Manuel talking about how is he transforming us.

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: Manuel talking about how is he transforming us.

Post by andyginbrasil »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:03 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:33 pm

You're probably right on the trust thing. Given that he's actually won things.
It will be interesting come the transfer windows just what he'll be given in the way of funds, I suspect the £25 mil isn't far off the mark, given their track record.
They've probably got a book with clauses the size of war and peace that pelligrini's had to sign, in order to keep shtum should it all go tits up.
Well.... if the KUMB report is anywhere near the mark and it IS MP pushing for the Dseko deal then this suggests that MP has already accepted that he’ll be scraping, begging, stealing and borrowing under this lot.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

And after he's transformed us, he's going to walk across the Atlantic bare arsed, playing tunes on a flute.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:06 am
ToneLoc wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:03 pm
Well.... if the KUMB report is anywhere near the mark and it IS MP pushing for the Dseko deal then this suggests that MP has already accepted that he’ll be scraping, begging, stealing and borrowing under this lot.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was thinking that as I was typing it :)
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

He is not the Messiah, he is just an old football manager with a big team mentality, or so he tells us every match.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dagenhamdave wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:31 am He is not the Messiah, he is just an old football manager with a big team mentality, or so he tells us every match.
And imo the best manager by the proverbial country mile, in terms of past achievements, we are ever likely to see at West Ham.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:33 am
dagenhamdave wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:31 am He is not the Messiah, he is just an old football manager with a big team mentality, or so he tells us every match.
And imo the best manager by the proverbial country mile, in terms of past achievements, we are ever likely to see at West Ham.
Probably true, but I think I could be a good Manager if I spent the money he has in the past.
We will see next season how good he is, under the constraints of the Dildo Duo.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dagenhamdave wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:33 am

Probably true, but I think I could be a good Manager if I spent the money he has in the past.
We will see next season how good he is, under the constraints of the Dildo Duo.
He spent next to nothing at Villarreal and took them to second place in Spain and the semi final of the Champions League. Nor did he spend a fortune on players at Malaga. He was fortunate to have Isco there as a kid but a bit like our policy he bought in players like Roque Santa Cruz, Martin Demichelis and Julio Baptista for relatively small fees.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

He did well at Villareal. Malaga at that time had a very, very good team. He was a little unlucky at Real Madrid, I think the defeat in the Copa Del Rey and exiting the Champions League to Lyon cost him. Despite his previous record I have found some of his choices questionable. We lose the games in central midfield week in and week out, can't understand why he doesn't go with three central midfielders, he does seem to want to play two up front which is admirable but obviously foolish. He gets the benefit of the doubt from me and I will reserve judgement until the end of next season but I have been disappointed with this season and expected better. Much has been said about how there won't be much investment in the squad over the summer which is poor but I think Manuel should be getting better performances from the players he has. We have put in some very, very poor performances against the likes of Huddersfield, Burnley, Cardiff and Brighton this season. I don't necessarily expect us to put these teams to the sword but I expect better performances. That central midfield must be sorted, cause any striker we buy will struggle as things are.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:51 am He really does like this “big club mentality” approach doesn’t he.
I’m still not sure where he’s going with this tbh.
Can you get average players to think and be like “big club” players just through mentality?
Are the owners investing like a “big club”?
The only “big club mentality” evidence I’ve witnessed of late are the negative symptoms of over confidence and arrogance that’s grossly disproportionate to the corresponding ability.

That said though..... I still think season 2 will be the big season to judge Pellegrini. He (should) knows his squad inside out now, he will have a whole summer to attend to business and prepare.
More of this next season and I think it’ll be generally judged as a disappointing failure.
The fans expect and are right to expect.

I agree, it's pointless changing manager again.

2 seasons is 4 transfer windows and ample time to either replace who he doesn't fancy with transfers, loans or promoting youth. If by that point we're not seeing a clear and cohesive style of play and better results then questions will have to be asked.

Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner »

Of course Pellegrini has to be held to account to some degree.
However, it is the huge disparity between performances that remains inexplicable.
We know Pell can pick a winning team. Yes we've had injuries. But, we still manage to field a team that can compete with the best and even beat them on the day, only to play the following week with the same team and look like they are total strangers out there.??? Yes we can expect the odd game where we have a bad day at the office, BUT ...not being able to put two passes together, or defend set pieces, let in cheap early goals, and our defense looking completely at sea, what is that about???

I don't know that's for sure, and neither does Pell.