Bournemouth vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
dagenhamdave

Re: Bournemouth vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by dagenhamdave »

A good point away from home especially after that midweek shit, I was expecting worse. COYI

palerider

Post by palerider »

From the half-hour highlights....

Yarmalenko was outstanding.
Callum Wilson is a cunt...as is Eddie Howe.
Bournemouth dive more than Zaha.
We were poor at the back.
Fab's injury looked similar to Allison's. And he's already been out for 7 weeks.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:47 am From the half-hour highlights....

Yarmalenko was outstanding.
Callum Wilson is a cunt...as is Eddie Howe.
Bournemouth dive more than Zaha.
We were poor at the back.
Fab's injury looked similar to Allison's. And he's already been out for 7 weeks.
I agree with you completely re Howe and Bournemouth. I suspect "simulation" forms part of their training schedule. First noticed it, along with their imaginary card waving antics in our game there 2 or 3 years back. Don't like their fans either. I hope to see Howe one day get what the media seem to want for him. A job with a so called big club. Then I'll enjoy watching the sanctimonious little cunt fall flat on his face.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Funny we're 3-3-1, 3rd in the league and in some ways I'm still a little disappointed,it's just
that I'm expecting so much more from the squad we have,all our games Norwich apart could
have gone either way,we're just not convincing at moment,,,chuffed to see us up there,but more
work needed IMO..
It's that CMF spot Lanza,Jack,Fornals fills is some of the prob,yesterday Fornals was so far forward
at times..we have no one running at Bournemouth from MF...it's not Nobes or Rice's game,that
3rd CMFers job is to link play,by at times running at the defence playing thru balls, little give and goes.
we've no one creating in MF it's all about getting the ball wide...
It would bring Haller into it more,someone running toward him from MF,instead of just holding up
long balls....AC Style... :lol: ...poor guy is class but just so isolated at times.

Lanzas perfect in that role,we miss him when doesn't play...Jack is as good but,not enough game
time,he's just not sharp at the moment,and can't see anyway you play them both,unless,jack plays
in Nobes role and Nobes is first name on sheet for me.

Full backs are way to deep as well,pointless having Rice sitting if they don't get up more,lets Anderson
and Yarmo pull inside more get closer to Haller as well.

Frustrating cos when it all comes together,which does at time,we look a seriously good side,but
it's in snatches...
Oh and we need to press really high at times,rattles the defence,just little ten minute spells,
now and again..
Good thing is we're sitting 3rd and we're not firing properly yet... :D

Kalnor

Post by Kalnor »

Unfortunately didn’t see much of the game but I’m happy with the point away. I like how Yarmolenko has his sight set on goal as soon as he receives the ball around the box.Still not sure what to make of Fornals but i prefer him when he plays central AM. Just can’t see him ousting Lanzini anytime soon. Without Antonio pushing for a spot, the team is starting to pick itself. Balbuena, Wilshere and Fornals need to start upping their game when they come on if they want to break into the starting 11. Antonio changed the way we played when he came on and offered a plan B. I don’t presently see that from the 3 I just mentioned. But still time.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Good summary MK,

Anderson seems a better player when inside.and yesterday he was getting central when the attack was on the opp.flank,which he hadn't been doing previously. (He's been reading my posts!)

My main gripe is heading out from defense. I know that sometimes it's enough just to get your head on the ball but when there is a relatively free header it rarely is effectively.We too frequently give possession away.Diop is the worst offender here.

Is it not customary to always have an attacker in a set position that the defenders can aim at?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Mikeveep wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:21 am Good summary MK,

Anderson seems a better player when inside.and yesterday he was getting central when the attack was on the opp.flank,which he hadn't been doing previously. (He's been reading my posts!)

My main gripe is heading out from defense. I know that sometimes it's enough just to get your head on the ball but when there is a relatively free header it rarely is effectively.We too frequently give possession away.Diop is the worst offender here.

Is it not customary to always have an attacker in a set position that the defenders can aim at?
Yep it’s called Cuntosaurus hoof ball bypassing the midfield :D
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

All in all not a bad result in what was a decent game.
Wishing Fabianski a speedy recovery.

Onwards and upwards whufc_crest

Rumford

Post by Rumford »

Enjoyed the game and thought some of our football was sublime at times.

Bournemouth are the sort of team we struggle against...remind me very much of the Watford of the 80s. Do a lot of work down the channels knowing where players would be without the need to look.

Happy with the point....not happy with our new keeper or the VAR which kills actually watching the game live.

Nice to see the away side full of the right suspects and none of the rich cherry pickers or "lucky" ballot winners.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

I thought that we probably did enough to win yesterday.

Bournemouth away is a bit test a teams will go there and lose this season so it wasn't bad at all.

Not just because of the goal but Cresswell looks back to his best and Declan Rice really stamped his authority on a midfield that I was expecting us to struggle against.