Ambition?

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Ambition?

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Won’t or can’t motivate this squad of players no wonder they can’t give a fuck ,piss poor management imo
Going through the motions with a couldn’t give a monkeys attitude he’s almost waiting to get the fucking elbow
Been there done it so fucking what he’s been absolutely atrocious this season.

Fuck him.

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

FlatCapDave wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:34 pm
punkrockhammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:40 am Sounds more like Russian Hat Dave
Fair enough.

"Sack that old Chilean cunt! He don't know what he's doing! He's old!"

That better? ;)
Clayton wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:37 am Agree what you are saying about the manager and who if anyone comes in , for us to progress will take time with the backing of these owners could take an eternity .
But what I have seen of MP I just do not think he is capable anymore of managing a club , it was painfully obvious we needed strengthening in midfield before even MP joined us , yet his player to do that job was a 32 year old Sanchez :roll: , we already had Noble/Snodgross competing for oldest premier league player in midfield .
Seriously, do you think Pellegrini doesn't know what we need?

This isn't a game of Football Manager where you just sign players that you want. There's a lot of factors that come into play. Who's available? What's our budget? Does the player fancy playing for us? Who else wants him? Does his family fancy London?

It's this very reason that I said back when Pellegrini was appointed that it could easily take about four to five years to get this shitshow sorted. A manager basically has two periods of time to sign players each season. That's not a lot.

When you're operating with a limited budget and a board who have been known to move the goalposts you need to see what's available in any given window, and make the moves that you can.

So & so midfielder may be available, and we may make some inquiries about his views on coming here, only for his agent to put out the word that West Ham are close to signing him, and if anyone else fancies getting in on the action they had better pipe up sharpish.

Or, we identify a player only for him to say that another club who can offer more money, or European football has made an offer as well. It's at that point we need the owners to step up and provide the funding needed to get the player in.

Or, as we've seen, we identify the player and the owners fuck about trying to get a discount on the asking price, all the while pissing off the selling club, the players agent, and everyone else concerned. You get a reputation when that kind of thing happens more than once or twice.

I know it's not the answer everyone wants to hear, but there's a lot of moving parts to a transfer, especially in a window where you have limited time to get a deal done. Are we known as a club that's easy to deal with? Do we not have a history of fucking the selling clubs about when it comes time to get the deal done?

I'm willing to bet my fucking house that Sanchez was nowhere near being Pellegrini's first-choice signing in that position, but he'll fill a gap until the next window when we can look and see who's available in our budget that could do a job.

Not ideal, but that's how the world works.
Clayton wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:37 amReally do not agree though with how you see the club , we are in a sport where our team competes against others to be the best , not just to be involved . We all want to do the best we can in whatever field we are employed in , but as a professional you are seen as being at the top of your field .
People with natural talent, stamina, and competitive drive. They have excellent reflexes and coordination and are well disciplined when it comes to rigorous practice and training , well that is the definition of a professional sports person , what happened to our ? who knows .
You are starting to sound like the head mistress my kids used to have at school sports day , I was encouraging one of my kids in a race , when she approached me and said . " they only have to take part , they don't have to compete , they may never finish 1st , 2nd or 3rd ". So I said ,"how will you ever know if they don't try " .
Your saying its ok to finish every season in the middle of the pack because that is who we are , but we have to try to be as good as we can be , Isn't that what sports is all about ? Why settle for mediocrity ?.
Wrong, I'm not saying it's okay to be where we are, I'm saying that when we spend the kind of money we are, and we have the kind of players we have, we can't really expect much fucking better. We're batting exactly as we should be. No better, no worse.

We've brought some very good players into the club the past few years, but there's still a lot of players who simply aren't good enough. Like I said above, the manager is going to need four or five windows to sort this shit out. That's just the truth.

This past summer we brought in Fornals & Haller, and the season before we signed Diop, Fabianski, Yarmolenko and Anderson. Each of them are very good players. We need more players of that quality in other positions, and that will come if we give the manager the chance to make it happen.

Does anyone honestly think we'll be signing players like Haller & Anderson if we have Chris fucking Hughton as manager? Or are we ready to throw the current plan in the bin and go back to signing bargain-basement shit?

We've also seen that we need to shift players off the wage bill before we can bring more in, and getting shot of the likes of Hernandez and Carroll wasn't easy. It takes time to move those types of players on. They're on big money, the type of dough that other clubs won't give them. Why the fuck would they want to move on? They'll ride that gravytrain until they either get an offer that they like, or until the wheels come off and their contracts expire.

