Pacman Charged Now For Betting

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Re: Pacman Charged Now For Betting

Post by OZHAMMER »

IndianHammer wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:44 am
deanox wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:34 pm This is disappointing from a cheating perspective, but It's not the end of the world at least he didn't try to influence the results just yellow cards.
I'm from the camp that if he's banned for 6 months and will lose a couple of million quid, I hope it will straighten him up (if found guilty).
On a positive note, if we stand by him through a ban, he will come back and be an asset to us and thankful Man citeh will fade away.
There is no doubt he is extremely talented and getting him back fit and healthy for the end of next season will be like getting a new signing.

Ok putting on my tin hat and ready for a whooping from you guys. I just look at Ivan Toney and believe if you do your time that should mean you have paid for the crime.
The thing in this case is not just betting Deano. This charge is for match fixing which is potentially career ending. If he is found guilty then could be banned 5+ years.
Match fixing should be life.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

“ Paquetta denies wrong doing and any knowledge of the suspicious bets, which have been traced to Paquetta island , off the coast of Rio Janiero”

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

genuine article in paper..fuckin pissed myself :lol:

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

He’s charged with a lesser offence of spot fixing.

Towie

Post by Towie »

If guilty, and banned for life.
Hope the club sue the fucker.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

IndianHammer wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:44 am
deanox wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:34 pm This is disappointing from a cheating perspective, but It's not the end of the world at least he didn't try to influence the results just yellow cards.
I'm from the camp that if he's banned for 6 months and will lose a couple of million quid, I hope it will straighten him up (if found guilty).
On a positive note, if we stand by him through a ban, he will come back and be an asset to us and thankful Man citeh will fade away.
There is no doubt he is extremely talented and getting him back fit and healthy for the end of next season will be like getting a new signing.

Ok putting on my tin hat and ready for a whooping from you guys. I just look at Ivan Toney and believe if you do your time that should mean you have paid for the crime.
The thing in this case is not just betting Deano. This charge is for match fixing which is potentially career ending. If he is found guilty then could be banned 5+ years.
No, it's not match fixing, it's something called "spot betting". What he';s been charged for is something which he can affect directly which makes it more serious than just betting on the outcome of a game which you're not involved in, which is apparently what Toney did. The lawyer on the prog I caught a bit of said that what Toney did didn't break criminal law but what Paqueta is accused of does. But he also said unless someboday actually has physical evidence of him agreeing to get booked he would never be convicted in a court of law. A point which he made when he asked why the police and the CPS aren't all over it. In other words there is no hard evidence. But, again apparently, the FA is a law unto itself whiuch is why the point was made that, if suspended, Paqueta would have the option of sueing the F A for loss of earnings, plus punitive damages , at which time the F A would have to provide evidence that any ban was fair and just.

At least I think that's what the man with the funny wig on meant. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:27 am “ Paquetta denies wrong doing and any knowledge of the suspicious bets, which have been traced to Paquetta island , off the coast of Rio Janiero”

“Off the coast of…..”.
It’s in Guanabara Bay which is a wide inlet.
Pissed up hacks can’t even be arsed to look at a map, so what chance do they have with the fine details……
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

His home town island, all the family and old schoolboy pals, local law enforcement, everyone down the main pub. All giving it large with new sombreros, new donkeys, cigars for all, tequila till the sun comes up. Should have kept schtumm but couldn't help themselves. Oh well, local boy made good until he got caught. :lol:
Not the first and won't be the last. Until they do away with the stupid things you can bet on.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

Is OJ Simpson's brief still alive ?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

ToneLoc wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:54 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:27 am “ Paquetta denies wrong doing and any knowledge of the suspicious bets, which have been traced to Paquetta island , off the coast of Rio Janiero”

“Off the coast of…..”.
It’s in Guanabara Bay which is a wide inlet.
Pissed up hacks can’t even be arsed to look at a map, so what chance do they have with the fine details……
Still fuckin brilliant bit of journalism tone, made my morning , proper piss take :D

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Bods are paying FAR too much attention to the in and outs of the bookings he received.

It's IRRELEVANT...

It's all about PROVING HIS LINKS TO SPOT FIXING.

If they do...he's toast