England vs Colombia

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: England vs Colombia

Post by hd1 »

How has he got the front to say that about our players?

Southgate sums it up nicely

And he hit back at accusations that his players played with less honour than England teams of years gone by.

"Maybe we are getting a bit smarter," Southgate said.

"Maybe we are now playing some of our game by the rules the rest of the world are playing.

"I think we also kept our dignity, kept our sportsmanship and if we went down it's because we were fouled.

"I thought there were many, many fouls in the game and I don't think we conceded anywhere near the number of our opponents.

"I'm proud of the discipline. We kept our composure in a really difficult environment and we deserved to win."

Ron Manager

Post by Ron Manager »

h69 wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:That ref lost control of that Colombian Team.

If that was refereed properly,they would have been lucky to have 7 players left on the pitch.Their antics was an absolute disgrace to the competition.

The player digging his heel into the penalty spot.VAR should have seen this and it should have been a straight red.They also crowded the ref for 3 minutes..He should have started handing out yellows then after a minute of their protesting.Then there was the Henderson headbutt.

We deserved the win against them cheating c*nts,but we do need to step it up a bit against Sweden.They are no mugs,but if you had to choose a Quarter Final opponent(no disrespect Thom),it would be them.They would probably say the same thing tbh.
Can you actually believe they have the nerve ..... http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... cup-defeat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What a cunt.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

hd1 wrote:How has he got the front to say that about our players?

Southgate sums it up nicely

And he hit back at accusations that his players played with less honour than England teams of years gone by.

"Maybe we are getting a bit smarter," Southgate said.

"Maybe we are now playing some of our game by the rules the rest of the world are playing.

"I think we also kept our dignity, kept our sportsmanship and if we went down it's because we were fouled.

"I thought there were many, many fouls in the game and I don't think we conceded anywhere near the number of our opponents.

"I'm proud of the discipline. We kept our composure in a really difficult environment and we deserved to win."
Great response.
Woy would've started quoting Geoffrey Chaucer or some other inane, irrelevant bollocks to mask his tactical fuckwitedness with smart-sounding sound bites .
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

We're going to need creativity and guile against Sweden, pace down the flanks and men in the middle attacking the ball. If we don't and rely once again only on set plays we'll get beat. Sweden will nick a goal from somewhere and then it'll be us against a fucking great big Volvo bus and we just don't have the players to get around it.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Am I the only one to be totally underwhelmed by England at this World Cup?

I think we have been average at best and somehow we are in quarter finals by only scoring 1 goal from open play. That must be another record?

I can’t think of one clear chance we created in 90mins yesterday and if Cuadraro had his shooting boots on we would have been out.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

terrya1965 wrote:That ref lost control of that Colombian Team.

If that was refereed properly,they would have been lucky to have 7 players left on the pitch.Their antics was an absolute disgrace to the competition.

The player digging his heel into the penalty spot.VAR should have seen this and it should have been a straight red.They also crowded the ref for 3 minutes..He should have started handing out yellows then after a minute of their protesting.Then there was the Henderson headbutt.

We deserved the win against them cheating c*nts,but we do need to step it up a bit against Sweden.They are no mugs,but if you had to choose a Quarter Final opponent(no disrespect Thom),it would be them.They would probably say the same thing tbh.

Spot on. Turned into a battle between the forces of good vs the forces of evil. I'd have taken jack in that squad to add something different too.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

I am middle of the road.

Never expected us to do anything and a QF is an achievement for this group of players.

Those who want creativity - it doesn't exist in the squad so it aint gonna happen.

This is the missing piece of the jigsaw someone instead of Alli in midfield who can do something special with a pass or beat a man. Unfortunately there is also no one about who is knocking on that particular door either unless you count Wilshere

I simply don't understand why Rose isn't in the side and why he bought Vardy and not Rashford on last night unless it was all a tactical plan for penalties and keeping the penalty takers on the pitch (Kane was injured but they kept him on).

Ron Manager

Post by Ron Manager »

Towie wrote:Am I the only one to be totally underwhelmed by England at this World Cup?

I think we have been average at best and somehow we are in quarter finals by only scoring 1 goal from open play. That must be another record?

I can’t think of one clear chance we created in 90mins yesterday and if Cuadraro had his shooting boots on we would have been out.
Two from open play. You forgot the one that went in off Brucie's heel. :lol:

But you're right. The country's gone mad. I just hope we draw some mental strength from actually winning a penalty shoot-out and grow into the tournament which has happened with other teams in the past.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

I'm not looking for enemies! What i'm talking about is the kind of comment dome scottish cunt made that England will beat Sweden 99 times out of 100 etc. And the typical "the cup is coming home" as soon as you were clear for the last 16...

I'm well aware we're the worst team left in the competition, but we're also the olny team overperforming while many teams have underpermormed, alongside maybe Russia who might have been a better matchup than England.. but they have the benefit of being the host nation and will worl their asses off apart from that lazy cunt Smolov.

The rest of the teams left should be better than both us and England, so it's understandable that the media looks at the tree and starts dreaming.

Whichever one of us wins are bound to have a difficult task in the semis, though Croatia did look shaky against Denmark and again, you'll never knlw with Russia.

It's the talk about how you are gonna play Brazil in the final that gets on my nerves! But i'm sure the common england fan is more humble than part os your media outlet.

We are worse on you in terms of quality, but I don't think you'll match us in spirit and work ethic, which is why out national team has gotten so popular here in Sweden. Noone expected this and were happy with just qualifying.

As for swedish fans.. I'm sure there are many cunts especially those from the capital. My town has fucking 7000 inhabitants and is located on a fucking mire so I don't know how other swedes behave!

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

only1salty wrote:I am middle of the road.

Never expected us to do anything and a QF is an achievement for this group of players.

Those who want creativity - it doesn't exist in the squad so it aint gonna happen.

This is the missing piece of the jigsaw someone instead of Alli in midfield who can do something special with a pass or beat a man. Unfortunately there is also no one about who is knocking on that particular door either unless you count Wilshere

I simply don't understand why Rose isn't in the side and why he bought Vardy and not Rashford on last night unless it was all a tactical plan for penalties and keeping the penalty takers on the pitch (Kane was injured but they kept him on).
Shelvey should have gone. I said last night that he would have taken that game by the scruff of the neck and added a dimension in midfield that we're sorely lacking.

Rose has to start v Sweden, I'd like to see us bin the rambling and ineffective Sterling and start Welbeck as an orthodox striker alongside Kane v the Swedes. Welbeck is marmite but he does score goals for England.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?