Payet to start tonight

Chat about anything football related here!
hamstew

Re: Payet to start tonight

Post by hamstew »

Well he did it again, hope we see him in a West Ham shirt after the first month of the season!!!

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

My fucking God, what a player we have here

Goal in his old home ground and again the best French player on the pitch

Must've been the only French player not to fall over tonight, too

If Juve want £70m for Pogba, we should be looking to at least match that

H4L

Post by H4L »

What a player. Really hope he doesn't get his head turned. How much money does he need to earn? He's worshipped by us, In a brand new 60,000 stadium. Will he be be a God somewhere else? Deep down though I am delighted for him. Worked hard and put it in for us. Produced magic at times and has earned this moment on the world stage.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Payet will stay at West Ham as his agent said West Ham brought him to a special player as of now so that a good thing.

I think Payet will be Euro 2016 Player of the tournament. 2 goals and 1 assist in 2 games.

COYI
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

rajahirons

Post by rajahirons »

Best player on the pitch once again! He would have had another 5 assists if the rest of them were switched on. I don't think any amount is worth taking, it is rather a case of if he wants to go. We should get at least 60m if that's the case.

I can see why Bilic like to play him on the wing in a roaming role. He does attack the line a lot better facing goal and not with his back to goal with 3 defenders around him in the middle of the park. They looked a lot more dangerous the moment he started running onto the ball facing goal.

I do like to listen to Bilic on ITV, he does make a lot of sense and it seems more and more like we have one of the best managers out there.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

I don't worry about Barca or Real coming after him. The club I worry about is PSG. Zlatan has ruled the roost there for the last few years and they need a figurehead. I just hope they set their sights on someone, anyone else.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

He'll still be with us next season. No one is going to pay the money we want for a player who at the end of the day is 29. If he were 25 then we'd have our work cut out keeping him. But at 29, different story. He's loved at West Ham by the fans and we are moving in to a new era and at his age it's best for him to stay and help us reach new heights. It's a good deal all round for all parties.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Not really been watching the tournament, has anyone got a link to the goal please? Had a look on Twitter but there are just ton of clips of him jumping on the corner flag and Bilic climbing on a table.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

It's okay, seen it now.

ryanguitarhammer

Post by ryanguitarhammer »

Can't help but think Real Madrid are going to go in for him. Especially with Zidane in charge... :cry: