West Ham v West Brom Official match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Taansend

Re: West Ham v West Brom Official match thread

Post by Taansend »

Ibbyham wrote:i remember Defoe was very good scoring for us and has Roeder not relegated us in 2003, Defoe could have stayed in our club longer and now he still is a very good goal scoring, even at 34 as Defoe is very similar to Sheringham.
Is there another Sherringham that I'm not aware of?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ibbyham wrote:i remember Defoe was very good scoring for us and has Roeder not relegated us in 2003, Defoe could have stayed in our club longer and now he still is a very good goal scoring, even at 34 as Defoe is very similar to Sheringham.
Your comparisons do make me chuckle :lol:
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote:
Your comparisons do make me chuckle :i am genuinely amused:
Well at least they look alike :)
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Taansend wrote:
Is there another Sherringham that I'm not aware of?
Actually Teddy has a son who played League 2 football but not as strong as Teddy
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote:
JayK wrote:
Your comparisons do make me chuckle :i am genuinely amused:
Well at least they look alike :)
:lol:
COYI!!!

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Their striker would be my number 1 target in the summer.

frogiron

Re: WHAT DOES BILLIC DO NOW?

Post by frogiron »

garnett wrote:I am going to confidently predict that we will safe, all bar the shouting, by the end of February, this will then allow him to take a leisurely look around and make discreet enquiries as to whom he wishes to bring to our great club.

Gold has stated again that we are aiming for 66,000, to achieve that we need big signings.

Get in early.
Morning Alf -

Hope you're well old boy :)

Love the optimism mate. But do you ever, really, expect our lot to be "discreet" in the transfer market?

I'd love to see it mate, but I do doubt their ability in that regard. They are more likely to announce to the press they are going after Suarez, Lacazette and Aquero, get the teenage kid to tweet the entire world a blow-by-blow account of our embarrassing efforts, then on the final day, go all out for some bloke with one leg from an african country nobody has ever heard of whose brother once played for Tranmere and who has a good youtube video made by his cousin Ndambaningi. But he'll be cheap, so it's all good.

:)
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

rajahirons

Post by rajahirons »

Really looking forward to this one. I think 8th will be our highest possible finish and this match offers a 6 point swing!

They actually play decent counter attacking football evident in their recent 1-0 home win against stoke. They had 37% possession and still managed to get 15 shots 3 more than Stoke. Phillips and Chadli can be devastating on the counter with Rondon always a threat.

I'm not sure that a 4-4-2 will work against them, we will be too exposed on the counter. We will most likely dominate possession and will need to have numbers in the midfield. Antonio will be floating around and Snodgrass will be a must have for his crosses and set pieces.

Randolph
Kouyate -- Reid -- Fonte
Snodgrass -- Obiang -- Noble -- Cresswell
Lanzini
Antonio -- Carroll

JayK

Post by JayK »

Although I'm a firm believer of not changing a winning team, I don't see Kouyate as a RB. Having said that, I don't rate Byram at the moment. So now I'm undecided. Which is the less of the 2 evils?

If we played 352, I think that would suit Both Byram and Kouyate better. Then have Noble, Obiang and Lanzini in the middle with Snoddy on the left and Antonio and Carroll up front. That does mean having Ginge in CB which I know a lot of you don't rate.

With this in mind, I would put kouyate on the right as his pace and aerial ability will support Ginge better.

I guess my team would be...

Randolph
Ginge Reid Fonte
Kouyate Noble Obiang Lanzini Snodgrass
Antonio Carroll

Subs:
Adrian
Byram
Fernandes
Ayew
Feghouli
Fletcher