Fixtures 2016/17

Chat about anything football related here!
aklhammer

Re: Fixtures 2016/17

Post by aklhammer »

Not feeling it at all. Was hoping for a new season opening day baptism in the new stadium, the excitement of the season starting would have been electric. We will have to adopt our away day brilliance quickly again to pick up early points with Man C and Chelsea, also a shitty Xmas away to Leicester and Wales and a last game away up north ho hum.

Disappointed with it to be truthful, lets hope we stuff em all up like we did last time
Matamata

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

aklhammer wrote:Not feeling it at all. Was hoping for a new season opening day baptism in the new stadium, the excitement of the season starting would have been electric. We will have to adopt our away day brilliance quickly again to pick up early points with Man C and Chelsea, also a shitty Xmas away to Leicester and Wales and a last game away up north ho hum.

Disappointed with it to be truthful, lets hope we stuff em all up like we did last time
You watch the UEFA draw.
At some stage we will play CSK Moscow away!
Tom will be the only supporter going :lol:

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Home would have been nice but hey ho!!

No bad thing getting Chelsea and City away in our first 2 away games as the so called "bigger teams" sometimes take time to adjust/settle etc.

Boy December is one busy old month!!!

rajahirons

Post by rajahirons »

Porterman wrote:Home would have been nice but hey ho!!

No bad thing getting Chelsea and City away in our first 2 away games as the so called "bigger teams" sometimes take time to adjust/settle etc.

I've got to agree with you. I see it as a massive plus for us not starting at home but rather away to a team like Chelsea. There is always lots of pressure on the opening day and teams tend to force things. Playing against a nervy Chelsea with a new manager can be ideal for our counter attacking play without taking too much risk. The same with Man City so early on, they will first need to get used to Pep before they really click.

I can see us build some good momentum with our first 10 fixtures. COYI!!!!

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

rajahirons wrote:
Porterman wrote:Home would have been nice but hey ho!!

I've got to agree with you. I see it as a massive plus for us not starting at home but rather away to a team like Chelsea. There is always lots of pressure on the opening day and teams tend to force things. Playing against a nervy Chelsea with a new manager can be ideal for our counter attacking play without taking too much risk. The same with Man City so early on, they will first need to get used to Pep before they really click.

I can see us build some good momentum with our first 10 fixtures. COYI!!!!
I agree.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

I wasn't surprised that we are not at home In opening game of the season as usual but good away start at Chelsea and Man City like we did last season and hope of a repeat would be fitting but this time we need to win home games as many as we can, especially lower team. Hardest fixtures is end of November to early December
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

The run of home games, until Arsenal, could not have come out better. Every one should be a win
Covid in the Boardroom

thomasdown480

Post by thomasdown480 »

Conte or sorry Cunte as I will call him on fancam at their gaff first game of season. I am already so excited I can't tell you.

Now to get the away season ticket sorted

COYI

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

Chelsea and Man City still adjusting to new Manager early on.

Excitement of First day and excitement of first home game means two exciting first days really

Two big away games out of the way.....I quite like it

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Could be a dodgy start to the season and December is proper busy but I'm really hoping we can better last seasons points total by at least 5 points.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?