Differences between Leicester and West Ham.

Chat about anything football related here!
Mancunian Hammer

Re: Differences between Leicester and West Ham.

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

Goal difference is pretty massive at the moment. In fact we are worlds apart at the moment despite there only being 7 points between us. I have not seen enough of Leicester's games to really make informed comment, only highlights, but we at the moment are poor. Poor all over the pitch. At this time it would be easier to compare us to Aston Villa than Leicester, some people have said we are a similar sort of team as Leicester and we will both be fighting for top 6 but they look far far better than us so far.

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

The big difference for me is the manager and how he sets a team up. Every game is different and Rodgers will adjust to the opposition and work out the best way to beat them, Pellegrini doesn't, just picks the same system every week and hopes for the best.

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

jhammers wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:02 am The big difference for me is the manager and how he sets a team up. Every game is different and Rodgers will adjust to the opposition and work out the best way to beat them, Pellegrini doesn't, just picks the same system every week and hopes for the best.
I Don't know too much about Rodgers tactics but you are right on Pellegrini, the system never changes, he just drops players when they don't play well which is a bit of a problem at the moment as they are all underperforming. Whilst I think that a change of system may be called for if these players keep allowing the opposition free headers, getting shrugged off the ball with ease and failing to compete in tackles then a change of system won't help.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

I like Pellegrini and it was a good move by the twins because a figure head like him can bring in players that others cant.
But at his age does he have the hunger and passion still. Them 2 attributes are what we are missing on the pitch and i have always said , if your manager is passive then the players will reflect that on the pitch. Brendan Rodgers has a bite to him and so does that Leicester team. We are too passive and have no passion sometimes. Anything to do with the manager?
Pellegrini has one more season after this. His name can bring in a couple of more key players then after his contract expires we need to find a young manager who is determined to win things.. Only way we are going to go forward.
Look at our previous managers and count how many of them had the passion of a top 4 club? Had ambition to take us forward. It needs to start at the top. Bilic had that in his first season but was crucified by the move and smothered by a shit load of players coming in for that Europa season.. We dont need to the best manager in thew world we need one with steel in his words who can put the shits up any player that doesnt give 100%. Rafa would have been perfect for us. Not young but he hasn,t lost that hunger to succeed.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Mancunian Hammer wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:36 am
jhammers wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:02 am The big difference for me is the manager and how he sets a team up. Every game is different and Rodgers will adjust to the opposition and work out the best way to beat them, Pellegrini doesn't, just picks the same system every week and hopes for the best.
I Don't know too much about Rodgers tactics but you are right on Pellegrini, the system never changes, he just drops players when they don't play well which is a bit of a problem at the moment as they are all underperforming. Whilst I think that a change of system may be called for if these players keep allowing the opposition free headers, getting shrugged off the ball with ease and failing to compete in tackles then a change of system won't help.
I don't blame Manuel Pellegrini for his relaxed approach when you consider his age and his staggering wealth. It's just a person adjusting to his circumstances after his earlier productive years with Real Madrid,Man City,Malaga.

Two years in China have mellowed his ambition. West Ham is a good fit from his perspective at his career stage.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:00 pm

I don't blame Manuel Pellegrini for his relaxed approach when you consider his age and his staggering wealth. It's just a person adjusting to his circumstances after his earlier productive years with Real Madrid,Man City,Malaga.

Two years in China have mellowed his ambition. West Ham is a good fit from his perspective at his career stage.
Think you absolutely nailed there BD...

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Totally spot-on mate, I do feel that Pellegrini is a bit similar like Allardyce, becoming old-fashioned and all teams know our system, whereas Leicester used different system every game to make sure other teams don't know what hit them as Leicester employed 3-4-3, 3-4-2-1, 4-1-3-2, 4-2-3-1, 3-5-2. Even with Maguire loss to Man Utd, everyone thought Leicester will leak more goals conceded but they got a good replacement and more sounding defence.

I do hope one day Rodgers will become our manager as he is improving and now more better than when he was at Liverpool because he learnt how to correct his mistake, the grey area and Leicester will be a permanent top 10 for at least 10 years.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

About a hundred miles.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:00 pm

You may well have a point. But to a large degree we fans have only got ourselves to blame. During the Allardyce/Moyes eras we were often told, very sniffily in some cases, that all "we" (yes it was assumed by many we all wanted the same thing) demanded "good football" and it didn't matter whether we had a winning team or not. Many actually said they would rather see us lose 3-4 than see us scratch a 1-0 win.

As for me I gave up thinking West Ham would ever be a football club which competed consistently for honours many years ago.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?