West Ham vs Fulham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: West Ham vs Fulham Official Match Thread

Post by Newmarket »

IronsForever wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:03 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:57 pm Do we not lose at home on Friday nights ?
Says the man who don't believe in curses:)
Really ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Will the childish stroppy one start, or do we see the on point striker

That will make a big impact to this game
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Ironworksfc wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:36 pm Will the childish stroppy one start, or do we see the on point striker

I wouldn't start him.....if we have Nasri or even Lanzini along with Anderson putting those deft passes into the area Hernandez will score....and let Arnie stew

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:51 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:36 pm Will the childish stroppy one start, or do we see the on point striker

I wouldn't start him.....if we have Nasri or even Lanzini along with Anderson putting those deft passes into the area Hernandez will score....and let Arnie stew
Arnie stew!!
Had a plumber on site who i brought in a leek soup for . Everything he touched leaked!! Now i put my swimming goggles on when he does anything.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

IronsForever wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:15 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:51 pm

Arnie stew!!
Had a plumber on site who i brought in a leek soup for . Everything he touched leaked!! Now i put my swimming goggles on when he does anything.
See what happens when you don't call in Gonzo........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

hd1

Post by hd1 »

I can't see Pelle not starting Arnie. He offers the team so much more than Hernandez especially in defending from the front and chasing down the ball. We need to put their back 4/5 and midfield under pressure from the start, that's where their mistakes have come from and where our goals will come from.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

hd1 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:58 am

I can't see Pelle not starting Arnie. He offers the team so much more than Hernandez especially in defending from the front and chasing down the ball. We need to put their back 4/5 and midfield under pressure from the start, that's where their mistakes have come from and where our goals will come from.
I agree. Chico has looked shaper lately but if i were a defender i would rather be marking him than Arnie.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:36 pm
IronsForever wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:15 pm

Arnie stew!!
See what happens when you don't call in Gonzo........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
The guy is incredible. He can't even sign off his own work. How funny is that!!

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

I just hope we play five in midfield, though previously I always called for 442, from what I have seen we cannot get into the game when we play 4 in midfield even against lesser sides. We beat Fulham away with 442 but we were a little fortunate and scored two quick goals but they controlled the game and it could have gone the other way. If we play 5 in midfield with Antonio on the right, Anderson on the left with Noble and Snodgrass anchored by England international Sir Declan Rice in the centre we will control the game and create chances, not to mention we may have the option to get Lanzini or Nasri on to add some finesse if they are fit enough. Noble and Snodgrass lack the technical ability but they should have enough to do the job against Fulham at home. Arnautovic up front for me, people may dislike him for his bad attitude but he is the best player available in the position so for me should play. Hernandez has not done enough for me and should be on the bench, he's a good finisher but I think we need a bit more.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

IronsForever wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:11 am
hd1 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:58 am

I agree. Chico has looked shaper lately but if i were a defender i would rather be marking him than Arnie.
Depends what version of Arnie walks out onto the pitch though.....
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"