Phil Jones

Chat about anything football related here!
whu

Re: Phil Jones

Post by whu »

Massive swerve …. they'll give him another short contract is my guess anyway.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Another with a huge niggling injury history , so it's another big NO from me .

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

Not for me, we have too many injury prone players. I think if he is here next season he will spend a lot of time out through injury and he is very well paid. Infact I would have a drive to get the injury prone players out, even if a player is good when fit is no use to us if they spend months out injured. Hopefully we can sign a few gems. For me Fabianski and Balbuena have been decent, I'm still not convinced that Anderson is worth the money, good on his day but i'd like a player who plays consistently well week in week out.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Mancunian Hammer wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:09 pm Not for me, we have too many injury prone players. I think if he is here next season he will spend a lot of time out through injury and he is very well paid. Infact I would have a drive to get the injury prone players out, even if a player is good when fit is no use to us if they spend months out injured. Hopefully we can sign a few gems. For me Fabianski and Balbuena have been decent, I'm still not convinced that Anderson is worth the money, good on his day but i'd like a player who plays consistently well week in week out.
I think I'd add Diop to your decent list tbh. Anderson imo has overall been decent. £40 million is a lot, particularly for us, but that's today's market. Chelsea paid that for Drinkwater FFS and now they can't get rid of him because he chose not to move in August, presumably not because he felt he could replace Kante, Jorginho or Barkley but because of his salary.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

I think Diops performances have deteriorated the past couple of months but I think he is decent and has the potential to be a top player, Mourinho described him as a monster earlier in the season after the game against Man U but for me he has to replicate his early season form which I think he can, he's young for a centre back.

Anderson I'm really not sure, he had a great game against Man U, so hopefully he can again tomorrow. For me there is no doubt he can be great but we can't throw £40million around with the same reckless abandon as Chelsea, if we spend £40million on a player he needs to do the business week in week out not be in the reserves.

Most of us are looking to next season now and feel that this season has been a disappointment after higher expectations, maybe it has been a slight improvement on the previous season but only slight and we hoped for more. Hopefully we will be linked with some players we are excited about soon.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Mancunian Hammer wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:46 pm I think Diops performances have deteriorated the past couple of months but I think he is decent and has the potential to be a top player, Mourinho described him as a monster earlier in the season after the game against Man U but for me he has to replicate his early season form which I think he can, he's young for a centre back.

Anderson I'm really not sure, he had a great game against Man U, so hopefully he can again tomorrow. For me there is no doubt he can be great but we can't throw £40million around with the same reckless abandon as Chelsea, if we spend £40million on a player he needs to do the business week in week out not be in the reserves.

Most of us are looking to next season now and feel that this season has been a disappointment after higher expectations, maybe it has been a slight improvement on the previous season but only slight and we hoped for more. Hopefully we will be linked with some players we are excited about soon.
It's very hard mate to get enthusiastic about anything with those cunts in charge.
No doubt we'll be linked with everyone, but as usual the old chestnut of "oh well we tried" will rear it's ugly head.
We'll probably end up with a couple of journeymen at best. And those two I'll be chuffed to bits with that.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

He’s fucking shit

I have no idea how him and Smalling are still playing at that club