West Ham vs Bournemouth Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Taansend

Re: West Ham vs Bournemouth Official Match Thread

Post by Taansend »

According to Sky Sports only one player rated lower than a 7 against Bournemouth

Player ratings
Home Team: Fabianski (7), Fredericks (8), Balbuena (7), Ogbonna (7), Cresswell (7), Rice (8), Noble (9), Snodgrass (7), Fornals (6), Anderson (7), Haller (7).

palerider

Post by palerider »

Having sampled the delights of our first home win of the decade on BT Sports I also gorged myself by watching MOTD. Unfortunately that particular offering was spoiled by the commentator being a split-arse and not a very good one at that and it begs the question. Why was she doing that when she should have been at home doing the fucking ironing ?

World's gone mad.

But it led me to the same conclusion. We were good and a totally different outfit to the one that Mr. Dead had turned us into. And it re-affirmed my belief that had Abbott and Costello acted two months earlier, when they should have, we'd be near the top 6 given the constricted nature of the league table.

But as has been stated. Bournemouth were dreadful. You can only beat what's in front of you but they resembled a League One side. They've lost their best defender and 5 of those who started yesterday hadn't trained all week due to their injury list. Indeed I'd go as far as saying that even a Mr. Dead team would have struggled not to win, although I imagine it would have been 1-0 and hanging on with the dwarf thinking about giving him three more matches.

So I'm not creaming my jocks just yet. Sterner tests await. But the commitment and desire that Ol' bug-eyes has introduced after just a couple of training sessions proves what a total cunt Audrey had become. Because it wasn't rocket-science to see the problem was it ? He got a tune out of Haller and Jimmy. Noble and the Snodster ran the midfield, and our defence benefited from his mantra...'Don't fanny abooot. Just hoof the fucker out of harm's way.'

There is however one dark thought that's worrying me.

This energetic midfielder that's being touted.

I sincerely fucking hope that the tiny turd doesn't think that he's not needed this January on the evidence of one win so he can invest a bit more in Junior dwarf's games-room.

Because he fucking well is.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Taansend wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:43 am According to Sky Sports only one player rated lower than a 7 against Bournemouth

Player ratings
Home Team: Fabianski (7), Fredericks (8), Balbuena (7), Ogbonna (7), Cresswell (7), Rice (8), Noble (9), Snodgrass (7), Fornals (6), Anderson (7), Haller (7).
Just goes to show what a load of bollocks those journo ratings are imo. How the fuck did Fabianski rate a 7 when he had absolutely fuck all to do apart from a couple of routine saves ? Surely the bloke who wrote the piece doesn't think his contribution was as important as Ogbonna for example. And how Fornals only rated 6 beats me completely.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

Taansend wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:43 am According to Sky Sports only one player rated lower than a 7 against Bournemouth

Player ratings
I thought Fornals did well as a team player in the game, he is painfully slow but a very good passer of the ball and he worked hard, he's turning it round for me after a very poor start, just hope his other qualities can make up for his lack of pace.

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

Towie wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:44 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:40 pm

He is 6ft 3in (1.90m), but I agree he should be winning more headers and scoring with his head. :?
Well you can only do that if decent crosses come in, the service to him has been pretty poor all season. Fredericks today put in some decent crosses but has b een woeful at crossing Upton now.
Yes we generally pass the ball around the edge of the area until we lose possession rather than putting it in but it is something I have noticed across the pitch the failure to win headers and a our opponents having free headers in the midfield. Hopefully the new manager will change this as I wouldn't accept it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Mancunian Hammer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:50 am

Player ratings
I thought Fornals did well as a team player in the game, he is painfully slow but a very good passer of the ball and he worked hard, he's turning it round for me after a very poor start, just hope his other qualities can make up for his lack of pace.
I personally think his other qualities if as good as they appear will do me nicely , though having some pace could benefit him he does fine in attack and defensively .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Fuck that was needed.... :D

Big up for the crowd...we really do have the best of fans,when it comes down to it..
really chuffed with the response..

Nice to see Moyes not taking full credit for it....it's still the squad Peller put together end of the
day.....and as much as I wanted him gone,no saying we wouldn't have done that with him still here.

We don't need a 2 up top as everyone seems to think....3 across like Peller tried to play,or one
behind is the way to go...trouble was Peller played them as wingers,they're not the FBs are the
wingers.

Still a lot of work to do we still allowed Bournemouth to play....I really think that's fitness,the
shutting down early/high press we used.....(fuckin over the moon with that) is tough work...
Even Scouse/City cant do for full 90.
We seem to have a lot of guys blowing after an hour or so..

Should be real battle for starts....how would we work Micky into yesterdays side..who drops out,
would have to be Snoddy....but he had a really good game..
got Yarmo as well,who is a bloody good player despite the bad press we're giving him..
Issa's to good for the bench,but will play in the 3,when it comes in,Lanzas a bench sitter for a
while i think...he's a great player,but needs to prove it.

Anderson needs to play in that exact role,wasted out wide..ok if we revert to 3 forward,but
don't think Moyes will...we'll alternate from a 4-4-1-1 which what yesterday was more or less,
but he'll play a 3-5-1-1,against the top clubs I spect,gotta work that in gradual tho.
Always wondered bout Arthur,he's a really good player,you can see that...but he's no full back.

Everyone put a shift in,great to see....shout out for Oggy,defence gets forgotten when you hit
4,but he was needed at times..Chuffed for Nobes....whether you rate him or not...if fit and firing
he will run till he drops...........EVERY GAME...that's his prob he runs himself out is all.

Nice win well pleased.... :D