Gonzo's matchday video

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Gonzo's matchday video

Post by Gonzo »

Not good, not good at all.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Broga81

Re: Gonzo's matchday video

Post by Broga81 »

Hello everyone, new poster here.

Got to say it was a bad day for our club on and off the pitch yesterday.
Although I've got to say it's not the end of the world like some people think, remember when Bournemouth beat us 4-3 last season early on. Still plenty of time to get it right on the pitch.
Off the pitch however it seems there is a lot of work still to be done. I have yet to get to the stadium and at the moment don't think I will be in any rush if this behavior of some of our "so called" fans and lack of security continues.
As fans we have the right to moan and show passion both in glory and defeat but turning on each other is moronic.
One thing is for sure the old saying of "we win together, we lose together" has never been more true.
Take it on the chin and lets get back on the bus for next week.

Come on you Irons!!!!!!!!

Broga
The hotter the furnace the stronger the iron.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

No it wasn't very good at all was it ?

Not easy to put a positive spin on much of it either so you fellas did well on the vlog all things considered .

Much to ponder and I'm glad I wasn't there tbh .

The club as a whole needs to take a long hard look at what went on there .

And not just in the crowd either ....

A sad day .

Hope you got even more pissed but above all stayed out of trouble .
Bring back Jonathon !

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Broga81 wrote:Hello everyone, new poster here.

Got to say it was a bad day for our club on and off the pitch yesterday.
Although I've got to say it's not the end of the world like some people think, remember when Bournemouth beat us 4-3 last season early on. Still plenty of time to get it right on the pitch.
Off the pitch however it seems there is a lot of work still to be done. I have yet to get to the stadium and at the moment don't think I will be in any rush if this behavior of some of our "so called" fans and lack of security continues.
As fans we have the right to moan and show passion both in glory and defeat but turning on each other is moronic.
One thing is for sure the old saying of "we win together, we lose together" has never been more true.
Take it on the chin and lets get back on the bus for next week.

Come on you Irons!!!!!!!!

Broga
The hotter the furnace the stronger the iron.
Welcome to the forum mate and a good first post

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Newmarket wrote:No it wasn't very good at all was it ?

Not easy to put a positive spin on much of it either so you fellas did well on the vlog all things considered .

Much to ponder and I'm glad I wasn't there tbh .

The club as a whole needs to take a long hard look at what went on there .

And not just in the crowd either ....

A sad day .

Hope you got even more pissed but above all stayed out of trouble .

I did both cheers mate.

We're the lucky ones because we have the boats to go back to which the kids love so it's easy to stay out of trouble. There are tons of people with children who are getting caught up amongst grown men throwing punches

Olas1

Post by Olas1 »

What a shambles! The euphoria of moving to the new ground is over for me! So sad that our own fans are fighting amongst themselves and I didn't take my son to this game because of what he had seen at previous games such as Bournemouth! Grown men throwing punches at each other in front of young children, you couldn't make it up!!!!
I was not far from the Watford fans in the upper tier and with no police presence it was inevitable that there would be trouble. Badly organised and a total lack of organisation from the stewards.
On the pitch I was very optimistic prior to this game that we would win, given a near full strength team. Sadly we were beaten by a team that were more up for it than us.
Still too early in the season to get too worried, and I agree with Gonzo that maybe our away form will carry us through. What worries me, is a comment Trevor Sinclair made during pre-season that every team we play at home will treat it like a cup final. The stadium doesn't feel like home to me yet, and a lot of work needs to be done to convince me. That's the first time I have ever left a game after 80mins!

SLM

Post by SLM »

Sadly as usual you have a very small minority causing problems for the vast majority of others. Let's face it there are only a couple of hundred of stand up neanderthal morons that are causing the problems. Granted stewarding is poor and will need to improve dramatically, as will segregation but to me the answer is revoke the season tickets of those that refuse to sit and let some of the 50,000 on the waiting list in. Mind you after the last 3 games there that I've had the misfortune to attend I'm not sure how long my enthusiasm will go on for.

bigfacemike

Post by bigfacemike »

First up, EXCELLENT blog Gonzo. For me, that's what blogging is all about. You can see the game on MOTD, the blog is all about YOUR match day experience. And as I am directly behind you lots of rows up (67, to be exact), it was my match day experience as well.
I've posted about the actual football on the Talk a Good Game thread, so I'm going to talk about the crowd / stadium here.

1. I really like the actual stadium. But there are major issues with the stewarding. The stuff you are filming behind you I could see clearly. It was just in front of me. It started when the stewards targeting some fans for standing and singing bubbles at the start of the second half, and grew from there. What's shocking is that they picked on a handful of fans for doing this when everyone stands to sing bubbles. I did. Oh, wait a minute, I'm very big. Hmmm. Looks like easy targets are being sought out here. DG has been talking about "extended" standing. Surely not singing bubbles? Do the stewards know this is going to happen? There were kids crying, days and experiences destroyed. The LS could be great, but first they need to sort this out.

2. Watford do not have a nasty fan base. I live in leafy Berkhamsted in Hertfordshire, just up the road from Watford. I know half the people in the away end. Gonzo, the guy I was with at half time that you were talking to, his Dad was in the away end as he supports Watford. If we were winning away 4-2 away having been 2-0 down, we would be singing and celebrating in the same way. That is no excuse for fighting. But there is NO segregation, so it's going to happen.

3. I was going to take my little girl (aged 5) to the Southampton game. She went to the Bournmouth and loved it. I'm not now. Southampton's fans were proper toe-rags last season at Upton Park, if the same stewarding applies it will get very nasty, and they are close to where we sit. She'll be gutted, but I can't risk it.

The club, the stadium and WE have to do something about this NOW

westsideboy

Post by westsideboy »

Well nearly 24 hours after the game and I still haven't calmed down. What I witnessed yesterday in front of me and behind has left me feeling shocked and disappointed .
This is a big season for us and if we don't sort this out , on the pitch and in the "stand" I believe we are in serious trouble.
Firstly, what is going on the pitch especially the defence is something that has been going on since the turn of the year, on average conceding 2 goals per game shows how fragile we are in that area.
We have messed around with the RB slot for sometime and that should have been addressed pre season, as well as another centre back.
Adrian looks too iffy for me and I believe Randolph should come in for the time being, come on Slav sort this out before we get dragged down.

Secondly the mess regarding the crowd, just don't know where to start with this, we have all seen this coming since the doomed Europa venture and so far the club have only made things worse.
On the 3rd December we play Arsenal at home and that looks like it could be a massive problem, we all received one of those letters last week threating a "life " ban for the heinous crime of standing at a football match, a life ban how bloody ridiculous is that , talk about disproportionate.

Not sure what the stewards brief was but they made a right pigs of ear of it yesterday, picking people out for standing singing bubbles and ignoring the whole section of Watford standing.

This could be the boards "Bond Scheme" if they are not careful, they are alienating the fan, the man on the street, the working class fan. Don't get me wrong standing up in front of elderly and kids is not right but these things should have been thought out first.
The stadium is a mish mash of supporters and the club needs to try and rectify this properly not send out letters and threaten with a big stick of life bans.

I am sure every other football club and most media outlets are loving all this, all those against us getting the OS must be rubbing there hands with glee. I can see Barry Hearn's smile from here.

I have not seen this much tension since the doomed BOND SCHEME and that left a very sour taste in the mouths of true supporters , I am begging you Mr Sullivan don't let this fester and please don't bite the hand that originally fed what is the great West Ham United.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

We didn't stand for the bond scheme shite, so be fucked if we stand for this bollocks as well. This honeymoon period is over, they've had plenty of time to sort these things out but have done nothing. If they think it's bad now, wait and see what'll happen when the bigger sides plot up.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.