Wenger anyone?

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Wenger anyone?

Post by Towie »

We have a manager.....

you girlie Fickle Spud wankers :D
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Towie wrote:We have a manager.....

Agreed stop panicing.

If we did, Wenger would be the wrong choice, his teams are spineless and we could be going that way with some of the signings we have made. Snodgrass was an embarrassment yday and in most his appearances after a promising start vs Soton. We need more winners and competitors in the team. I'd start by making a proper bid to sign Joe Hart.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

dorsetdano wrote:
Towie wrote:We have a manager.....

Agreed stop panicing.

If we did, Wenger would be the wrong choice, his teams are spineless and we could be going that way with some of the signings we have made. Snodgrass was an embarrassment yday and in most his appearances after a promising start vs Soton. We need more winners and competitors in the team. I'd start by making a proper bid to sign Joe Hart.
If I'm being honest.
I don't think he can do a job at RB.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Pointless talking about new managers before any large investment to the squad is made.
No fucker worth their salt will entertain the idea until they see some real show of financial commitment from G&S and clear proof that we as a club have the kind of scouting and recruiting talent that will bring in the targets.
Otherwise it's just going to be "as you were sir" for next season and beyond on the managerial front with the same sort of managers that SuGo have entertained throughout their club-running careers. Their spin about the stadium will NOT give them any bonus points.
It's all about the squad and the staff.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

whu

Post by whu »

ToneLoc wrote:Pointless talking about new managers before any large investment to the squad is made.
No fucker worth their salt will entertain the idea until they see some real show of financial commitment from G&S and clear proof that we as a club have the kind of scouting and recruiting talent that will bring in the targets.
Otherwise it's just going to be "as you were sir" for next season and beyond on the managerial front with the same sort of managers that SuGo have entertained throughout their club-running careers. Their spin about the stadium will NOT give them any bonus points.
but do they commit dough to slav or a new boy?

there will be nothing committed anywhere until mid-may
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

whu wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Pointless talking about new managers before any large investment to the squad is made.
but do they commit dough to slav or a new boy?

there will be nothing committed anywhere until mid-may
Either would suit me mate.
There just needs to be a show of real commitment that spans more than one transfer window.
A real policy shift from the club. They've now built a reputation as talkers, not doers in the transfer windows.
A reputation that now seems to be recognised far beyond the confines of our own club.
Imo, that reputation needs to be addressed before any "A-lister" worth their weight will look at working with them.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Brookbonds73 wrote:
dorsetdano wrote: Agreed stop panicing.

If I'm being honest.
I don't think he can do a job at RB.
Point taken, that is a priority; but I believe the fact that both our goalkeepers are passive means that we need someone being vocal and organising the defence. Every defence needs a true leader/boss. We don't have one and haven't had one for yonks. Slaven was one and good as Reid/Fonte/Ogbonna are none of them are in your faces leaders. Joe Hart will boss and organise the people in front of him.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Wenger no way not now , getting on a bit , would much prefer Mancini , if Bilic goes but would our owners ever put up the cash to get Managers of their renown to go with the Stadium we now have .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Very creepy looking individual,no thanks

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'm pretty sure Slaven won't be our manager next season. But equally sure it won't be Wenger, Bielsa, Benitez or any other Johnny Foreigner.

The guy I'd try to get would be Sean Dyche.