David Moyes

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Is David Moyes the right appointment for West Ham?

Post by Whiskyman »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:35 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:18 am Whether he’s a right man or not remains to be seen but I saw a more spring in our step and enthusiasm I’ve not seen for fucking yonks than when that Chilean fucking prick was in charge .
I was the most optimistic I had ever been following the Pellegrini appointment; proven manager, shedloads of cash (more than normal) - what the fuck happened? :cry:

Maybe Moyes can make something happen, and I hope he does, but I’m a bit underwhelmed by his appointment. MP and decent money got my hopes way up there... DM and piddle money have my expectations at levels that they’ve nearly always been - mid-low table mediocrity.

Meh. :|
Agree with every word of that. But being underwhelmed is maybe no bad thing. It tends to lower expectations. When Pellegrini shipped up a lot of us maybe felt we'd be the next Villarreal or Malaga. Didn't work out so we revert to a safe pair of hands.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:57 am I actually thought he was given a raw deal by those cunts. He's our manager for the next 18 months at least, so fucking back him in the transfer window.
We're only two or three players away from being a very good side.
Two or three players away from being a very good side sounds pretty cool doesn't it ? But if you say it like We're only about £100 million from being a good side it puts a different perspective on things does it not ? ;)

Can we really see the Dildos permitting strategic investment in the team, particularly as their confidence in Moyes has only been backed with a contract for a season and a half.

jameskel

Re: David Moyes

Post by jameskel »

I fucking knew he was the right man .........

will save judgment until we play a football team. Bournemouth were fucking shit at best
Covid in the Boardroom

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:33 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:57 am I actually thought he was given a raw deal by those cunts. He's our manager for the next 18 months at least, so fucking back him in the transfer window.
Two or three players away from being a very good side sounds pretty cool doesn't it ? But if you say it like We're only about £100 million from being a good side it puts a different perspective on things does it not ? ;)

Can we really see the Dildos permitting strategic investment in the team, particularly as their confidence in Moyes has only been backed with a contract for a season and a half.
Well it's true but also every side can be two or three signings from being a good side and every team will improve every season or try to, just too competitive, I think actually just coaching your current players and building a squad dynamic where they're confident, organised, work super hard for eachother and themselves and have a very clear plan for every situation/game is a far more realistic scenerio for our team. It is what Sheffield United been doing for 3 years now under Wilder and they're ahead of us. Three seasons ago they're in League One.

Obviously we'll try to improve areas by buying new players, it's a harsh game football, you don't work hard / train hard every day and keep producing the standard you set, you fall behind and suddenly you find yourself 18th in the league.

All Moyes seems to be doing is that really, seems like more I read/hear is that MP just a tactical coach and could not meet the needs of whole squad, David Moyes is probably, it's fair to say, our level of manager. I think he'll do a good job, like Sam did short term but then we'll get bored when he has negative tactics in the coming seasons and we'll bin him for someone else again.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

I will not pass judgement on David Moyes especially after winning a match against probably the worst team in the league at the moment . He has to be given a proper go at the job for me that is until the Chelsea home match which is 11 matches - 6 Home and 5 away . We should have a bearing on where he looks to be taking us by then , after all he is a very experienced British manager , who wins matches and wants to incorporate this new attacking style of football that Liverpool and Leipzig are so good at into his own coaching style .
Why ? , well many got excited when we got Pellegrini and at times we won a few games and fans were talking of top six finishes , even this season . Some were even saying that the squad was good enough to be in the top four .
So he will not need to bring anyone in the January window because as many have said we already have a squad capable of being in the top six , so why waste what could be used in the summer window if required .
After the Chelsea Home game it should get easier for us as we have 3 Home games against Burnley , Watford and Aston Villa .Plus Away games at Newcastle , Norwich and Man Utd , which should see us home safely .