This is a long-game, like it or not. We all want instant success, but it ain't gonna happen.

It's quite simple really. The owners and the fans give Pellegrini, a manager with immense experience and who's been at some of the top clubs in the world, the time to change how we go about our business, or we lose the plot and bin him.

Just know that if we do sack him, we're likely going to look to someone like Hughton or Moyes. If the fans are happy with that kind of appointment then fair enough, but we should know that there's a reason the likes of Moyes and Hughton are out of work.

No one is offering them huge million pound contracts to come work for them. Moyes is currently doing the rounds on Scottish sports radio, and was in the frame for the fucking Hearts job.

The next few months will determine where West Ham as a club are going to go. We're either going to stick with the manager we brought in, show confidence in someone who's spent a long career delivering the goods, let him use his reputation and knowledge of the world game to sign players that we normally wouldn't even know existed, or we lose our nerve, sack him, and revert back to type, where we'll stay, under a Moyes or a Hughton.

We go back to being "good ol' West Ham, always fighting relegation, plucky underdogs, all that bollocks.
If we give Pellegrini, more time we will be in the championship. Under him we have become the worst team in the premier league. Our spending is comparable to most mid table teams and he should be doing far better with the team he has. We are a team battling relegation. There are a few teams down there that would love to spend 45m on a striker and 25 on an attacking midfielder. It's time to stop defending a man who decided to field Pablo zabaleta against one of the fastest players in the league. A man who stubbornly and repeatedly fielded a keeper that couldn't catch, a man that plays the same system regardless of the opposition. It's time we stopped judging this guy on what he did at city or Madrid or Malaga and talking about what he has done at West Ham, he's made us an embarrassment. Moyes, Hughton may not be enticing but they would struggle to get the team to produce performances as dismal as we have seen this season.

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

Mancunian Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:23 pm If we give Pellegrini, more time we will be in the championship.
Bollocks. Watford and Norwich are fucking abysmal. We're six points off tenth, and there's less than ten points that separates third bottom and fifth. The league, outside the top four, is really close.
Mancunian Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:23 pmUnder him we have become the worst team in the premier league.
If we were the worst team in the Premier League we'd be bottom of the table. We're not, so we aren't.
Mancunian Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:23 pmOur spending is comparable to most mid table teams and he should be doing far better with the team he has.
We're tenth in the table as far as net spending goes, and last season we finished tenth. So, we're exactly where we should be. This season is far from over. It's only December.
Mancunian Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:23 pmWe are a team battling relegation.
If we're a team battling relegation, then there's another six or seven just like us. As I said, this league outside the top four is as close as it gets. Watford and Norwich are in danger of being cut adrift at the bottom, but outside of those two there's a whole load of teams who could easily climb the table with a win or two. Including us.
Mancunian Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:23 pmThere are a few teams down there that would love to spend 45m on a striker and 25 on an attacking midfielder. It's time to stop defending a man who decided to field Pablo zabaleta against one of the fastest players in the league. A man who stubbornly and repeatedly fielded a keeper that couldn't catch, a man that plays the same system regardless of the opposition. It's time we stopped judging this guy on what he did at city or Madrid or Malaga and talking about what he has done at West Ham, he's made us an embarrassment. Moyes, Hughton may not be enticing but they would struggle to get the team to produce performances as dismal as we have seen this season.
Fair enough. Get in Moyes or Hughton, bin Pellegrini and Husillos and put the little man back in charge of transfers.

Just don't be moaning like fuck when we're signing shite, when we're turgid as fuck and terrible to watch, and when we're perennial relegation or lower league fodder.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

FlatCapDave wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:10 am
If we were the worst team in the Premier League we'd be bottom of the table. We're not, so we aren't.

We're tenth in the table as far as net spending goes, and last season we finished tenth. So, we're exactly where we should be. This season is far from over. It's only December.

Just don't be moaning like fuck when we're signing shite, when we're turgid as fuck and terrible to watch, and when we're perennial relegation or lower league fodder.
Form table says we are the worst

We are not tenth

We ARE signing shite, turgid as fuck and terrible to watch - unless you’re an opposition fan

Mancunian Hammer

Mancunian Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:23 pm If we give Pellegrini, more time we will be in the championship.
Bollocks. Watford and Norwich are fucking abysmal. We're six points off tenth, and there's less than ten points that separates third bottom and fifth. The league, outside the top four, is really close.

