EUROPA LEAGUE 2023/24

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: EUROPA LEAGUE 2023/24

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:33 pm
JayK wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:29 pm
No trophy for only getting to the semis, so no. But, we beat Sevilla and Lyon who I believe are better than the best of what was put in front of us this time around
Let me rephrase - which was more difficult to achieve?
I’d say Europa was harder. But then we proved that by not winning it
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:14 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:10 pm

32 game?
Yeah . Moyes writes off the away games at the Sky 5 plus Tottenham so why shouldn’t I ?
Ah. Gotcha.

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

garnett wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:54 am
aklhammer wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:56 am Really chuffed we have a guaranteed 6-8 games in Europe again next year, and we got to use it to attract more quality recruits
The players certainly will, the rest of us will be awaiting punishment for the moronic behaviour, 1 or 2 games maybe, sounds severe but we are an English team.
As has been posted elsewhere we should get at least 8, unless we are bottom of the group (dropping to the ECL if third - and that’s the only way to retain the trophy!).

Since we are seeded we shouldn’t finish bottom. But it won’t be as easy as the ECL group which enabled good use of the squad.

As for the punishment for the behaviour in the final, I guess Alkmaar’s case will be heard first, and may be a clue. To me their behaviour was worse, although our lot’s was moronic and unforgivable too. I don’t suppose the Fiorentina Ultra’s unprovoked attack on our lads minding their own business in a bar will be punished by UEFA as it took place outside their jurisdiction.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

HamstasParadise wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:19 pm
garnett wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:54 am

The players certainly will, the rest of us will be awaiting punishment for the moronic behaviour, 1 or 2 games maybe, sounds severe but we are an English team.
As has been posted elsewhere we should get at least 8, unless we are bottom of the group (dropping to the ECL if third - and that’s the only way to retain the trophy!).

Since we are seeded we shouldn’t finish bottom. But it won’t be as easy as the ECL group which enabled good use of the squad.

As for the punishment for the behaviour in the final, I guess Alkmaar’s case will be heard first, and may be a clue. To me their behaviour was worse, although our lot’s was moronic and unforgivable too. I don’t suppose the Fiorentina Ultra’s unprovoked attack on our lads minding their own business in a bar will be punished by UEFA as it took place outside their jurisdiction.
Fans fighting against each other is almost a definite ban ...for 1 away game...or that seems the norm nowadays. But.....in this case a footballer was injured in the incident and that will be treated a lot more harshly I expect.......we will just have to wait....as I said in another post...let's hope they don't ban us from playing in Europe next season....

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:13 am
HamstasParadise wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:19 pm

Fans fighting against each other is almost a definite ban ...for 1 away game...or that seems the norm nowadays. But.....in this case a footballer was injured in the incident and that will be treated a lot more harshly I expect.......we will just have to wait....as I said in another post...let's hope they don't ban us from playing in Europe next season....
Though I doubt it will happen, there has been mention of punishment for the fan invasion of the pitch after the game. That I suppose might come down to scrutiny.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

h69

Post by h69 »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:30 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:13 am

Though I doubt it will happen, there has been mention of punishment for the fan invasion of the pitch after the game. That I suppose might come down to scrutiny.
More than a mention. It is official.

Interestingly there is nothing mentioned about any investigation or punishment of AZ yet. Maybe waiting for a police investigation.

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 16.57.59.png
Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 16.57.59.png (259.08 KiB) Viewed 481 times

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Club and fans punished for the actions of one dickhead.

Frustrating.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:36 pm Club and fans punished for the actions of one dickhead.

Frustrating.
Always been the case, but said dickhead should get a life ban. The others maybe temporary, and the pitch invaders..well what did they expect. If no-one was hurt then let it be. But I guess they need to be seen. doing something.

Towie

Post by Towie »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:53 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:36 pm Club and fans punished for the actions of one dickhead.

Frustrating.
Always been the case, but said dickhead should get a life ban. The others maybe temporary, and the pitch invaders..well what did they expect. If no-one was hurt then let it be. But I guess they need to be seen. doing something.
What happened to Eintracht? I mean their pitch invasion was 20 times worse, don’t recall their fans getting banned.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Towie wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:28 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:53 pm

What happened to Eintracht? I mean their pitch invasion was 20 times worse, don’t recall their fans getting banned.
Yes, just think they put it on paper.