Carroll and England

Chat about anything football related here!
Jphammer

Carroll and England

Post by Jphammer »

two words that start to make me twitch . According the Daily Snail Southgate is going to be at the LS on Saturday to see how AC is getting on with a view for the England games.

I think we all agree that don't want him any where near the England squad, he's on fire at the moment and Bilic seems to be managing his playing time well. You just know it would be our luck he get injured and be Ashton all over again.

Lets hope he doesnt get picked and he can have a weeks rest .
PEBCAK = Problem Exist Between Chair And Keyboard

JayK

Re: Carroll and England

Post by JayK »

Ffs that's all we need. He's great when he's fit and a real handful for any team on his day. When he's like that, he deserves a call up. But fuckin hell, you know it's a disaster waiting to happen
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I think the England manager needs to be seen to be looking at any English player that is in good form .

Doesn't mean he'll get picked and imo probably won't be .

Who are England playing this time anyway ? Like I'm bothered ....
Bring back Jonathon !

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

I think he needs it. If he gets overlooked then it can be a slap in the face for a footballer, a demotivater. The only striker ahead of him right now should be Kane with Andy and Defoe as the other two, unless am forgetting someone.

If Gareth could agree he will only play in one of the games at most then I think that would suit all parties. The more West Ham players in the England squad, the better for our profile and appeal to young talent out there who will have aspirations of featuring for the 3 lions one day. Will it ever sway a player to choose West Ham over Stoke? I don't know, but it won't sway them in the direction of the Bet365 and that's for sure.

Jphammer

Post by Jphammer »

redhammer wrote:I think he needs it. If he gets overlooked then it can be a slap in the face for a footballer, a demotivater. The only striker ahead of him right now should be Kane with Andy and Defoe as the other two, unless am forgetting someone.

If Gareth could agree he will only play in one of the games at most then I think that would suit all parties. The more West Ham players in the England squad, the better for our profile and appeal to young talent out there who will have aspirations of featuring for the 3 lions one day. Will it ever sway a player to choose West Ham over Stoke? I don't know, but it won't sway them in the direction of the Bet365 and that's for sure.
He deserves the chance do nt get me wrong and as you said Kane and Defoe are the only two ahead of him based on form.

I just think its too soon , hes not been back that long. Just think it would do him a world of good if he make to the end of season injury free and then be fit for the new season.
PEBCAK = Problem Exist Between Chair And Keyboard

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

redhammer wrote:I think he needs it. If he gets overlooked then it can be a slap in the face for a footballer, a demotivater. The only striker ahead of him right now should be Kane with Andy and Defoe as the other two, unless am forgetting someone.

I've never been a fan of Carroll but everyone, including us doubters, can see he's on fire at the moment.

So I don't want him, or any of our players come to that, anywhere near the next England squad. I want them fresh as the proverbial daisies for OUR matches. Not farting around preparing for, and possibly playing in, a pointless fucking friendly. Even if it is against the world champions.

It's a friendly FFS. Therefore totally and utterly meaningless.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote:

I've never been a fan of Carroll but everyone, including us doubters, can see he's on fire at the moment.

So I don't want him, or any of our players come to that, anywhere near the next England squad. I want them fresh as the proverbial daisies for OUR matches. Not farting around preparing for, and possibly playing in, a pointless fucking friendly. Even if it is against the world champions.

It's a friendly FFS. Therefore totally and utterly meaningless.
Who ARE the world champions ? Square heads ?
Bring back Jonathon !

grandad

Post by grandad »

Newmarket wrote:I think the England manager needs to be seen to be looking at any English player that is in good form .

Doesn't mean he'll get picked and imo probably won't be .

Who are England playing this time anyway ? Like I'm bothered ....

I think it's er er er er errrrrrrrrrrrr fucked if I know or care
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

I am always proud when one of our players make the England squad/team!
I certainly would not be amused thou if he got injured,while away with them.
But you got to have a bit of pride in having your players playing for your country?
There too many spuds in the England team at present,way too many!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Andy, tell Southgate to go fuck himself and have a nice night on the piss.