England vs Colombia

Chat about anything football related here!
jameskel

Re: England vs Colombia

Post by jameskel »

who fucking cares how they play, as long as we win.

Thomas, fuck off
Covid in the Boardroom

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

BillyDWhizz wrote:We're going to need creativity and guile against Sweden, pace down the flanks and men in the middle attacking the ball. If we don't and rely once again only on set plays we'll get beat. Sweden will nick a goal from somewhere and then it'll be us against a fucking great big Volvo bus and we just don't have the players to get around it.
We made a mistake leaving Shelvey behind. However I fancy Rashford or Welbeck to earn their keep.

h69

Post by h69 »

thomasswe wrote:I'm not looking for enemies! What i'm talking about is the kind of comment dome scottish cunt made that England will beat Sweden 99 times out of 100 etc. And the typical "the cup is coming home" as soon as you were clear for the last 16...

I'm well aware we're the worst team left in the competition, but we're also the olny team overperforming while many teams have underpermormed, alongside maybe Russia who might have been a better matchup than England.. but they have the benefit of being the host nation and will worl their asses off apart from that lazy cunt Smolov.

The rest of the teams left should be better than both us and England, so it's understandable that the media looks at the tree and starts dreaming.

Whichever one of us wins are bound to have a difficult task in the semis, though Croatia did look shaky against Denmark and again, you'll never knlw with Russia.

It's the talk about how you are gonna play Brazil in the final that gets on my nerves! But i'm sure the common england fan is more humble than part os your media outlet.

We are worse on you in terms of quality, but I don't think you'll match us in spirit and work ethic, which is why out national team has gotten so popular here in Sweden. Noone expected this and were happy with just qualifying.

As for swedish fans.. I'm sure there are many cunts especially those from the capital. My town has fucking 7000 inhabitants and is located on a fucking mire so I don't know how other swedes behave!
A Scot commentating on England.....I'd take that with the proverbial. its like me listening to a Dane talking about your boys.

We dream....we are not arrogant but we dream. Its what the world cup is all about. I'd expect Sweden to be doing the same to be fair....3 games from glory...when else can you dream ?

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles »

Sweden will be thinking exactly what we will be thinking we can win this and get into the semi finals
it really is a 50/50 game

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote:Am I the only one to be totally underwhelmed by England at this World Cup?

I think we have been average at best and somehow we are in quarter finals by only scoring 1 goal from open play. That must be another record?

I can’t think of one clear chance we created in 90mins yesterday and if Cuadraro had his shooting boots on we would have been out.
Not underwhelmed but I see your point. The media are doing my bloody head in tbh. And I guess as usual when/if we go out there will be the usual gnashing of teeth and banging of heads on the wall.

And finding someone to blame, because it's alweays someone else's fault of course.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

The media are basing their remarks on freshair and more freshair as far as im concerned. We have played four games , one of which we lost, one which we deservedly scrapped through, and the other two were hardly hurdles.

Having said that, i think our performances bar 1 havent been so bad but. Like most WC , or everything in life, if you aint in it you cant win it. And i really wouldnt go as far as to say there are clear favourites, well no team that cant be beaten on the day. As for work ethic, i think it has been good.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Ron Manager

Post by Ron Manager »

Whiskyman wrote:
Towie wrote:Am I the only one to be totally underwhelmed by England at this World Cup?

I think we have been average at best and somehow we are in quarter finals by only scoring 1 goal from open play. That must be another record?

I can’t think of one clear chance we created in 90mins yesterday and if Cuadraro had his shooting boots on we would have been out.
Not underwhelmed but I see your point. The media are doing my bloody head in tbh. And I guess as usual when/if we go out there will be the usual gnashing of teeth and banging of heads on the wall.

And finding someone to blame, because it's alweays someone else's fault of course.
I've watched far more of the games than I anticipated. I even watched Colombia against Senegal in their last group game, winning with a headed goal from a corner by Yeri Mina. I thought they were bang average and there for the taking. But we let slip an equaliser from a headed goal from a corner by Yeri Mina.

On that performance we won't make the final even if we beat Sweden. Southgate got his substitutions wrong and probably the srarting X1 too. And yes, the media are massively overdoing it.

But I actually don't care. I'm enjoying it. Friends of mine who are only vaguely interested in football are even sending me amusing 'It's coming home' videos on Whatsapp.

If we'd lost last night I suppose it would have been the fault of a weak American ref and maybe it would have been largely down to him, the twat. But if and when we do bow out, which I think we eventually will, I hope it's fair and a square. To lose to those fucking animals last night would have been hard to take.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Having watched the England/Colombia game twice now, was a little surprised at the Ref.... Surprised there were no Red cards.... Those Colombians were pushing the ref around quite a few times and harassing him too. Though the Colombian's attitude was very poor yesterday, England had a tuff match and did well to survive. Sweden will not play like Colombia IMO, so it should be a good fair playing game on Saturday.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Well I don't think we've played to our potential yet except for a few brief glimpses, but definitely not underwhelmed. These kids have got a really good mental attitude and are clearly playing for each other.

As for chances last night, Kanes header, Ali's header, Dyers header, Rose's shot....

Noni

Post by Noni »

hd1 wrote:

Well I don't think we've played to our potential yet except for a few brief glimpses, but definitely not underwhelmed. These kids have got a really good mental attitude and are clearly playing for each other.

As for chances last night, Kanes header, Ali's header, Dyers header, Rose's shot....
Did'nt think Trippier played all that well yesterday. Hopefully play better on Saturday.