The Judas trio.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

The Judas trio.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

We've had our fair share of whingers over the years, but three players have left us in rather acrimonious circumstances.
Defoe.
Ince.
Payet.
If you could bring back one in their prime, who would it be and why?

Personally I loathe all three of them, but I'd have to bring back Defoe, a natural goalscorer. What say you.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Re: The Judas trio.

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote:We've had our fair share of whingers over the years, but three players have left us in rather acrimonious circumstances.
Defoe.
Ince.
Payet.
If you could bring back one in their prime, who would it be and why?

Personally I loathe all three of them, but I'd have to bring back Defoe, a natural goalscorer. What say you.
Yep.

Ratboy definitely.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

In his prime it would have to be Ince for me. With Defoe a very close second.

Left in fairly acrimonious circumstances but apparently always kept in touch with John Lyall up until his death. I'm prepared to put the shirt wearing episode down to the fact he was a young kid who was badly advised by his agent. Let's be honest he could hardly be blamed for fucking off to Man United considering the state we were in at the time.

And in his prime one of the best midfielders of his type in Europe.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

I'm too young to have seen Ince play so I can only comment on the other 2.

Out of them 2 I'd have to say Defoe, purely cos of his goal scoring record, we've lacked a proper goalscorer for years, he would of solved that. Also, you could forgive Defoe for being a badly advised teenager, Payet is a 29 year old man, no excuses for acting like a cunt at that age.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

If we are talking about purely footballing reasons , talent etc then Payet for me every time .
Skill wise the greatest player I've ever seen in a West Ham shirt and a complete joy to watch.
Even though he is the biggest cunt of the lot.
Bring back Jonathon !

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Whiskyman wrote:In his prime it would have to be Ince for me. With Defoe a very close second.

Left in fairly acrimonious circumstances but apparently always kept in touch with John Lyall up until his death. I'm prepared to put the shirt wearing episode down to the fact he was a young kid who was badly advised by his agent. Let's be honest he could hardly be blamed for fucking off to Man United considering the state we were in at the time.

And in his prime one of the best midfielders of his type in Europe.
Spot on.

Read an interview in OLAS with him back in the late 90's and it still bothered him how it all happened.

Blame Ambrose Mendy, not Ince.

I'll never forget his goal when we best Liverpool 4 nil.

deanox

Post by deanox »

Tough one this one, but if I had to pick it would be Ince. I always enjoyed watching him play. Had his head turned and wearing the red shirt definitely means he's the biggest cunt of all three, which actually is a shame as I think he gave 100% when he played for us.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Bit hard not to let feelings get in the way so I'm gonna choose the one I dislike the least.DeFoe. In what order do I rate them it would be Pooette, DeFoe and Ince.or is it Pooette Ince and DeFoe. or even Ince Pooette DeFoe. Each offered different things, but out of the 3 I would place Ince last.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

LeeWHU88 wrote:I'm too young to have seen Ince play so I can only comment on the other 2.
Thanks Lee. That makes me feel fucking old.

You cunt. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I would put all three against a wall and shoot them .