THE Payet thread ....

Chat about anything football related here!
wokinghama

Re: i Payet to Man United: Jose Mourinho holds shock talks with West Ham star

Post by wokinghama »

Taansend wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Im "assuming" your asking the question so you can point out a grammatical or punctuation errors?!

It wont be football orientated.
No mate, I am genuinely interested in why you think Payet is an "egotistical wanker".

But while I'm at it, you did put the word "assuming" in quotation marks when you wasn't actually quoting anyone :D

But my question is genuine. Is Payet an egotistical wanker? And if so, what has he done to make you feel this way? I know he's not reaching the heights of last ear but no one else it either.

"Wasn't" :lol:
Chim Chimeney

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Taansend wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Im "assuming" your asking the question so you can point out a grammatical or punctuation errors?!

It wont be football orientated.

But my question is genuine. Is Payet an egotistical wanker? And if so, what has he done to make you feel this way? I know he's not reaching the heights of last ear but no one else it either.
I dunno but I'd like to know what happened to his last ear ?
Sounds painful :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Re: The ONLY Dimitri Payet thread (take the hint)

Post by palerider »

Payet should be sold. End of.

Doubtful it will be to Man U but if it is, because they offer the most, so fucking what ? Because money is all that counts for the Chuckles.

And to be honest, we'd be better off without him. You'd hope that they would at least get something right and recruit some players who actually want to wear the shirt. Because on Saturday night he was a disgrace. One free-kick that led to a goal. Wow....let me play with myself. When Ferguson realised that Beckham stopped doing the grafting and relied only on his delivery skills he got shipped out sharpish. And Golden Balls was twice the player Payet will ever be.

Payet is one of the reasons we're in the shit.

onethirtyeight

Post by onethirtyeight »

cockneyhammer wrote:
onethirtyeight wrote:I am getting kind of sick of Payet rumours, as I am pretty sure people just make this shit up

click bait.

bit that got me mate was the talks already taken place your click bait theory could be right will be interesting what the board do if a big bid does get put on the table
Yeah, that would be my concern too. But my doubt comes from the fact that these kinds of rumours were rife over the summer and came to nothing. And the language used in the articles never quotes a solid source, and is always sure to say "apparently" and "allegedly". Websites like that get revenue through advertising, so it is in their interest to generate traffic to their site with big headlines and rumour articles. And we all know that the press are often economical with the truth. From day one there has been a bunch of people who believe he is too good for us, and because of that everyone is linking him with clubs who are better than us because people will believe it.

I also don't think the club will sell him right now. Unless it was huge money. But I don't think anyone is going to offer huge money for a 29 year old player who is underperforming. Maybe I am wrong, but one of his biggest criticisms prior to coming to us was that he can be lazy, and that seems to be ringing true again. If he wants to go next summer, he will need to step up his game (in my opinion).

All that said, I would hate to see him go there or any other Premier League club.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Newmarket wrote:
Taansend wrote:

I dunno but I'd like to know what happened to his last ear ?
Sounds painful :i am genuinely amused:
My fucking Y keeps sticking :lol:

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

wokinghama wrote:
Taansend wrote:
No mate, I am genuinely interested in why you think Payet is an "egotistical wanker".

But while I'm at it, you did put the word "assuming" in quotation marks when you wasn't actually quoting anyone :D

"Wasn't" :i am genuinely amused:
Will go back to the fact he wanted (did) play for France (for a meaningless friendly then a World Cup Qualifier) when he couldn't be arsed donning our shirt for a game at The Etihad!!!

Do I know " for definite" he was asked and declined?!

No of course I don't.

All I know is he wasn't fit to play for us on the weekend but 2/3 days
later he's fit enough to sit on the bench for his country and then another 2 or 3 days later he's fit enough to start for them( surprise surprise).

Oh and the fact that all he wants to do now for us is fall down whenever anybody comes within 20 yards of him, have no interest in the tracking back back to help his teamates s and the team whilst standing posturing over free kicks which are now totally and utterly abject.

Just " for the record" I tend to use quotation marks to HIGHLIGHT what I am saying as in what is my main point...if that's wrong then it's wrong.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

He has been treated like Royalty. You can be the best player in the world if you don't track back or tackle you better do the business at the other end otherwise you go from being the bollocks to bollocks!!
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Porterman wrote:
wokinghama wrote:

"Wasn't" :i am genuinely amused:
Will go back to the fact he wanted (did) play for France (for a meaningless friendly then a World Cup Qualifier) when he couldn't be arsed donning our shirt for a game at The Etihad!!!

No of course I don't.

later he's fit enough to sit on the bench for his country and then another 2 or 3 days later he's fit enough to start for them( surprise surprise).

Oh and the fact that all he wants to do now for us is fall down whenever anybody comes within 20 yards of him, have no interest in the tracking back back to help his teamates s and the team whilst standing posturing over free kicks which are now totally and utterly abject.

Just " for the record" I tend to use quotation marks to HIGHLIGHT what I am saying as in what is my main point...if that's wrong then it's wrong.
Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it. I disagree but each to their own.

And PUTTING WORDS IN CAPITALS is better than "quotation marks" if you want them to stand out. "" means you are quoting someone so it takes away from your point because people are then wondering who you are quoting.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Taansend wrote:
Porterman wrote:

No of course I don't.

Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it. I disagree but each to their own.

And PUTTING WORDS IN CAPITALS is better than "quotation marks" if you want them to stand out. "" means you are quoting someone so it takes away from your point because people are then wondering who you are quoting.
So you think he played for us at The Etihad?!

Trev1980

Post by Trev1980 »

If Payets atitude is all wrong then drop him.Don't give him the big move he wants let him sit on the bench for the rest of the season.Im sure come next season when he wants to get into the French team for the world cup finals his form and work rate will return.