knock chunks off each other. One just seems to try and claim the moral high ground; and for my money his twisting of the phrasing used led to an assertion that another poster "abuses kids" - that is considerably worse than referencing disabled children in general. It is in my book at least.