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Nice to see a bit of old fashioned honesty from Moyes.... can’t help to think if that had been the toad he’d be basking in the glory of the “Big Sam effect”.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 24301.html

What Moyes’s words tell us however is that yesterday’s performance was principally down to a stagnated group of players that were apparently liberated from whatever problems there were under Pellegrini and not anything particular that Moyes had done (he more or less said so himself).

So, the positives of yesterday for me is that this group of players reaffirmed what many already knew in that they are capable of better play, more intensity etc (helped by a truly awful Bournemouth side).

What will be interesting is how they look once Moyes has had time to properly work with them and drill them.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:42 am I will not pass judgement on David Moyes especially after winning a match against probably the worst team in the league at the moment . He has to be given a proper go at the job for me that is until the Chelsea home match which is 11 matches - 6 Home and 5 away . We should have a bearing on where he looks to be taking us by then , after all he is a very experienced British manager , who wins matches and wants to incorporate this new attacking style of football that Liverpool and Leipzig are so good at into his own coaching style .
Why ? , well many got excited when we got Pellegrini and at times we won a few games and fans were talking of top six finishes , even this season . Some were even saying that the squad was good enough to be in the top four .
So he will not need to bring anyone in the January window because as many have said we already have a squad capable of being in the top six , so why waste what could be used in the summer window if required .
After the Chelsea Home game it should get easier for us as we have 3 Home games against Burnley , Watford and Aston Villa .Plus Away games at Newcastle , Norwich and Man Utd , which should see us home safely .
Matter of opinion to say the squad is good enough for a top 6 spot. I think we are too weak in certain positions, wing back and midfield being key imo. Look at the sides who are seriously expected to be challenging for top 6 and they are all very competent in midfield and decent in the full/wing back positions. We also need back up in attack imo. Haller on his day is OK but Ajeti isn't yet ready, Hugill apparently is no great shakes in the Championship and Antonio seems to be developing into Sicknote Mark II.

My take is we are weaker overall than the obvious 3 at the top, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Wolves and Man United. Stronger than Norwich, Villa, Bournemouth, Burnley, Brighton & Saints and pretty much on a par with the rest. Including Watford. So we should, by that reckoning, end up somewhere between 9th and 14th. Or 13th if I include Newcastle in squads we are better than which I was going to but had a rethink. ;)

Macca666

Post by Macca666 »

I think Moyes got well shafted last time around, in truth I think Sullivan listened to a section of the fans who never wanted Moyes and never gave him a chance and so decided that he had to go even though he did what they asked of him.
If I was Moyes I'd have told Sullivan to go fuck himself after what went on but I'm a massive cunt with a chip on my shoulder, so I'll give credit to Moyes for that alone.
Listening to him he comes across as decent fair bloke until you fuck him off then I reckon he'd let you know exactly what he thinks, just the sort our lazy bunch of over paid fuckers need.

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

Moyes needs to get us doing the basics right and the rest will fall into place with this group of players. Despite all the evidence to the contrary I maintain that this is not relegation dog fighting team there are some good players in there.
Winning headers and personal battles against your opposite number, working hard, making tackles and playing as a team, being organised in defence especially set plays. I don't expect champagne football, nobody does under Moyes but I expect better results than we were getting under Pellegrini. Everyone should know their job and have their instructions from the manager and the manager should be demanding from the players every effort and to do the basics right.

We won yesterday (Bournemouth) but we still have some major issues. Can Moyes get Haller playing week in week out to the very high standard we expected? Noble and Snodgrass for all their efforts are too slow nowadays. Lanzini looking like he's injury prone, Fornals very slow, Anderson inconsistent, Masuaku is bad at defending, Fredericks not much better.

He has a big job but a great start a 4-0 win without Michail Antonio, yes Bournemouth were poor but we did so many of the basic things right we made it difficult for them. Pellegrini is gone and i'm so glad about that as I think he would have taken us down, now I think we have a fighting chance.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

palerider wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:28 am
What he said.
Seconded..or is that Thirded.. :lol: