Liverpool sniffing around Obiang

Chat about anything football related here!
Pennywise

Re: Liverpool sniffing around Obiang

Post by Pennywise »

JayK wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Not at all.

But IF ITS ALL your going to be doing is stopping the opposition playing YOU HAVE TO AT LEAST BE HALF DECENT at it.

What about the games v City?!

Utd?

Was he playing when Arsenal could have taken about 15 off us at home?!

Then there was the time v mighty WBA who had scored about 3 goals in their previous 10 games till he organised a midfield against them!!

Watford?!

Yip he can anchor a midfield and no mistake.

Is that the same Klopp thats team capitulated out 2 Cups and slithered alarmingly down the league recently after some horrendous showings or a different one?!

I will try and keep the questions easy for you.
Sorry mate, Obiang never played against Watford or West Brom
He must have, Porter says so and he saw the highlights 8 days later. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Pennywise on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Well Payet was worth £40 million and we got 25, so if Obiang is worth 30 mil, we will probably flog him for 18. West Ham way init. For me, definite contender for hoty.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Let's presume the story has merit. ( which I doubt.) Like Gonzo was initially trying to say, I presume, why should we even respond with any comment stating a price. It just says we are willing to sell.

For me that sends out the wrong signals. But as many have said its probably The Sun stirring what it so often writes.

Obiang is on the up and as Gonzo said £18 mil buys eff all decent these days. If we sell its got to be for a price we can buy a better or as worthy a replacement..
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

JayK wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Not at all.

But IF ITS ALL your going to be doing is stopping the opposition playing YOU HAVE TO AT LEAST BE HALF DECENT at it.

What about the games v City?!

Utd?

Was he playing when Arsenal could have taken about 15 off us at home?!

Then there was the time v mighty WBA who had scored about 3 goals in their previous 10 games till he organised a midfield against them!!

Watford?!

Yip he can anchor a midfield and no mistake.

Is that the same Klopp thats team capitulated out 2 Cups and slithered alarmingly down the league recently after some horrendous showings or a different one?!

I will try and keep the questions easy for you.
And that backs up things to a degree mate.

He wasn't even deemed good enough to be selected in a poor midfield at that stage but now he's deemed to be like Kante/ Makalele etc.

So then he got selected and played in the absolute diabolical performances V Arse, United ,City etc !!!!.

Whats next?

" Oh you cannot be expected to be good against the good teams" ( which he has proved in abundance he's not)!!

I NEVER HAVE said those defeats WERE ALL down to him.

All I know is I like my Central Midfielders " to boss the game".

And yes that INCLUDES when your playing against the best.

Do I see that?!

Sorry just don't.

Its like a lot of people rate Noble and I don't.

The eye of the beholder and all that.

Funny on the recent thread about your 3 best players he( Noble) scored virtually no votes by those that profess to love him so much ( maybe there's a wee clue in there though) ;)

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Pennywise wrote:
JayK wrote:
He must have, Porter says so and he saw the highlights 8 days later. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
No comment on his " performances" as stated V Arse ( same Arse that are capitulating against just about everybody) a City team that is extremely vulnerable on its travels, a very average Man U side?!

You really don't like facts.

Perhaps you should stick to telling us all your opinions about Young People with Learning Difficulties.

That's when you show yourself in your best colours.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Porterman wrote:
JayK wrote:

He wasn't even deemed good enough to be selected in a poor midfield at that stage but now he's deemed to be like Kante/ Makalele etc.

So then he got selected and played in the absolute diabolical performances V Arse, United ,City etc !!!!.

Whats next?

" Oh you cannot be expected to be good against the good teams" ( which he has proved in abundance he's not)!!

Do I see that?!

Sorry just don't.

Funny on the recent thread about your 3 best players he( Noble) scored virtually no votes by those that profess to love him so much ( maybe there's a wee clue in there though) ;)
I think Obiang not playing at the start of the season in those games is just Bilic trying to keep a successful 1st 11 going like last season but clearly it all went tits up.

With regards the city and Utd games, the whole team was shit against city....twice. 1 player can't beat a team, not even Messi. Against Utd, we done ok in 1 game with Sakho on the pitch. The 2nd game Payet gave them the ball so it was effectively 10 vs 12 and at our place Feghouli went off after 10 minutes. Always difficult when you're playing 10 vs 11+ the ref.

With regards Noble, I don't think that poll indicated Noble was shit or disliked but we just hold other players in higher regard.

I get your point re how you want to see your midfielders I.e Ballack as probably quite a good example and I agree Noble and Obiang and even Kouyate aren't in that bracket but I think it's hard to get those proven players in for the money we wanna spend and with the bigger teams also competing as well as having the European football carrot to dangle most of the time.
So for me, no i don't see any of our midfield as world beaters but I do see them working hard for the cause and that's why I won't slate any of them.
COYI!!!

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise »

Porterman wrote:
Pennywise wrote:
He must have, Porter says so and he saw the highlights 8 days later. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
No comment on his " performances" as stated V Arse ( same Arse that are capitulating against just about everybody) a City team that is extremely vulnerable on its travels, a very average Man U side?!

Perhaps you should stick to telling us all your opinions about Young People with Learning Difficulties.

Facts? How did he get on against Watford? :lol: :lol:

Did you not get to see the highlights that week Porter? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Pennywise on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Sell to the serial mourners for £30 million or chuck Noble in as well and sell for £28 million.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

JayK wrote:
Porterman wrote:

Whats next?

Do I see that?!

Sorry just don't.

I think Obiang not playing at the start of the season in those games is just Bilic trying to keep a successful 1st 11 going like last season but clearly it all went tits up.

With regards the city and Utd games, the whole team was shit against city....twice. 1 player can't beat a team, not even Messi. Against Utd, we done ok in 1 game with Sakho on the pitch. The 2nd game Payet gave them the ball so it was effectively 10 vs 12 and at our place Feghouli went off after 10 minutes. Always difficult when you're playing 10 vs 11+ the ref.

With regards Noble, I don't think that poll indicated Noble was shit or disliked but we just hold other players in higher regard.

I get your point re how you want to see your midfielders I.e Ballack as probably quite a good example and I agree Noble and Obiang and even Kouyate aren't in that bracket but I think it's hard to get those proven players in for the money we wanna spend and with the bigger teams also competing as well as having the European football carrot to dangle most of the time.
So for me, no i don't see any of our midfield as world beaters but I do see them working hard for the cause and that's why I won't slate any of them.
Bit surely you and me( plus just about every other fan) " would work hard for the cause mate"?!

It doesn't mean we are going to be lining up any time soon at The Olympic Stadium though!!

So do we " just accept" that all our players a basically 2nd rate and be happy just because they run around a lot?!

I think basically it boils down to " what components you use to rate a player".

I use a pretty high scale and it's just the way that I believe regarding players worth ( in an individual way and in a team/ squad) way.

When I played football it was exactly the same and I used these same barometers to determime which teams I was willing to play for.

You make the very good point re " trying hard" but for me THATS ONLY THE BEGINING( and should be an absolute given at this level) you then have to excel in your position otherwise what do you have?!

Mediocrity in my book!!!

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Pennywise wrote:
Porterman wrote:

Facts? How did he get on against Watford? :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

Did you not get to see the highlights that week Porter? :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
See how badly you let yourself down when you wander off topic.