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=1 - We have won one in the last 6, so on current Pellegrini form it would take us 12 games to get to tenth assuming in those twelve games no other team managed a point

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=1 - We are in fact currently the worst team in the league as anybody who has been watching us will tell you, we usually concede 3 goals - unacceptable

Overall spending we are 8th, but we are not 8th, nor are we 10th. We are 1 point above the relegation zone. We are in no way where we should be, this team should be performing better.

If we're a team battling relegation, then there's another six or seven just like us. As I said, this league outside the top four is as close as it gets. Watford and Norwich are in danger of being cut adrift at the bottom, but outside of those two there's a whole load of teams who could easily climb the table with a win or two. Including us.

If my aunt was a man, she'd be my uncle. Look at the table, we are in a relegation fight, to say otherwise is delusional.

Fair enough. Get in Moyes or Hughton, bin Pellegrini and Husillos and put the little man back in charge of transfers.

Have you been watching West Ham? We are turgid as fuck, terrible to watch and battling relegation, open your eyes

As for the signings. Haller and Diop can't get in the team they have been so poor and Anderson gets subbed after 70 minutes every game, there's 100m of signings right there.

Terrible team selections, failure to adapt, unfathomable substitutions, shipping 3 goals a game, yeah lets continue with this manager, he's doing so well.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Mancunian Hammer wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:11 am

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=1 - We have won one in the last 6, so on current Pellegrini form it would take us 12 games to get to tenth assuming in those twelve games no other team managed a point

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=1 - We are in fact currently the worst team in the league as anybody who has been watching us will tell you, we usually concede 3 goals - unacceptable

Overall spending we are 8th, but we are not 8th, nor are we 10th. We are 1 point above the relegation zone. We are in no way where we should be, this team should be performing better.

If my aunt was a man, she'd be my uncle. Look at the table, we are in a relegation fight, to say otherwise is delusional.

Have you been watching West Ham? We are turgid as fuck, terrible to watch and battling relegation, open your eyes

As for the signings. Haller and Diop can't get in the team they have been so poor and Anderson gets subbed after 70 minutes every game, there's 100m of signings right there.

Terrible team selections, failure to adapt, unfathomable substitutions, shipping 3 goals a game, yeah lets continue with this manager, he's doing so well.
But were you one of the people last season raving about Anderson and Diop who, in most people's view, were performing very well ? Haller is obviously a different case but, even so, there were many on here who were trumpeting his signing as a "signal of intent".

I've said it before but imo it won't make the slightest difference long term who comes in to manage the club. It is in terminal decline imo and only a change of ownership, not manager, can arrest the slide.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Mancunian Hammer

I have never raved about Anderson, I thought Diop was excellent last season, indeed all those players mentioned seem to have potential that they are not fulfilling. It is the managers job to get a tune from the team, he is failing to do that.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

punkrockhammer wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:52 am

We are not tenth

We ARE signing shite, turgid as fuck and terrible to watch - unless you’re an opposition fan
I don't think MP has signed shite , what he has done though has signed key players in positions that were not a priority . Now if the board were to really show their intend , they would supply MP with the means to get his job done .

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

Clayton wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:34 am
punkrockhammer wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:52 am

We are not tenth

I don't think MP has signed shite , what he has done though has signed key players in positions that were not a priority . Now if the board were to really show their intend , they would supply MP with the means to get his job done .
Roberto The Clown (he was definitely a MP signing)
Ajeti
Sanchez

All the above are terrible, terrible players

Wheelchair and Fredericks are debatable but he must have agreed to taking them. A sicknote and a player that can run but can’t pass or cross a ball

Fornals has been a massive disappointment but has potential, the same with Haller.

Yarmalenko has bursts of good form but is past his best.

Anderson has turned into a tart but has ability performed before and Diops form has gone through the floor.

Keeping Zabaleta and Masuaku on were huge mistakes

Even if they are not all ‘shit’ per se, he’s fucking made them shit at the moment

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

punkrockhammer wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:43 am
Clayton wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:34 am

Roberto The Clown (he was definitely a MP signing)
Ajeti
Sanchez

All the above are terrible, terrible players

Wheelchair and Fredericks are debatable but he must have agreed to taking them. A sicknote and a player that can run but can’t pass or cross a ball

Fornals has been a massive disappointment but has potential, the same with Haller.

Yarmalenko has bursts of good form but is past his best.

Anderson has turned into a tart but has ability performed before and Diops form has gone through the floor.

Keeping Zabaleta and Masuaku on were huge mistakes

Even if they are not all ‘shit’ per se, he’s fucking made them shit at the moment
And Martin don't forget he let in 3 goals the last match .