West Ham vs Crystal Palace Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: West Ham vs Crystal Palace Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:55 am
normannomates wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:48 pm

EVENING MRS MOYSIE.....
I bet she's the only one that can tolerate the cunt.
And that's probably for his money. Couldn't possibly for anything else.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Towie

Post by Towie »

Another game where I’m sat there bored shitless.

Bring on next season. Ffs
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

That's 3 (at least) piss poor performances in a row, but one that was at least predictable and perhaps even understandable given the fact that we competed in Europe mid week.

I do not fancy facing the Spuds mid week with how we are playing.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

normannomates wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:42 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:36 pm

But if we are honest City handed them a point on a plate today. They could and should have been 3 or 4 up at half time. Second half City did what City do far too often imo. They dropped into second gear and paid the price.

I do wish we had Son and LoCelso though.
you say that.and youre correct that Man City should have been out of sight by half time.....but thats how the bubble aussie bloke plays....its risky and brave as fuck IMO...makes me feel sick saying it ...but i enjoy that kind of football. they didnt cower to Man City.

i fear im finally going to be sectioned again after the scouse cup game ...after MOYSIE sets up the same way as his previous 70 odd ZERO away wins at the so called 'top six'
As a neutral I agree. Great to watch. But if I was a Spurs fan, and I'd say the same about Brighton, I'd hate the headless chicken approach tbh. I totally agree Moyes is over defemsive and the football we play can be bloody turgid, but the ideal formula is somewhere in the middle. Good defending is , at least for me, just as enjoyable to watch as good attacking play.. But GOOD defending doesn't mean just wellying the ball upfield aimmlessly. One of the best players of all time imo, Paolo Maldini, once said "If I have to make a tackle I've already made a mistake" and there's a lot of truth in that statement.

Boelsa is another one who adopts an all out attack, gung ho, game. And I had a chuckle when he was still at Leeds and I heard a Leeds fan on a radio phone in slagging him off and saying he's love to see David Moyes in charge. I know who the neutrals would prefer to watch but if you want trophies Mourinho trumps the fat Aussie or deZerbi every time imo. You will notice I said Mourinho and not Moyes I hope. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:48 am That's 3 (at least) piss poor performances in a row, but one that was at least predictable and perhaps even understandable given the fact that we competed in Europe mid week.

I do not fancy facing the Spuds mid week with how we are playing.
I'd agree with that steatement if we'd actually competed in Europe. But we didn't, did we ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A decent start and a well worked goal then the inevitable
sit back and fuck around with the ball you knew what was going to happen.
It did a gift. from our own defender how many times has that happened this fucking season.
We were fucking about getting nowhere then the silly cunt decides in the 88th fucking minute to put on one sub ,fucking Fornals :lol:

I seriously think the Jock cunt is deliberately taking the fucking piss.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:07 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:50 pm Who’s gonna admit…spurs are the team we aspire to be…song and kulaski are absolute mustard. They are quick and pacey and incisive. A good watch. ……there I said it.
In that case I have some goods news for you .........they will be able to tear someone a new arse on Thursday night when they next play ....should be a Good watch .......oh.....hang on :shock:
hmmmm well if i watch it will be from behind the sofa....and until we are 4 down..(cant say 3 because we've already mastered that fightback!)

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Now that was a truly woeful performance. Sad to say, but one of many of late. Not looking forward to the Spuds on Thursday. We could take a hiding if we play like that FFS!
Flairon

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Flairon wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:36 am Now that was a truly woeful performance. Sad to say, but one of many of late. Not looking forward to the Spuds on Thursday. We could take a hiding if we play like that FFS!

Sadly, playing like that has become the norm nowadays.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Towie

Post by Towie »

I note that Mavropanos has not been singled out for this game for the mistake? However if it was Aguerd who had done it? 🤔
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.