Cup of tea with Geo & Gonzo Ep5

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: Cup of tea with Geo & Gonzo Ep5

Post by 1498 »

Newmarket wrote:
1498 wrote:

Chicken, appreciate your opinions but they are wrong.

Bilic has minimal say in the signings and it will be the same for the next manager, so Bilic losing his job in the future has no relevance on signings.
Im thinking that that may be what Chicken Runner just said ?
This was the part I was responding to.

Either way I think signing players in this window is pointless. They awill be signed as a sop to fans.
The professional way is to appreciate we aren't going down, take a breath and actually plan for the summer including manager, signings, defining roles and fan PR....but you know it will just be a lot of reactionary bull sh*t to try and fool fans.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

1498 wrote:
Newmarket wrote:
Im thinking that that may be what Chicken Runner just said ?

Either way I think signing players in this window is pointless. They awill be signed as a sop to fans.
The professional way is to appreciate we aren't going down, take a breath and actually plan for the summer including manager, signings, defining roles and fan PR....but you know it will just be a lot of reactionary bull sh*t to try and fool fans.
I couldn't agree more (as I think will most people as it's sensible considering what we knower about Sullivan & Gold).
However the way I read the passage you highlighted above , I think CR is hinting that maybe no matter how little they spend in this window , they don't trust Bilic to use his tools properly even if they bought him Senor Messi :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner »

Newmarket wrote:
1498 wrote:

I couldn't agree more (as I think will most people as it's sensible considering what we knower about Sullivan & Gold).
However the way I read the passage you highlighted above , I think CR is hinting that maybe no matter how little they spend in this window , they don't trust Bilic to use his tools properly even if they bought him Senor Messi :i am genuinely amused:
Exactly!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

How many shots of single malt go into Geo's cuppa do you reckon?
Must be fucking taters up there in the Arctic Circle this time of year.
I reckon a triple shot myself.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

JayK

Post by JayK »

ToneLoc wrote:How many shots of single malt go into Geo's cuppa do you reckon?
Must be fucking taters up there in the Arctic Circle this time of year.
I reckon a triple shot myself.
I doubt they reach the cuppa :P
COYI!!!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Regarding the discussion about SuGo's offers to Defoe and Snodgrass........another knock-on effect of opening a bid so low is that you develop a reputation in the market as "small-time, time-wasters" and this generates a LOT of resentment at other clubs and they simply will NOT do business with you.
I fear some of this damage has already been done and we're seeing clubs failing to take us a serious players in the market.

It really is a simple case of "put up or shut up".
Last edited by ToneLoc on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah....."United"

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

ToneLoc wrote:Regarding the discussion about SuGo's offers to Defoe and Snodgrass........another knock-on effective of opening a bid so low is that you develop a reputation in the market as "small-time, time-wasters" and this generates a LOT of resentment at other clubs and they simply will NOT do business with you.
I fear some of this damage has already been done and we're seeing clubs failing to take us a serious players in the market.

It's a good point as well. They often remind us how Liverpool are difficult to deal with, Spurs won't pick up the phone and I wouldn't be surprised if one or two other Premier League clubs just don't want to deal with them anymore.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

redhammer wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Regarding the discussion about SuGo's offers to Defoe and Snodgrass........another knock-on effective of opening a bid so low is that you develop a reputation in the market as "small-time, time-wasters" and this generates a LOT of resentment at other clubs and they simply will NOT do business with you.

It's a good point as well. They often remind us how Liverpool are difficult to deal with, Spurs won't pick up the phone and I wouldn't be surprised if one or two other Premier League clubs just don't want to deal with them anymore.
Added to that is that other clubs know that as soon as they start talking to West Ham, they can be sure it'll be pasted all over social media within 24 hours. Many clubs like to work discreetly. Discretion doesn't appear to be SuGo's strong point. Even if their intentions are to be discreet, there always seem to be plenty of willing "sources" inside the club or in-the-know that are happy to talk.
So, even without Sullivan's chit-chat to the media or Gold's & Sullivan Jnr's Twitter antics........there seems to be a leakage problem.
Time for the plumbers methinks.
Yeah....."United"

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark »

Just like to say you guys are doing a great job with the videos and the boats... much appreciated as it's nice to know I'm not the only one who suffering disappointment right now... hang about not just now but the last forty odd years give or take a few good moments lol.
I have been supporting this Crazy club since the early seventies so I shouldn't expect too much by now... but I hope and dream of some consistent glory days so still get a little down every time my hopes are crushed once again.... but it's what being West Ham is about ....we are more than just winning...how many games over the years when getting beat we continue to sing .... the ability to laugh about ourselves is what sets us apart from the others... win or lose we need to just let the owners and management get on with it... try and trust in them, because I'm sure they want the same as us.
We as supporters just need to get behind the team as vocally as possible (be the twelfth , thirteenth & fourteenth men) because we defo need a few extra at the moment, and most importantly be our happy humorous selves no matter what the score is ...We will have good times again !
Keep up the Good Work fellas...
Come on you Irons !

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

I'm not convinced about the boards intentions,it seems they don't want to spend too much.I think they expected to have had a handsome offer for the club by now, after the "deal of the century move".
This window is crucial,because I don't think we're safe,in terms of form,we have to be down there.
Bilic isn't playing the same football this year,where has the high pressing,quick tempo,we'll out score you attitude gone,same players?
I'd be happy with survival this year,then next year something has to change.COYI