Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
JayK
Posts: 13798
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 11140
x 2093

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:24 am
JayK wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:09 am

Looking even more possible now
I was happy when it was 4-0. It meant that only the result in both ours and their game mattered. But Chelsea’s late goal means we need one of the results to have a 2+ goal margin.

Still - where there’s a ray of hope, there’s a way for the Irons to completely fuck it up.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That we will Oz. But I can see Newcastle playing their part and Moyes wants to help save Everton and keep momentum for the final. It’s gonna happen
COYI!!!

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 10027
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm
x 1359
x 1059

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:28 pm Moyes will go for it to help his old club out, 10 days til the final after this so he will most likely play his strongest team and quite possibly the team he’ll put out against Fiorentina.

Don’t expect many kids on the bench except Mubama and maybe Hegyi if he wants 2 keepers on the fuckin thing again.

I think we’ll win
Come on Jay , Moyes going for it :shock: :? would be an enigma , putting out his strongest team only shows he wants to keep the opposition from scoring , and while doing that hoping we can score , and if he can do that he see's it as a win . I hate his brand of football , always have , could never understand what all the fuss was about during his days at Everton , and still don't mate .

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 15970
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Huish Episcopi
x 1234
x 3483

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

It's a moot point anyway as I think Chelsea will get something against Newcastle. Logic tells me otherwise as the plastics have been continually awful for months and each time you think they've turned a corner they follow it up with a festering pile of shite.

But Toon have already got their CL place so I reckon a draw is on the cards.

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 13798
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 11140
x 2093

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:00 am
JayK wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:28 pm Moyes will go for it to help his old club out, 10 days til the final after this so he will most likely play his strongest team and quite possibly the team he’ll put out against Fiorentina.

Don’t expect many kids on the bench except Mubama and maybe Hegyi if he wants 2 keepers on the fuckin thing again.

I think we’ll win
Come on Jay , Moyes going for it :shock: :? would be an enigma , putting out his strongest team only shows he wants to keep the opposition from scoring , and while doing that hoping we can score , and if he can do that he see's it as a win . I hate his brand of football , always have , could never understand what all the fuss was about during his days at Everton , and still don't mate .
Ok, poor choice of words on my part. You’re right of course. Best 11 will be played was my meaning with the view to playing that same 11 in the final. Same tactics as always, try not to concede but try Nick a goal or 2 on the counter.
COYI!!!

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 13798
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 11140
x 2093

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:40 am It's a moot point anyway as I think Chelsea will get something against Newcastle. Logic tells me otherwise as the plastics have been continually awful for months and each time you think they've turned a corner they follow it up with a festering pile of shite.

But Toon have already got their CL place so I reckon a draw is on the cards.
Am I wrong in thinking 4th play qualifiers to get into the CL whereas 3rd place don’t, or play less qualifiers? If I’m right then there’s still something to play for. And Chelsea are shit so Newcastle will win 😃
COYI!!!

User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 7588
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 904
x 1770

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

JayK wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:35 am
palerider wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:40 am It's a moot point anyway as I think Chelsea will get something against Newcastle. Logic tells me otherwise as the plastics have been continually awful for months and each time you think they've turned a corner they follow it up with a festering pile of shite.

But Toon have already got their CL place so I reckon a draw is on the cards.
Am I wrong in thinking 4th play qualifiers to get into the CL whereas 3rd place don’t, or play less qualifiers? If I’m right then there’s still something to play for. And Chelsea are shit so Newcastle will win 😃
Good point Jay

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 19638
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 560
x 2454

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:35 am
palerider wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:40 am It's a moot point anyway as I think Chelsea will get something against Newcastle. Logic tells me otherwise as the plastics have been continually awful for months and each time you think they've turned a corner they follow it up with a festering pile of shite.

But Toon have already got their CL place so I reckon a draw is on the cards.
Am I wrong in thinking 4th play qualifiers to get into the CL whereas 3rd place don’t, or play less qualifiers? If I’m right then there’s still something to play for. And Chelsea are shit so Newcastle will win 😃
That used to be the case but for the last 3 or 4 years 4th place automatically goes into the group stages. That also applies to the Spanish, German and Italian leagues.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 13798
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 11140
x 2093

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:03 pm
JayK wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:35 am

Am I wrong in thinking 4th play qualifiers to get into the CL whereas 3rd place don’t, or play less qualifiers? If I’m right then there’s still something to play for. And Chelsea are shit so Newcastle will win 😃
That used to be the case but for the last 3 or 4 years 4th place automatically goes into the group stages. That also applies to the Spanish, German and Italian leagues.
Thanks for clarifying
COYI!!!

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 19638
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 560
x 2454

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:54 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:03 pm

That used to be the case but for the last 3 or 4 years 4th place automatically goes into the group stages. That also applies to the Spanish, German and Italian leagues.
Thanks for clarifying
How about this then for a dream scenario. Apparently the most teams one country can have in the CL is five. There is one situation where 4th place would miss out. So here;s the dream scenario. Bear with me because it's a bit long.
1. We win the Conference Cup and enter the Europa League in 2023/24
2. We win the Europa Cup and enter the Champions League in 2024/25
3. An English team (let's say Man City) wins the Champions League in 2024 but have a crap domestic season and finish outside the top 4. They still qualify for the CL as holders though. Still with me so far ?
4. Spurs finish 4th in 2023/24, behind, let's say, Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool
BUT
We have won the Europa League and by doing so enter the Champions League. That makes 4 teams. Manchester City, the holders, automatically enter it. That makes 5, which is the maximum allowed. So the poor sods who finish fourth miss out. Tragic.

I said it was long. Also extremely impriobable but, boy, wouldn't it be funny.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 13798
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 11140
x 2093

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:25 am
JayK wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:54 pm

Thanks for clarifying
How about this then for a dream scenario. Apparently the most teams one country can have in the CL is five. There is one situation where 4th place would miss out. So here;s the dream scenario. Bear with me because it's a bit long.
1. We win the Conference Cup and enter the Europa League in 2023/24
2. We win the Europa Cup and enter the Champions League in 2024/25
3. An English team (let's say Man City) wins the Champions League in 2024 but have a crap domestic season and finish outside the top 4. They still qualify for the CL as holders though. Still with me so far ?
4. Spurs finish 4th in 2023/24, behind, let's say, Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool
BUT
We have won the Europa League and by doing so enter the Champions League. That makes 4 teams. Manchester City, the holders, automatically enter it. That makes 5, which is the maximum allowed. So the poor sods who finish fourth miss out. Tragic.

I said it was long. Also extremely impriobable but, boy, wouldn't it be funny.
That would be hilarious, and yes I stayed with you. Can’t see city finishing that low though. Anything else is possible
COYI!!!

Post Reply