France v Belgium

Chat about anything football related here!
Broga81

Re: France v Belgium

Post by Broga81 »

h69 wrote:
thomasswe wrote:poor tactics from Martinez actually, went about it the same qay as against Brazil where the tactics worked.

How Mertens didn't start is beyond me, and there were several other quastionable selections aswell
Yeah....classic Martinez side. Mertens is their player of the year yet was on the bench and they suffer from having some good players mixed in with some rubbish ones (Chadli springs to mind). A bit like Wales.

and once again, Lukaku and Hazard went missing when it really mattered.

Hazard wasn't that bad, but he just tried to do to much on his own. The first half he was dominant, but i agree when France scored a lot of them disappeared.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Chadli !

They could have put a Subbuteo player in that position.. A wing back, receiving the ball in loads of space, he invariably passed it backwards to a centre back without moving at all for the return,and failed miserably when he did try to advance with the ball and his corners were awful. How did he stay there for 90 mins when Mertens was available?

Hate you Martinez.... (As I tear up my betting slip)

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Belgium 6/7 outstanding players 3/4 average ones,including a couple weak links,
started off well but started to have a lack of ideas...but was against the French,who are the best
side out there,so well Organised.....Pogba was great,sacrificed any glory,to play a defensive
role,shutting out Fellanis aerial threat...etc...

Disappointing game TBH....but the French will be hard to beat if we get thru.....

Not sure what to do, backed em to win it....never thought we might be playing them in the final..
Win Win I spose....

Ron Manager

Post by Ron Manager »

Of course I want us to win the world Cup, but if the football gods gave you the choice....that or West Ham winning the PL ?

No contest.

If Brucie beams with pride holding aloft the trophy on Sunday night I'll be cheering with the rest. But in a month's time, him, Trippier, Rose, Dier and Alli will again be bacon-dodgers and Lingard and Young scummy Mancs.

But for now, Come On England.