David Moyes

Chat about anything football related here!
eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Re: David Moyes

Post by eastcoastclaret »

:(

Underwhelmed.
Again.

It’s not that I don’t like the man, its just, well,

meh....

Fuck me it’s hard being a West Ham fan sometimes
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:47 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:35 am

Giroud is old news talk about him a couple months ago same for Joe Allen.
Carry on.
Think we all know that , but I wouldn't put it past Sullivan , typically they are the type of player West Ham have always purchased top player from a better club who are past their sell buy date , and a ageing player almost past it from a team who have dropped out of the top flight .
Other recent transfer rumours like Barbosa and Sanson are players of our imagination now .
Been touted as Moyes targets he’s only just got to the fucking training ground.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:05 am
tassiehammer wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:16 pm

I realise that the finances are the only thing that will hurt Sullivan but we need the crowd to lift the team in the next few weeks. And I'm not coming back and watching it on the fucking telly. :lol:
No mate I guessed as much. But tbh the mood in the crowd at the moment, and I know I'm only speaking from what I hear watching on the box, doesn't really do much to lift the team and, I don't see that improving much as Moyes doesn't seem to be a universally approved choice as manager so as soon as things start going south the crowd will turn.
They won't and shouldn't turn on Moyes.The board are to blame for this mess,nobody else.They are the one's that would and should get it!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

No chance of getting anywhere near the old cunts seats now gents
Pitch invasion is the only option, careful of the number 16 though.
One tough cookie.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

I think this tirade against him is because we ain't got any Heroes on the pitch any more,,,, and we are desperate for somethinh... at least a notable face at the helm.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

punkrockhammer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:04 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:20 am

Only time I can remember Swansea putting 4 past us was more recently. Under Bilic I think. I remember letting in 5 against Leeds when we finished with 8 players and the following week getting gubbed 6-0 at Goodison. And unbelievably that season we still managed to finish 5th.
We’ve always been capable of being battered, whoever the manager

Losing 2-5 to lower league Barnsley after ET when we were 2-0 at one point is one that sticks in my mind

And the 6-0 thrashing on Oldhams plastic pitch - we like a hiding in the latter stages of the League Cup up in the NW it seems

7-1 at OT after leading

Beating Emley 1-0 at home in the FA Cup in the last minute felt like a defeat
I have to say League Semi-Final 2nd leg at St Andrews in 2011.We were 2-1 up after first leg and 1-0 up at HT for a place in Final.Birmingham's average goal per game was probably the lowest in PL history,under 0.8..They manage to score THREE with extra time..My worst and most depressing moment being a West Ham fan and there have been a few.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:11 am
punkrockhammer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:04 am

We’ve always been capable of being battered, whoever the manager

Losing 2-5 to lower league Barnsley after ET when we were 2-0 at one point is one that sticks in my mind

And the 6-0 thrashing on Oldhams plastic pitch - we like a hiding in the latter stages of the League Cup up in the NW it seems

7-1 at OT after leading

Beating Emley 1-0 at home in the FA Cup in the last minute felt like a defeat
I have to say League Semi-Final 2nd leg at St Andrews in 2011.We were 2-1 up after first leg and 1-0 up at HT for a place in Final.Birmingham's average goal per game was probably the lowest in PL history,under 0.8..They manage to score THREE with extra time..My worst and most depressing moment being a West Ham fan and there have been a few.
Cheers, I’d forgotten about that :lol:

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The club that just keeps on giving.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Exclusive Interview - David Moyes
https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... avid-moyes

Well lets hope he gets it right for our sake , with his narrow 4-2-2-2 no wingers system , problem is it didn't work out to well for him at Man Utd or Sunderland . But at least this time he will have the reins on a permanent basis . At the end of the day we have got him now , and he didn't do such a bad job at Everton . The problem is that his persona and managerial record just doesn't fill me with anticipation or excitement .
Last edited by Clayton on Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

Whilst the Moyes appointment is uninspiring and we would all like a pochettino, Kovac etc. (never going to happen) he’s the West Ham United manager. Even those who are vehemently against him getting the job must see that Moyes would have a hard job getting us to play as poorly as we have this season under Pellegrini. Some of Pellegrini’s team selections/substitutions have been borderline sabotage and we were paying him 7 million a year. Not a big fan of Moyes myself but ended up loathing Pellegrini. I don’t think Moyes will do well but I’ll reserve my judgement until I have seen how the team does under him in this second spell.