WHUISA

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: WHUISA

Post by ToneLoc »

BM Jon wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:49 am WHUISA now have a dedicated phone number for easier general contact and any MDS issues. Let us know what works and what doesn’t around your match day experience.

Send us a text or leave a voicemail message on 07597 236772.

#WHUISAMDS :)
Cheers John
Here’s one :)
What’s the deal with the licensing for the bars just outside the stadium for week night games?
I know things are better now on Saturdays and Sundays as the bars stay open and so allow for a more natural/gradual dispersal of the fans.
But Wednesday’s game was a complete joke with everything closed and so it was back to the dystopian mass exodus with lots of angry frustrated people (although the stewards from what I’ve seen do seem to have their shit together better now).

But it is an altogether totally unpleasant post-match experience for evening games.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:35 am
BM Jon wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:49 am WHUISA now have a dedicated phone number for easier general contact and any MDS issues. Let us know what works and what doesn’t around your match day experience.

Cheers John
What’s the deal with the licensing for the bars just outside the stadium for week night games?
I know things are better now on Saturdays and Sundays as the bars stay open and so allow for a more natural/gradual dispersal of the fans.
But Wednesday’s game was a complete joke with everything closed and so it was back to the dystopian mass exodus with lots of angry frustrated people (although the stewards from what I’ve seen do seem to have their shit together better now).

But it is an altogether totally unpleasant post-match experience for evening games.
Will check it out Tone and let you know.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

BM Jon wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:28 pm
Cheers John

Cheers mate.
It would be interesting to have clarification as to whether they close early out of choice or through regulation? And if so, who stipulates those regulations? Why? And is it negotiable for the sake of good business and common sense?
Yeah....."United"

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:03 pm
BM Jon wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:28 pm

Cheers mate.
It would be interesting to have clarification as to whether they close early out of choice or through regulation? And if so, who stipulates those regulations? Why? And is it negotiable for the sake of good business and common sense?
There's just no sense to it at all Tone. We've had masses of complaints after Saturday to take up with the club/LS185/E20

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Cheers John

They keep one or two bars open, am pretty certain one is the north bar

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

redhammer wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:03 pm
Cheers John

They keep one or two bars open, am pretty certain one is the north bar
That’s not enough though is it.
The amount of bars open seem to differ from game to game. Whether that’s regulatory or purely down to whether those running them can be arsed to turn up or not?
Some games on a Saturday 3pm have been very good and there’s been lots of options.

But it should be a given that there’s some places around the stadium for people to have a quick beer and a bite after all games.
If nothing else but to allow a staggered dispersal of people which of course increases the general safety and eases the work for the stewards.
Yeah....."United"

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

The Romford Recorder today ran the story over WHUISA's comments about the high cost of mascot packages of £700 offered by the club.

For anyone using Twitter we would welcome your vote on the poll we are currently running regarding the high cost of mascot packages being sold by the club for 'Category A games'. The poll runs until tomorrow, your participation is appreciated, thanks in advance.

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

WHUISA are currently organising an open forum event to be held in the next few weeks entitled 'What is the Culture and Identity of West Ham United'. It'll consist of a Q&A forum and debate, with the support of the FSF, and a panel including at least one past player, plus respected West Ham bloggers and journalists. We've been planning this for the last few weeks.

As soon as we have a venue and date confirmed we will publish more details.

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

It’s the WHUISA AGM at the White Post Hackney Wick at 1100hrs. All members welcome as usual. It’ll be my last event as chair, so thanks to my friends here who have supported me this season.

We’ll also have some Hammers memorabilia to raffle.

See you on the boats next season 👍

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

Hope it went well Jon and I will see you next season!