Snodgrass can't be good.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Snodgrass can't be good.

Post by Whiskyman »

Morseman wrote:Slight digression but we love the Scottish at West Ham. Ray Stewart, Frank Macavennie, Neil Orr, Christian Dailly and not forgetting the great Sandy Clark of course.
But you have forgotten the goalkeeping legend that was Allan McKnight. Unbelievable as it sounds I think we actually paid money for him.

If there was a flu epidemic going round the club he wouldn't even have caught that.

And I know he was a Northern Ireland international but we signed him from the pub league so he qualifies as a sweaty in my book. The mystery is how he ever came to acquire the accolade of "international goalkeeper".
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The man puts in a shift, that's fine by me.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

I actually think it's signings like this that bring the club closer to what we all had imagined with the move. With the core squad we have now we don't need but 2 or 3 "marquee" signings. I wouldn't limit it to a 30m striker, I would take a world class player at any position. Look what the FFC did for the players around him, if we sign one of the best defenders or wingers or strikers in the world (pref 2 or 3 ) and add to players like Snodgrass, Reid, Carroll, Kouyate, Obiang, Cresswell and Lanzini, we are well on our way to the European places.
#fuckqatar2022

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Porterman wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:
Wtf,..Have you been drinking?Don`t call me a fool.No need for it.

Not all players have to cost £30 million to be a success?Payet,Kante for example,between them,cost half that price?
I was assuming you knew the irony of my reply (and the thread) Terry?!

If not sorry.

Cmon Porter, can't you have a proper pop at Snodgrass? This would almost guarantee a couple of goals and an assist against the Baggies!
#fuckqatar2022

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Hammertime wrote:
Porterman wrote:
I was assuming you knew the irony of my reply (and the thread) Terry?!

If not sorry.

Cmon Porter, can't you have a proper pop at Snodgrass? This would almost guarantee a couple of goals and an assist against the Baggies!
Why would I do that.

Good player.

Proved it at Norwich.

And had a decent few minutes ( in a shambolic performance v Ciy) followed by a pretty decent whole game v Soton.

He's already done more in our shirt than Obiang has done in his entire time with us.

These things are easy to see.

You just have to have a modicum of knowledge.

Nae luck then.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Porterman wrote:
Hammertime wrote:

Why would I do that.

Good player.

Proved it at Norwich.

And had a decent few minutes ( in a shambolic performance v Ciy) followed by a pretty decent whole game v Soton.

He's already done more in our shirt than Obiang has done in his entire time with us.

These things are easy to see.

You just have to have a modicum of knowledge.

Nae luck then.
"A modicum of knowlege" more like a fuckallcum of knowledge.

Good then, lets keep popping off on Obiang, you're labours last week got us a goal and an assist, or maybe you want to get back onto Carroll so he can score another brace! Either way, Snodgrass looks good and should do more in the shirt in less time given both his age and career in the Prem. Obiang came to us as a 22 year old overseas player and in his 2nd season is starting to look like the business. Lets see where he is when he's Snodgrass' age.
#fuckqatar2022

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Newmarket wrote:Not forgetting Bobby Ferguson and John Cushley of course .
Tommy McQueen too .

Wasn't Vic Keeble a Jock too ?

Probably just sounded like one ....
Not sure about Keble, but John Dick certainly was a Scot; he was my old mans favourite player back in the 50's and his goals lifted us back into the old Div 1 after over 20 years in the 2nd Division

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

dorsetdano wrote:
Newmarket wrote:Not forgetting Bobby Ferguson and John Cushley of course .
Tommy McQueen too .

Wasn't Vic Keeble a Jock too ?

Probably just sounded like one ....
Not sure about Keble, but John Dick certainly was a Scot; he was my old mans favourite player back in the 50's and his goals lifted us back into the old Div 1 after over 20 years in the 2nd Division
That's right Dan I think that's who I was thinking of ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Newmarket wrote:
dorsetdano wrote: Not sure about Keble, but John Dick certainly was a Scot; he was my old mans favourite player back in the 50's and his goals lifted us back into the old Div 1 after over 20 years in the 2nd Division
That's right Dan I think that's who I was thinking of ;)
Everyone seems to have forgotten Hutch though ....
Bring back Jonathon !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

And let's not forget Tom McAlister.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.