Pacman Charged Now For Betting

Chat about anything football related here!
dagenhamdave

Pacman Charged Now For Betting

Post by dagenhamdave »

JayK

Re: Pacman Charged Now For Betting

Post by JayK »

dagenhamdave wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:09 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... llxjxq955o

Bang goes our £85M from Man City.
No wonder we tried to sell him in the summer
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Career ending if true.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Just listened to some lawyer on the radio. His theory is that Paqueta's advisors recently demanded that either he was charged or that the case was dropped. He feels they have made a knee jerk decision to charge him. He also said that as the alleged offence is of a criminal nature it is reasonabkle to ask why the police and the CPS are not involved, And because they are not he said it was reasonable to assume that the normal weight of evidence required to pursue criminal matters is not present.

He ended up by saying that this is the same F A who have dragged their heels repeatedly over 115 offences allegedly committed by Manchester City. His view is that the F A are going to get their arse severley kicked by "one of the most expensive legal treams ever assembled" and that if Paqueta is found guuilty by an F A "Kangaroo Court" (his words) the player will immediately launch a counter suit against them for denying him the right to work.

Could get interesting. And I got the impression the lawyer, don't know his name because I wasn't listening right at the start, is no great fan of the FA. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

deanox

Post by deanox »

This is disappointing from a cheating perspective, but It's not the end of the world at least he didn't try to influence the results just yellow cards.
I'm from the camp that if he's banned for 6 months and will lose a couple of million quid, I hope it will straighten him up (if found guilty).
On a positive note, if we stand by him through a ban, he will come back and be an asset to us and thankful Man citeh will fade away.
There is no doubt he is extremely talented and getting him back fit and healthy for the end of next season will be like getting a new signing.

Ok putting on my tin hat and ready for a whooping from you guys. I just look at Ivan Toney and believe if you do your time that should mean you have paid for the crime.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

palerider

Post by palerider »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:37 pm Heres the yellows....

https://www.skysports.com/football/vide ... fa-charges
Yes, saw them earlier. Tbh, the last two don't look anything out of the ordinary, the first two don't look great. But this is a player who looked like he was trying to get sent off at Wembley so is that under suspicion too ?

Granit Xhaka's investigation took 18 months before they dropped it and as the Brazilian betting market is unregulated meaning it's difficult to identify individual bets, this could take a while and he's able to play until anything is concrete against him.

Whether he's in a fit state to play is another matter. A bit like his form since the new year really.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

City won’t want to touch him for fear of tarnishing their squeaky clean reputation.

IndianHammer

Post by IndianHammer »

deanox wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:34 pm This is disappointing from a cheating perspective, but It's not the end of the world at least he didn't try to influence the results just yellow cards.
I'm from the camp that if he's banned for 6 months and will lose a couple of million quid, I hope it will straighten him up (if found guilty).
On a positive note, if we stand by him through a ban, he will come back and be an asset to us and thankful Man citeh will fade away.
There is no doubt he is extremely talented and getting him back fit and healthy for the end of next season will be like getting a new signing.

Ok putting on my tin hat and ready for a whooping from you guys. I just look at Ivan Toney and believe if you do your time that should mean you have paid for the crime.
The thing in this case is not just betting Deano. This charge is for match fixing which is potentially career ending. If he is found guilty then could be banned 5+ years.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

IndianHammer wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:44 am
deanox wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:34 pm This is disappointing from a cheating perspective, but It's not the end of the world at least he didn't try to influence the results just yellow cards.

The thing in this case is not just betting Deano. This charge is for match fixing which is potentially career ending. If he is found guilty then could be banned 5+ years.
Match fixing should be life.