West Ham without Marko Arnautovic

Chat about anything football related here!
Neville Bartos

Re: West Ham without Marko Arnautovic

Post by Neville Bartos »

Arnautovic is quality up front, there's no denying that. His conversion from so-so winger to quality front man was entirely unexpected. There's no doubt he was the difference between staying up and being relegated last season.
But, and my word it's a big but, his attitude, and that of his brother, are atrocious. His signing was expensive -- as opposed to peanuts -- because what we signed was that so-so winger. And let's bear in mind the time frame here. He's been here 18 months, only around a year of that as a striker, and already the demands for pay increases and transfers have reached critical mass.

Say what you like about the moody Frenchman, his departure wasn't about increasing his paypacket. And just because Arnie is getting his brother to throw the spanner in the works, does that make him any better?
Should Arnautovic leave I'd be inclined to view him as we do Payet. Perhaps even less so, because Payet's talent was always there. It took coming to West Ham to elevate Arnautovic.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Neville Bartos wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Say what you like about the moody Frenchman, his departure wasn't about increasing his paypacket. And just because Arnie is getting his brother to throw the spanner in the works, does that make him any better?
Should Arnautovic leave I'd be inclined to view him as we do Payet. Perhaps even less so, because Payet's talent was always there. It took coming to West Ham to elevate Arnautovic.
Strange thing is I’d have Payet back tomorrow . I’m not sure I would Arnautovic if he left in these circumstances.

Why do we always seem to be over reliant on one certain player ? There’s no denying it’s becoming habit.
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope to keep Arnautovic until at least this summer and I fully expected him to go this summer which will be sad but he is at the aged of 30 and need large amount of cash from £70millions plus.

Replacement for him would be Silva as Pellegrini can turn him into Messi type.

Need at least 2 strikers this summer if 2 of ours goes.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:42 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Strange thing is I’d have Payet back tomorrow . I’m not sure I would Arnautovic if he left in these circumstances.

Why do we always seem to be over reliant on one certain player ? There’s no denying it’s becoming habit.
We were a one man team with Payet, and whilst the same could be said of Arnautovic last season, I don't think it's true anymore.

I'm with you on the moody frog though. He was an absolute joy to watch. He was so good he had Noble in the verge of an England call up.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles »

when he goes or any other player goes then we will still be supporting west ham
some go gracefully and some don't
if he goes because of what his brother is saying and he agrees with it then some time in the futre there maybe " i regret the way i left west ham" for me its to late to say it

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

I agree with the post, very good post but the reality seems to be that we're unable to keep hold of players who show a level above where we are (A mid table team) - Whether it's to China or the Champions League, it's a shame because part of me imagines a team with Arnie, Anderson, Payet, Lanzini in it and drools but in the way football is, it's unlikely we can get to that level of the top 6.

We had so much turmoil, I just want us to be like Everton and be nowhere near relegation for the majority of the past 10-20 years, be a step in the right direction to me - MP is a great manager and having him here is fantastic but it won't last for very long so my only hope is he builds foundations for the next person, who has a similar philosophy to come in and do work.

As for Arnie, he can do a good job for us for next few years if his mentality is right, but if he loses his mentality than he's better off gone, he's one of our best players, between him, Diop, Fabianski and Anderson so keeping him is an obvious plus - See how he plays tomorrow, if he doesn't give 100% you know the fans will be on his back.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Hildreth_1101 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:49 pm I agree with the post, very good post but the reality seems to be that we're unable to keep hold of players who show a level above where we are (A mid table team) - Whether it's to China or the Champions League, it's a shame because part of me imagines a team with Arnie, Anderson, Payet, Lanzini in it and drools but in the way football is, it's unlikely we can get to that level of the top 6.

And THAT is also an excellent post that tells the West Ham future.
Mr Sullivan . Do NOT make it so .
Bring back Jonathon !

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Fuck it lets replace all strikers. Arnie wants out, Carroll is not avaliable often enough, Chica is on too much to warrant his limited avaliability/inconsistance and Perez dont seem suited for the PL at all.

Get 3 new in the summer, 2 main + 1 for the future as well as Antonio when not deployed somewhere else and Silva as backup.

Solved

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

thomasswe wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:00 pm Fuck it lets replace all strikers. Arnie wants out, Carroll is not avaliable often enough, Chica is on too much to warrant his limited avaliability/inconsistance and Perez dont seem suited for the PL at all.

Get 3 new in the summer, 2 main + 1 for the future as well as Antonio when not deployed somewhere else and Silva as backup.

Solved
Make you right about restructuring the team in the summer. Forget the January window unless we bring in someone like Cahill on loan, which is a good shout.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Neville Bartos wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:55 pm Arnautovic is quality up front, there's no denying that. His conversion from so-so winger to quality front man was entirely unexpected. There's no doubt he was the difference between staying up and being relegated last season.
But, and my word it's a big but, his attitude, and that of his brother, are atrocious. His signing was expensive -- as opposed to peanuts -- because what we signed was that so-so winger. And let's bear in mind the time frame here. He's been here 18 months, only around a year of that as a striker, and already the demands for pay increases and transfers have reached critical mass.

" It took coming to West Ham to elevate Arnautovic" ?. Austria since 2008 , 77 games , 20 goals !! and plenty in other leagues. :lol: :lol: :lol: