West Ham Ins & Outs 2023/24

Chat about anything football related here!
FlatCapDave

Re: History repeating itself

Post by FlatCapDave »

palerider wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:12 am I notice Villa signed Moussa Diaby yesterday. They didn't fuck about either. One day they were linked, two days later signed. At the moment the only player we're remotely close to signing, still in doubt btw, is a kid who McFuckwit would have to be dragged kicking and screaming into penning his name in the starting X1.
You know why though, right? Diaby is very likely a player that Emery wanted to sign. If Diaby was a player that was being foisted upon Emery because the Director of Football and bumbling old fool of an owner wanted to sign him you wouldn't be long in seeing ol' Unai going radio rental and spitting the dummy.

As I said elsewhere, any signing a club makes has to be signed off by the actual manager. It doesn't work any other way.
palerider wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:12 amBorges may even sign but I wouldn't bet good money on it because of the lemur's reluctance to promise game time.
Absolutely no one should be promised game time. Who the fuck does this kid think he is? He just walks in and is guaranteed a place in the team? He should be promised nothing more than an opportunity to earn himself some game time. He needs to come in, get his fucking boots on and put in the effort on the training park like everyone else.

As I've said before, either Sullivan backs Moyes with the signings that he wants, not what some fucking democratic committee of fuckwits want, or you pay him up and send him on his way. Go hire some other fool who's happy to play that game.

It's not difficult.

eskimo joe

Re: West Ham Ins & Outs 2023/24

Post by eskimo joe »

"Everyone knows what you get with Moyes. Including Sullivan. Either back the guy and let him succeed or fail on his own merit, or pay him off and move on."

And Sullivan has done neither, or at the very least the first to a degree. Moyes got the moniker " Dithering Dave " and Sullivan has been no better, so those who have suggested that they are a match made for each other are possibly correct. The final statement in the last sentence cemented the bond, and was probably a deciding factor in Sullivan's reluctance to get rid at the end of last season.

But all is well, Billy Smart isn't in town so we will be fine. Or is he and will we?!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

The most telling rumour today is that Tim Steidten may walk. One of the most highly rated people in Europe could leave because of the shit show at this circus of a club. Brought in less than a month ago to overhaul the way we identify transfers but hamstrung by the fact that a dinosaur can if not overule him, at least put a giant tartan spoke in the works.

Obviously a manager can't operate when he's told what players are coming in. The point though, and the world and his dog knows it,is that the cunt's preferences are just plain wrong. His tactics should be consigned to history. And he should have been sacked as soon as the open top bus got back to the depot.

Sullivan couldn't run a fucking whelk stall.

JayK

Post by JayK »

FlatCapDave wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:59 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:21 pm It’s a ridiculous situation to find ourselves in yet again. You either bring in a DoF to compliment and work with the manager or you replace the manager if this DoF is the main man you want. Sullivan has done neither and from I’ve been reading is trying to appease both of them with their own chosen players (or some).
It's absolutely mental. Unless Sully is thinking he'll let Moyes ride out his contract then eventually get rid and bring in a manager who's more in-line with Steidtman.

But why not just get to the end of last season and say "thank you very much, it's time to move on" and end things there? We part on good terms, both parties can go their separate ways, and let Steidtman suggest a few potential appointments?

That's if Sullivan has faith in Steidtman, of course? I'm not 100% sure he does.

It's got the potential for being a complete disaster.
JayK wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:21 pmI do believe Moyes targets are the likes of Maguire, ward-prowse and Gallagher, while Steidtmans are Alvarez and Zakaria just to name a few for each. Personally I think Moyes preferred use of the money is not the right option with the system he plays. None are a direct or as close to possible replacement for Rice but are better in place of Soucek. But I don’t see Soucek ever being dropped, especially if he is indeed the new captain which it looks like.
I don't think Moyes is trying to replace Rice. He can't. We don't have the money or the appeal to bring in a player like-for-like. I can see him tweaking the system a bit and changing things up ever so slightly.

But you're right, those names mentioned are his types of signings. And see to be honest? It's who I'd rather we signed as well. We've went down the route of these foreign names who look good on YouTube highlights videos, then do fuck all when they get here.

If we can get Maguire and have him even close to the Leicester City version, along with Gallagher and Ward-Prowse? I'd be happy enough with that.

Everyone knows what you get with Moyes. Including Sullivan. Either back the guy and let him succeed or fail on his own merit, or pay him off and move on.
If he’s letting Moyes run down his contract, that’s ridiculous. I can kinda understand Sullivan’s reluctance to let Moyes go as it wasn’t looking too favourable when he done that last time and brought in Pellegrini. Sullivan has little trust in anyone other than himself, so that makes sense but highlights his indecisiveness and lack of a clear plan. Steidtman clearly has a good reputation across Europe but with Moyes as manager and Sullivan as owner, he is working with his hands tied behind his back. It already is a disaster. Moyes should be gone.

With regards the players, no, Rice won’t be replaced but at least look to bring in a DM for the system we play. Ward-prowse, Gallagher and McTominay are not DM’s. Soucek is not a DM. Downes is the nearest we have to that role at the minute. Getting any of the 3 just mentioned has to be the end of Soucek, but it won’t be. And yes, we have tried to buy from the continent before, but that wasn’t with the help of one of the best DoFs in Europe. Trust the man, let him do his stuff and buy younger potential with at least a bit of a sell on value. Maguire ain’t that I’m afraid.
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

palerider wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:30 am The most telling rumour today is that Tim Steidten may walk. One of the most highly rated people in Europe could leave because of the shit show at this circus of a club. Brought in less than a month ago to overhaul the way we identify transfers but hamstrung by the fact that a dinosaur can if not overule him, at least put a giant tartan spoke in the works.

Obviously a manager can't operate when he's told what players are coming in. The point though, and the world and his dog knows it,is that the cunt's preferences are just plain wrong. His tactics should be consigned to history. And he should have been sacked as soon as the open top bus got back to the depot.

If Steidten leaves,there will be uproar from our fans.Sullivan will never be able to walk into our stadium again imo.

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:56 am
palerider wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:30 am The most telling rumour today is that Tim Steidten may walk. One of the most highly rated people in Europe could leave because of the shit show at this circus of a club. Brought in less than a month ago to overhaul the way we identify transfers but hamstrung by the fact that a dinosaur can if not overule him, at least put a giant tartan spoke in the works.

If Steidten leaves,there will be uproar from our fans.Sullivan will never be able to walk into our stadium again imo.
If Steidten leaves, the fans would be the least of Sullivan’s worries. He would be a laughing stock within football, more than he is already. Having said that, a lot of the football world would jump on him for sacking Moyes after 3 successive European seasons and a European trophy win. He’s found himself in a lose lose situation. But don’t worry, he’s just secured a 104 year lease on the portacabins at the training ground. Genius
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

No signings yet then? :roll:

Whiskyman

Re: History repeating itself

Post by Whiskyman »

FlatCapDave wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:10 am
palerider wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:12 am I notice Villa signed Moussa Diaby yesterday. They didn't fuck about either. One day they were linked, two days later signed. At the moment the only player we're remotely close to signing, still in doubt btw, is a kid who McFuckwit would have to be dragged kicking and screaming into penning his name in the starting X1.
You know why though, right? Diaby is very likely a player that Emery wanted to sign. If Diaby was a player that was being foisted upon Emery because the Director of Football and bumbling old fool of an owner wanted to sign him you wouldn't be long in seeing ol' Unai going radio rental and spitting the dummy.

As I said elsewhere, any signing a club makes has to be signed off by the actual manager. It doesn't work any other way.
palerider wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:12 amBorges may even sign but I wouldn't bet good money on it because of the lemur's reluctance to promise game time.
Absolutely no one should be promised game time. Who the fuck does this kid think he is? He just walks in and is guaranteed a place in the team? He should be promised nothing more than an opportunity to earn himself some game time. He needs to come in, get his fucking boots on and put in the effort on the training park like everyone else.

As I've said before, either Sullivan backs Moyes with the signings that he wants, not what some fucking democratic committee of fuckwits want, or you pay him up and send him on his way. Go hire some other fool who's happy to play that game.

It's not difficult.
Of course no one should be guaranteed pitch time. However any potential recruit is entitled to ask about his pwn personal development. The obvious question being “will I be part of the first team selection pool.. Also not unreasonable to ask what the manager’s plans are for bringing him through into the first team. If a kid feels the only opps he’ll get are in domestic cup games or dead euro group stage fixtures he’s entitled to tell us to do one

But I doubt if he’s demanded anything. Probably just more click bait rumour creation to drive up viewer figures.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:30 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:56 am

If Steidten leaves, the fans would be the least of Sullivan’s worries. He would be a laughing stock within football, more than he is already. Having said that, a lot of the football world would jump on him for sacking Moyes after 3 successive European seasons and a European trophy win. He’s found himself in a lose lose situation. But don’t worry, he’s just secured a 104 year lease on the portacabins at the training ground. Genius
Nd don’t forget the deal he’s made for a big discount on some second hand Royal.Doulton crockery for the canteen.
Masterful stuff.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:21 pm
JayK wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:30 pm
Nd don’t forget the deal he’s made for a big discount on some second hand Royal.Doulton crockery for the canteen.
Masterful stuff.
No way he’d splash out that much.

And I just realised I said years and not weeks for the portacabins :lol:
COYI!!!