Would Rangers finish in the top 3 in the Premier League?

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Would Rangers finish in the top 3 in the Premier League?

Post by palerider »

They've done well raising their game to reach the final and were the better team. But over the course of a whole season they'd be relegation fodder with Celtic not much better.

The game was mid-level Championship standard. Had it not been for one player we'd have lifted the trophy.

And with the beers flowing in the hot Spanish sun, the English and Scottish fans would have happily mingled in the bars, exchanging pleasant stories and the occasional witty jibe, shaking hands as they moved on with good wishes and hope for a safe flight home.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Towie wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 7:39 am
9898 wrote: ↑Wed May 18, 2022 11:19 pm I for one hate the fact were not as good as poxy Rangers snd Moyes, bosrd, everyone at the club has a lot to answer for when a low level league club is better than our multi, multi million pound set up.
Could be worse Numbnuts, look at your beloved Spuds that got beaten by a Sunday league Slovenian team in the Europa Conference league, and not even qualify from the group.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Now that is embarrassing.
Shouldn't really be calling that out, Astra ring any bells ?

Post by 9898 »

Castiron wrote: ↑Wed May 18, 2022 11:23 pm
9898 wrote: ↑Wed May 18, 2022 11:19 pm I for one hate the fact were not as good as poxy Rangers snd Moyes, bosrd, everyone at the club has a lot to answer for when a low level league club is better than our multi, multi million pound set up.
Did Rangers win the Europa League?
Did Rangers beat the team that knocked West Ham out of the Europa League?.
Your fishing trip is over trollboy.
Calm down hun, it's only a football forum.

My innocent feeling is that Frankfurt slaughtered us at home, 11 v 11, without scoring. Rangers got further in the completion than us and were level through 90 minutes.
If people think Rangers will struggle, I'm talking over a prolonged period of time and not freak 1 or 2 seasons, where does that leave us?
Also, as people don't seem to like the comment and I don't want to upset anyone, I am not going to state the last 2 seasons are not real seasons. You will not hear that from me on this thread.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Post by Towie »

garnett wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 8:43 am
Towie wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 7:39 am

Could be worse Numbnuts, look at your beloved Spuds that got beaten by a Sunday league Slovenian team in the Europa Conference league, and not even qualify from the group.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Now that is embarrassing.
Well yes, if you want to go back a few seasons.

But Spuds are meant to be a European super league team ffs. So it is even more embarrassing.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well they will be swimming in a different fish pond, their DNA will. change. Who knows, being in the PL might make them more attractive to top players and be able to compete over time with the likes of City etc.

As it stands they might hold their own but not challenge the top 3. I suppose they can see it as an extended trip to Europe.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Post by 9898 »

Towie wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 2:44 pm
garnett wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 8:43 am

But Spuds are meant to be a European super league team ffs. So it is even more embarrassing.
Recent years Spurs have been in the Champions league even getting to a final.
You want to look at the current situation. West Ham fans are wetting themselves, and convincing themselves it's a great thing to be in the Conference Europa league while Spurs will be in the Champions League.
Your reply is a great example of my thread 'Things West Ham fans do that me laugh or surprise me'.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

9898 wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 1:43 pm
Castiron wrote: ↑Wed May 18, 2022 11:23 pm
Did Rangers win the Europa League?
Did Rangers beat the team that knocked West Ham out of the Europa League?.
Your fishing trip is over trollboy.
Calm down hun, it's only a football forum.

My innocent feeling is that Frankfurt slaughtered us at home, 11 v 11, without scoring. Rangers got further in the completion than us and were level through 90 minutes.
If people think Rangers will struggle, I'm talking over a prolonged period of time and not freak 1 or 2 seasons, where does that leave us?
Also, as people don't seem to like the comment and I don't want to upset anyone, I am not going to state the last 2 seasons are not real seasons. You will not hear that from me on this thread.
No, your statement was that we are not as good as Rangers. Why?
Did Rangers beat Frankfurt to win the Europa cup?
Rangers had an easier route to the final than us.
Rangers didn't play two games with ten men for 75% of the game to go.
Rangers didn't beat six times winners of the competition Sevilla along the way, who alot of people, including you of course, said we had no hope against?.
Rangers didn't beat Lyon 3-0 away, when again, lots said we wouldn't have a hope.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

9898 wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 3:19 pm

You want to look at the current situation. West Ham fans are wetting themselves, and convincing themselves it's a great thing to be in the Conference Europa league while Spurs will be in the Champions League.
Your reply is a great example of my thread 'Things West Ham fans do that me laugh or surprise me'.
I think some perspective is called for. West Ham fans wetting themselves and thinking it's great to be in the conference league is telling only part of the story.

Truth is it's better to be in that than finish in the bottom half of the table. Think you will find that most are happy we achieved that to date and will be a bit disappointed if we don't go one better on Sunday.

Next season will be a marker on how far we have progressed as a team and what has been learnt from this one. " Wetting ourselves " over the conference league?! There's more to it than that, but what would you know?!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Not a fucking snowballs.
Same for the ginger piss smelling hooped cunts.

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 3:19 pm

And your reply is a great example of a Spuds supporter response.

Why Spurs fans keep going on about Champs league final? Liverpool are in it most seasons, Chelsea have won it. You don’t see those clubs talking about finals they have lost.
Conference league/Europa league is an achievement for us, why are you trying to compare us to European super league teams who should win trophies, except Spuds don’t. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.