West Ham Utd vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: West Ham Utd vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Hopefully with Lucas Paquetá's arrival it will see the whole squad perk up - a high tide lifts all ships

Be interesting to see if he makes the bench wednesday. DM always wants to see a player train for half a month; although Cornet was introduced rudely...

I'm anticipating Fornals forming an immediate telepathic understanding after they swap in-house jokes in Spanish.

Go Hammers go

IndianHammer

Post by IndianHammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:26 pm Hopefully with Lucas Paquetá's arrival it will see the whole squad perk up - a high tide lifts all ships

Be interesting to see if he makes the bench wednesday. DM always wants to see a player train for half a month; although Cornet was introduced rudely...

I'm anticipating Fornals forming an immediate telepathic understanding after they swap in-house jokes in Spanish.

Go Hammers go
You are going to insult the whole of Brazil if you suggest they speak spanish haha. Anyhow, hopefully he makes the bench at least assuming the visa/squad registration is in time.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

IndianHammer wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:37 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:26 pm Hopefully with Lucas Paquetá's arrival it will see the whole squad perk up - a high tide lifts all ships

Go Hammers go
You are going to insult the whole of Brazil if you suggest they speak spanish haha. Anyhow, hopefully he makes the bench at least assuming the visa/squad registration is in time.
Quite right apologies - I meant Mexican :?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:46 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:34 pm How about

Areola
Kehrer Zouma Ogbonna
Ashby Benrahma Rice Fornals Cornet
Bowen Scamacca

Fabianski Coufal Emerson Cresswell Johnson Coventry Downes Antonio Lanzini
Only if we want to try and beat Bournemouths performance from the weekend!

Playing a back 3 against a front 2 doesn't work as Sunday showed.
But in all honesty we didn't play an authentic back 3 on Sunday, did we ? Johnson/Coufal & Emerson were effectively played as full backs, not wing backs during the first half, so for all intents and purposes we played with a back 5. You are right of course that playing a back 3 against Spurs would be a recipe for disaster, but, sadly I'm afraid because of the pace at which Spurs break it is going to be a very difficult night for us whatever system we come up with.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:50 pm

But in all honesty we didn't play an authentic back 3 on Sunday, did we ? Johnson/Coufal & Emerson were effectively played as full backs, not wing backs during the first half, so for all intents and purposes we played with a back 5. You are right of course that playing a back 3 against Spurs would be a recipe for disaster, but, sadly I'm afraid because of the pace at which Spurs break it is going to be a very difficult night for us whatever system we come up with.
So Whisky , a man of your experience must see a solution to our problem in beating or combating the Spur's tactics , or are you suggesting we just don't have the players to do it , or Moyes doesn't have the knowledge to beat them in his repertoire .

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:52 pm
Poor selection not formation did us .
So there was 1 change at halftime... Emerson went off and was replaced by Benny......can someone tell me what position Emerson played on Sunday....

Towie

Post by Towie »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:05 pm

So Whisky , a man of your experience must see a solution to our problem in beating or combating the Spur's tactics , or are you suggesting we just don't have the players to do it , or Moyes doesn't have the knowledge to beat them in his repertoire .
We beat them last Season and season before under Moyes.
So yes he does have the knowledge it in his repertoire.

Let’s hope he can do it again, but Spuds seem to be a different animal under Conte.
They certainly have the pace in the front 3 to cause us all sorts of problems, defensively though I believe they are vulnerable.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

I can't see cautious Moyes starting Paqueta, Scamacca & Cornet. We will have to see some rotation with Chelsea on Sunday, but I think Moyes will view that as the easier game and he will have a couple of extra days training with the new boys.

Antonio has a good record against them, I bet he will start. I'm not a huge Benny fan, but he has to start.

I think he will have to rotate Oggy & Zouma, as the latter played in Brum, Id go with Oggy in this one plus Zouma I'm sure would love to play against his old club

I think we'll see something like and I approve

Areola
Coufal Kehrer Oggy Cress
Soucek Rice
Benny Fornals Cornet
Antonio

hd1

Post by hd1 »

We did start with a 3 Whisky, Johnson and Emerson pushed high up for the first 10-15 before we ended up having little possession and having to drop them back.

In terms of Spurs it's about cutting off the supply in midfield so they can't use the pace up top and I'd prefer Areola in goal as his sweeping is better

JayK

Post by JayK »

hd1 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:53 am

We did start with a 3 Whisky, Johnson and Emerson pushed high up for the first 10-15 before we ended up having little possession and having to drop them back.

In terms of Spurs it's about cutting off the supply in midfield so they can't use the pace up top and I'd prefer Areola in goal as his sweeping is better
Is Areola the new Noble in the changing room?
COYI!!!