"Sack Moyes" says the fans

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: "Sack Moyes" says the fans

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:37 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:40 pm

The problem with your argument there is that the dwarf must surely realise that the revenue stream which provides him with his dividends will reduce significantly when West Ham are playing in the championship. He may, as you say, not care about the performances on the field but he will surely care when the income, not to mention the potential sale value of the business, falls because of relegation. His successful business model won't be as successful when the money supply slows down.

The simple minded ones you refer to will witter on about "but he'll sell Rice" without realising that Rice is one of the assets on which the club's valuation is based and selling him will take his value off the balance sheet. Christ only knows the thought processes that go through the dwarf's mind when the board discuss, as they surely must, the manager's position. But one thing's for sure, joined up thinking it isn't.
Indeed Rice is part of the equation as is the squad which he will inevitably strip to the core and thus recoup some of the expected losses which relegation will incur.
Let's face it, they've hardly paid out fuck all in the 7 years they've squatted at the OS and had a few full houses during our soirees in to Europe, so all things considered, the sale of the club would still ensure a tidy profit.
That said of course he may be taking a big gamble in the authorities handing over the keys and peppy Moyes actually keeping us up.
Either way you can bet your bottom dollar that whatever scheme he has up his shortened sleeves he will no doubt come up trumps.
He is after all a scheming little cunt who'd more than likely sell us down the river in search of a pound note.
But stripping the squad to the core would result in , quite possibly, a prolonged period in the championship, or maybe lower. Surely the dwarf must realise that scenario would reduce his income significantly. And of course should he decide to cash in and sell he would get considerably less than he would for a premier league club. Even he must realise this mustn’t he?

Of course he is in his 70s and dementia is a bastard so maybe I’m giving him too much credit.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:45 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:37 pm

Indeed Rice is part of the equation as is the squad which he will inevitably strip to the core and thus recoup some of the expected losses which relegation will incur.
Let's face it, they've hardly paid out fuck all in the 7 years they've squatted at the OS and had a few full houses during our soirees in to Europe, so all things considered, the sale of the club would still ensure a tidy profit.
That said of course he may be taking a big gamble in the authorities handing over the keys and peppy Moyes actually keeping us up.
Either way you can bet your bottom dollar that whatever scheme he has up his shortened sleeves he will no doubt come up trumps.
He is after all a scheming little cunt who'd more than likely sell us down the river in search of a pound note.
But stripping the squad to the core would result in , quite possibly, a prolonged period in the championship, or maybe lower. Surely the dwarf must realise that scenario would reduce his income significantly. And of course should he decide to cash in and sell he would get considerably less than he would for a premier league club. Even he must realise this mustn’t he?

Of course he is in his 70s and dementia is a bastard so maybe I’m giving him too much credit.
Well, he hasn't sacked Moyes.
So dementia's probably set in already.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark »

palerider wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:06 pm Who says the days of the circus are history ?

Step right up folks !
Even the Circus would have sacked this fuckin Clown by now !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:32 pm
Gazza83 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:55 pm Who would replace moyes???
Kevin Keen till the end of season? Done a magnificent job with U18’s.
I believe he’s had 2 previous stints as caretaker manager and has failed to win a match
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:21 am

I believe he’s had 2 previous stints as caretaker manager and has failed to win a match
But he was so much older then he's younger than that now.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I remember he was in charge after Grant was sacked. Home against Sunderland and we lost 0-3. Remember I was in Lanzarote at the time and watched the game in a little bar run by a West Ham supporting couple in Puerto del Carmen. Remember being disappointed with nothing at stake he didn't throw a few of the youngsters in for a meaningless game.

Sound familiar ? Fuck knows why I bothered watching a game that meant sod all, Maybe cheap cerveza had somethuing to do with it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

True, but both those times we were already relegated, and for all intents and purposes we are relegated now.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Latest is Curbs ( The Whizz ) is next up after Fulham till the end of the season , being as Rodgers has turned us down and Potter will not say yeah till he see's where we finish , supposedly :roll: .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:27 pm Latest is Curbs ( The Whizz ) is next up after Fulham till the end of the season , being as Rodgers has turned us down and Potter will not say yeah till he see's where we finish , supposedly :roll: .
I have everything crossed that Rodgers ends up at N17. They deserve each other.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:26 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:27 pm Latest is Curbs ( The Whizz ) is next up after Fulham till the end of the season , being as Rodgers has turned us down and Potter will not say yeah till he see's where we finish , supposedly :roll: .
I have everything crossed that Rodgers ends up at N17. They deserve each other.
Couldn't agree more ! .