Fornals

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Fornals

Post by Newmarket »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:54 am Bar always seems to be set so high for some and so low for others !! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

I’m still trying to work out what he was attempting to do in injury time at Villa when he passed it back to their keeper

That’s not taking time to adapt to the English game, that’s just appalling decision making

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

punkrockhammer wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:48 am I’m still trying to work out what he was attempting to do in injury time at Villa when he passed it back to their keeper

That’s not taking time to adapt to the English game, that’s just appalling decision making
OK so that's one poor decision. On that basis Rice must be really crap in your book. What the fuck was he doing when he handled the ball against Palace ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Kalnor

Post by Kalnor »

Football ability and the ability to adapt to the team and English football will take time. But the problem is west ham can’t afford the luxury of weakening the team to bed him in. He gets cup games, sub runs and injury cover. Knowing that it will take a while for him to adapt.

My main concern is his speed. He seems extremely slow for a modern day footballer. But being slow isn’t a complete no go, if I remember correctly Alan Dickens was a really slow player, but his football ability made up for it and I’m expecting Fornals to shine through aswell. But again this will limit his game time because it means his only real impact area will be in the center of the park. AM or CM. Will Pellegrini have the patience for him to bloom, that’s the real question. Apart from Antonio, we really don’t have a impact player from the bench atm. Hopefully Fornals becomes that first as we need a stronger squad.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Kalnor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:20 am Football ability and the ability to adapt to the team and English football will take time. But the problem is west ham can’t afford the luxury of weakening the team to bed him in. He gets cup games, sub runs and injury cover. Knowing that it will take a while for him to adapt.

My main concern is his speed. He seems extremely slow for a modern day footballer. But being slow isn’t a complete no go, if I remember correctly Alan Dickens was a really slow player, but his football ability made up for it and I’m expecting Fornals to shine through aswell. But again this will limit his game time because it means his only real impact area will be in the center of the park. AM or CM. Will Pellegrini have the patience for him to bloom, that’s the real question. Apart from Antonio, we really don’t have a impact player from the bench atm. Hopefully Fornals becomes that first as we need a stronger squad.
Better off with Whilshire in games like this.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:31 am
punkrockhammer wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:48 am I’m still trying to work out what he was attempting to do in injury time at Villa when he passed it back to their keeper

OK so that's one poor decision. On that basis Rice must be really crap in your book. What the fuck was he doing when he handled the ball against Palace ?
Only Rice can answer that but he has credit in the bank, Awfornals has been shit from day one

Another stellar performance again today and missed a good chance again

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Kalnor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:20 am Football ability and the ability to adapt to the team and English football will take time. But the problem is west ham can’t afford the luxury of weakening the team to bed him in. He gets cup games, sub runs and injury cover. Knowing that it will take a while for him to adapt.

"My main concern is his speed. He seems extremely slow for a modern day footballer. But being slow isn’t a complete no go, if I remember correctly Alan Dickens was a really slow player, but his football ability made up for it". You're talking about 30 years ago. The modern game is all about skill but with pace, and I mean fast pace And Dickens lack of pace did hold him back.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

The fella lit up the U21 tournament and won it. The English U21's are all doing really well with the same limited PL experience, until the Chelsea boys this season.

Age and the league are not necessarily a problem.

The system, tactics and players around them are.

Today he was played out of position, was that Bilic in disguise?

The bloke is probably a Golf GTI among 911's, but none are much use on a muddy farm track competing with Land Rovers and Landcruisers. That is our problem against the Brightons & Evertons of the world.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

punkrockhammer wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:40 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:31 am
Only Rice can answer that but he has credit in the bank, Awfornals has been shit from day one

Another stellar performance again today and missed a good chance again
Rice has credit in the bank, despite again costing us a goal, albeit on this occasion not a decisive one. But at least it's good to see you're happy that a player you don't rate played badly. Enjoy your weekend.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

grandad

Post by grandad »

only see him Saturday for few minutes through 1 eye ( lager )

but not impressed only touch the ball 3 times and lost it twice ( again through one eye )

Savio mark 2 ????????????????????????
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!